Guest kingnothing47 Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 anyone seen or even heard of bubblegum crisis tokyo 2040?it really is one of the best animes around.
TheGodlyME Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 Yeah..I have heard of it... in fact I have the whole series, and the predecessor, Bubblegum Crisis(sadly dubbed, for the sake of my brother). I don't, however, have Bubblegum Crash, nor have I seen it..I'm having a little trouble finding it. Back to the subject... It is okay, I like to watch the original to see what it was before they re-did the whole thing. It is just a different animation style, with the same basic story. The interesting thing is that 2040 was more popular, even though the original was one of the first "babe in battle-suit" animes(I think that I heard that somewhere...check for yourself). The difference is that the first was broken into two series, Bubblegum Crisis and Bubblegum Crash, and the longer episodes, meant for an hour timeslot. That's probably what made it more popular. I'm betting that alot more people have heard of the series, being that it is somewhat popular. I think that maybe you should watch the original Crisis and Crash, and see what you think of THEM. **sorry for flexing the mind...**
WW2 Posted July 1, 2003 Posted July 1, 2003 I own about every BC: Tokyo 2040 episode. I have yet to buy the final tape, maybe I'll get around to it some day. As for the show, its pretty good. It has good mecha and character design. My favorite characters are the two A.D. Police officers: Leon, and Wong. :cool:
Guest kingnothing47 Posted July 2, 2003 Posted July 2, 2003 i havent seen it on t.v. in like 3 or 4 months. when is it on or did it get taken off? and what a good place to buy dvds on it?
WW2 Posted July 2, 2003 Posted July 2, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kingnothing47 [/i] [B]i havent seen it on t.v. in like 3 or 4 months. when is it on or did it get taken off? and what a good place to buy dvds on it? [/B][/QUOTE] Suncoast and FYE are the best places to buy such anime. If you really like the show ADV has just released the entire series in a box set.
InuyashaDeamon Posted July 2, 2003 Posted July 2, 2003 I Seen a few episodes it a great anime but i would like to see all of it in stead of 5,6 episodes
XeEmO Posted July 2, 2003 Posted July 2, 2003 My friend has the DVD box set. I saw it and I agree, it's a very good anime. So if it's not on tv, and you have the money, you can always get the dvds.
OtakuSennen Posted July 6, 2003 Posted July 6, 2003 I've never seen it, but I have heard it's really good.. Was it originally a manga? And when was it first made..?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now