Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Okay, here's a question.

You are in a serious relationship and your significant other goes behind your back and has an affair. You find out...would you forgive them? Would you love them enough to try and work through it or, because they have cheated on you they obviously don't love you, would you break it off? Would you still love them afterwards?
Posted
[color=002E55]I walked in on my girlfriend (well, she's not my girlfriend anymore) having sex with a friend of mine a while back, and the relationship was pretty serious. Think it was about 11 months we had been going out. She's one of my good friends now.. I suppose I forgave her.

In the end, it was her choice. She wanted to do it, and probably knew what was going to happen. Me not 'forgiving' her for doing so would ruin anything we could possibly have as friends.

Hope that makes sense. Oo;[/color]
Posted
I'd ultimately forgive them, yes. But I wouldn't continue the relationship anymore, unless otherwise commanded. To do so would be foolish.

-Justin
Posted
[color=b60039]I would break off the relationship and possibly after a couple of months try it out again...though, I really shouldn't be talking because I haven't had this experience yet...but i'd try to talk it out as much as i could.[/color]
Posted
I dont know if I could ever forgive someone who did that to me. I believe that trust is something very important in a relationship. If someone took my trust and turned around and went with someone else, I dont think I could ever trust that person again, let alone have any sensable relationship with them.
Guest Majin Buu
Posted
Hey its 2003 its a sick world and Love is Very overated.. Thats why I dont get too much into someone and think the world of them cause if you do.. You'll just get crushed when somthing bad happens, Like your case here. Ohh well It happens, And its wrong yes, but it happens. I wouldnt know what to do.. I have never been cheated on I think... lol
Posted
[color=#707875]This question is far too difficult to answer in a mere sentence or two.

If my partner kissed someone else...and was very sorry/regretful, I don't think I'd end the relationship over it.

But if my partner actually had some kind of continual affair with someone, then no...of course I could never continue in a relationship. You can't have a relationship with someone if you don't trust them, basically.[/color]
Posted
If we were in a serious relationship and if he was caught cheating, I would end the relationship immediately. Considering i'm a little hot tempered, it won't be pretty and although I would forgive him in time, I doubt that I'd ever keep in contact with him let alone think about "starting over." I would consider it a betrayal of trust and loyalty. I would never give the relationship a second chance
Posted
Personally, it would be very difficult to forgive them. I have a hard time finding people who I trust enough to fully open my heart to and be in a relationship with them in the first place.

For you, all I can offer is first take a break and calm down about everything. Let the anger and hurt settle so that you can think clearly. Then think about it: look into your heart, realize how you feel and what actions you want to take. Then talk with your partner about things. Communication's the key...that and trusting what your heart says.

I hope everything turns out for the best.
Posted
Unless she had a good explanation for it(and I mean REALLY DARNED CONVINCING), I would break up with her. If she apologized I guess I'd still be friends with her...unless we were married at which point I would get a divorce.
Posted
I think that when you say you wouldn't love that person anymore, it's not something I would be 100% sure about... I mean, if you REALLY did love that person, you wouldn't simply lose your love for her/him... Probably no matter what... Breaking up and "not forgiving" don't mean not loving right? Like, you're deeply hurt, but you know that you still wanted to be with that person, even though if you may hate them for what happened...
Guest XBebop
Posted
For me, it would be very hard to forgive someone that cheated on me/well, cheated on me, becuase, if i ever go out with someone it means that i'm in love with them, if i interupt my girfriend and another guy/woman having sex then i'd be pretty damn non-forgiving, i wouldn't talk to her for a few days unless she talked to me first ( take note that i ofrgive almost anyone for anything VERY quickly.. ) then i'd try to talk about it and then break up with her. knowing me i'd have a whole, very mean speech to say to her ^.^' ( hey, she's the one that cheated on me, she deserves it -.- )
Posted
Thanks for all your input, but just let me clear something up lol. This is a rhetorical question and I just wanted to see people's views on acceptance and forgiveness in a relationship and if there were certain things you just couldn't forgive. I've never had someone cheat on me myself but I appreciate all your support ^_^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...