OtakuBoards

Adult Swim comments.

Nayme

I *love* the comments that Adult Swim makes in-between shows and commercials. I can't remember them all, but I'll be sitting in my living room, smiling like an idiot over most of them.

One I remember:

You missed Futurama last night, didn't you?

We're not upset.

You're only hurting yourself.

And our advertisers.

.Adult Swim.

Do any of ya'll have one you like? Or...do you watch it at all?

Guest Randleman
No cable. Thus no Cartoon Network. [i]Thus[/i] no Adult Swim. But I would take my Family Guy DVD set over Adult Swim any day. :p

Guest Randleman
Family guy is the best.

*Stewie and Brian are on an immigrant truck in Texas*
Brain: (talking to an immigrant) Um, Me, Me llamo es Brian.
Immigrant: That's very good. But you don't need the "es". Just say "Me llamo Brian".
Brain: You can speak English? That's great!
Immigrant: No. I just know how to say that phrase and this one explaining it.
Brain: You're kidding right?
Immigrant: ¿Que?

rofl. comedy gold.

Yay for family guy and my random family guy quote..........
"So Chris came in with all this yo yo yo stuff, so I beat him with a hose, then my arm get tired, and now I'm here." I just cant wait till the 2nd volume comes out, since I think the 3rd season of FG was the best. All the episodes have something thats just extremely hilarious about them. So yah as you can tell I am a huge Family Guy fan.

Guest Randleman
this thread has been successfully hijacked.

the [url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008YGRV/qid=1057115571/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_2/002-7575090-4668044?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846#product-details]next volume[/url] (to feature season 3) is to come out September 9. It will feature the never before aired episode "When You Wish Upon a Weinstein" in the episode:[spoiler]After meeting a successful Jew, Peter tries to talk Chris into becoming a Jew so he will also be successful.[/spoiler] I've already pre-ordered mine. :)

Guest dayday
You need to get back on topic in this thread. If you want to talk about Family Guy make another thread or use PM. I know I'm not a Mod but I was just saying this to tell you.

Guest dayday
One I remember went like this. There was another one about your breath stinking but I can't remember it.

Some things to keep in mind
1) Don't try so hard
2)Don't worry so much
3)Get more sleep
4)Relax

Cause everything tastes like chicken in the end
And chicken...tastes good

LMAO! They sound so funny...unfortunatly in the UK we don't get Adult Swim, nore do we get any good anime to be honest. October last year, the new channel CNX was released which was dedicated to action and anime. Now it is just action cartoon and stuff like The Sheild and this crappy Boomtown or something, which arn't even cartoons. The only anime they show is Gundam Wing, Tenchi in Tokyo and Dragonball GT. Dragonball GT is shown at dinner time but every other anime (that's right, those whole 2) are shown at 4 in the morning! I MEAN COMON! It used to show all those shows, then Outlaw Star and Spawn but showed them in a group starting at 7 pm and finishing at 10 pm. It was great :(. The only other place that shows anime is the Sci Fi channel which shows it once a week on a Thursday at 1 in the morning >_<.

I don't mind the comments, and some are funny... But they take so damn long to display. I sit there thinking, [i]hurry up already[/i] everytime I see them. I don't even watch Adult Swim much... like once every couple weeks. I can't imagine how dull they'd get if I watched it on a regular basis.

Off-topic, but I had a response: As for Family Guy, FOX has no intentions of handing the license over to CN whatsoever. In fact, they are wanting to go ahead with Seth McFarlane and make a movie due to the popularity of it on CN and the excellent DVD sales. Yet another potentially huge property that FOX murdered due to constant time slot changes and pre-empting.