OtakuBoards

Religious Question

Navi

[color=purple] wow, this is a huuuge topic however here's my take on it! (hey u asked!! hehe) ok so I'm Catholic we take communion every week and all it is basically is in rememberance of the last supper see ur basically just remembering jesus and how he died and came back for us in my mind its not canabolism at all but thats just the way I see it I dont know if that cleared up any confusion..but thats my opinion!! [/color]

Well since I have no idea on how Christianity works... i cannot say

However eating bread and drinking wine is obviously not part of Jesus... they buy a loaf of bread and some cheap wine at the grocery store... if I do that, does that mean I can eat Jesus at home? Just kidding ofcourse... all you people gonna jump on my back...

But look on the bright side... driving home drunk you can always say you are buzzed off the blood of Christ, and the police really can't arrest you... after all it's blood not wine, despite the alcohol in it... unless they serve non-alcoholic blood.... :p

I sure hope no one takes this seriously...

It's fine...the church only lets you take a sip of alcochol during mass...unless you're that prone to get drunk...:rolleyes:

Here's what I think...

The christian religion regards those as symbolic...that you inhibit the ways and accept all those things that Jesus Christ did.

Then the Catholic religion regards those as the actual body and blood of Jesus christ...you take it and you belive it is so you may live on forever...not mortally obviously. It may be considered cannabalistic...but its something more meaningful than that, something beautiful that the church's participants grasp.

Well, Im church of Christ. In the bible (king james) it is said that on the last supper between jesus and his apostles that they passed around the wine and bread and jesus said to them. This ye do in remembrance of me. I dont really no the bible like i should but it says more. So thats why most of the christian faith always do something in that manor weather its grape juice or wine. It says by doing that you proclaim his death untill he comes again.

That was great, Transtic....heh...

Okay, there are a few different views on the Lord's table.

1.) Roman Catholic Church--Transubstantiation--Body and Blood replace the bread and wine when certain words are said over it... Only Body and Blood are present.

2.) Baptist--I think it's Baptist--Only Bread and wine (crackers and grape juice, whatever...) are present. It's a meal "in remembrence of me..."

3.) Lutheran--Body, Blood, Bread, and Wine are all present. In and with each other.

It's a communion (thus one of it's names) with the entire church--past, present, and future.

Cannibalism...no...it's something...higher, I guess...gah...it's hard to understand, and worse to explain...

I can't belive I'm the one trying to explain the beliefs of my church body...the irony....it's amazing....who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

Sorry, I cant start another topic for this but, what does everyone think on baptism.

Ithink its the baptist faith believe baptism is not neccesarry to go to heaven but in the bible it plainly say it is. Once again im not sure the correct scripture I can look it up if i need to though. But it does say that to be saved you have to: Repent and be baptised for the remission of all sins. I can give you all numorous verse on that but i will have to look them up. All this is taken from the kings james version of the bible that has not been altered. Its an exact tranlation from the greek text.

Another thing is. A lot of faiths used bible that are: New Revised edition. The thing is, those bibles have thing s that are changed from the original text (thus revised) and in the bilbe it says anyone who changes or adds too the word of god is damned. So a revised version is changed so that is wrong. Thats why we use the King James cause its a direct translationfrom the greek text.

I know many of you may disagrea and thats fine. Im just stating my facts or opinions. I just want to see what other faiths believe about this. I also apologize for not being able to quote the scriptures as I should. If anyone wants the scripture I am getting this from just contact me and I will be glad to look it up.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B]A lot of faiths used bible that are: New Revised edition. The thing is, those bibles have thing s that are changed from the original text (thus revised) and in the bilbe it says anyone who changes or adds too the word of god is damned. [/B][/QUOTE]
no editting? :( the word of god????? UGH! did 'God' speak to people so they could write the bible? or somewhere along those lines?

The people wrote the bible but it was inspired by god. He was basically guiding them in what to wright.

To back up the Baptism statement everyone look at the bible and go to Mark 16:16 and see what it says.

It says:

He that believeth and [b]is baptised[/b] shall be saved, he that believeth not shall be damned.

[color=deeppink]This topic reminds me of my favorite musical of all time, [b]Jesus Christ Superstar[/b]. Here are a few lyrics from it:

[i]"The end...
Is just a little bit harder when brought about by friends,
For all you care, this wine could be my blood
For all you care, this bread could be my body.
The end!
This is my blood you drink, this is my body you eat.
If you would remember me
When you eat and drink."[/i]

This musical is awesome...even if you aren't religious, this one really gets to you. It's classic.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]This topic reminds me of my favorite musical of all time, [b]Jesus Christ Superstar[/b]. Here are a few lyrics from it:

[i]"The end...
Is just a little bit harder when brought about by friends,
For all you care, this wine could be my blood
For all you care, this bread could be my body.
The end!
This is my blood you drink, this is my body you eat.
If you would remember me
When you eat and drink."[/i]

This musical is awesome...even if you aren't religious, this one really gets to you. It's classic.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Andrew lloyd Webber is a musical genious :)

And please people, it was a simple question, lets not have this develop into some religious argument over who wrote the bible or not... Religious beliefs are something you believe in and to tell someone what they believe in is wrong isn't right. The least you could do for someone is give them respect for what the do believe in, even if your Christain and they are Satanist or this or that or whatever.... religion is NEVER a reason to hate... whether you have a religion or not.... I didn't really read over all the posts, having a bad night, but thats just telling you all not to if, even if you haven't already or don't plan to, just we don't need religious debates and arguments...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Andrew lloyd Webber is a musical genious :)

And please people, it was a simple question, lets not have this develop into some religious argument over who wrote the bible or not... Religious beliefs are something you believe in and to tell someone what they believe in is wrong isn't right. The least you could do for someone is give them respect for what the do believe in, even if your Christain and they are Satanist or this or that or whatever.... religion is NEVER a reason to hate... whether you have a religion or not.... I didn't really read over all the posts, having a bad night, but thats just telling you all not to if, even if you haven't already or don't plan to, just we don't need religious debates and arguments... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=purple] wow I totally agree religion is so personal and its horrible to be told what to think and ur right we dont need to argue...stating of opinion is ok I think! [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B]The people wrote the bible but it was inspired by god. He was basically guiding them in what to wright.

To back up the Baptism statement everyone look at the bible and go to Mark 16:16 and see what it says.

It says:

He that believeth and [b]is baptised[/b] shall be saved, he that believeth not shall be damned. [/B][/QUOTE]

On the same note, it does NOT say: He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved, he that believeth not or is not baptised shall be damned.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]That was great, Transtic....heh...

Okay, there are a few different views on the Lord's table.

1.) Roman Catholic Church--Transubstantiation--Body and Blood replace the bread and wine when certain words are said over it... Only Body and Blood are present.

2.) Baptist--I think it's Baptist--Only Bread and wine (crackers and grape juice, whatever...) are present. It's a meal "in remembrence of me..."

3.) Lutheran--Body, Blood, Bread, and Wine are all present. In and with each other.

It's a communion (thus one of it's names) with the entire church--past, present, and future.

Cannibalism...no...it's something...higher, I guess...gah...it's hard to understand, and worse to explain...

I can't belive I'm the one trying to explain the beliefs of my church body...the irony....it's amazing....who says God doesn't have a sense of humor? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]The [i]original[/i] bible had references to cannibalism as a positive thing...

...I guess they cut that stuff out in the newer versions. :rolleyes: [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=darkblue]The [i]original[/i] bible had references to cannibalism as a positive thing...

...I guess they cut that stuff out in the newer versions. :rolleyes: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm intrigued.

Enlighten me.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]

I'm intrigued.

Enlighten me. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Well, I saw it on a documentary on television, about the origins of christianity. Infact, the entire series was about the history of christianity.

It was VERY interesting to say the least.

The current bible has been chopped and changed so much...it's very watered down from the original.

In any case, I don't have a lot of time to post at the moment, so I'll just say that the original bible had some very weird references in it, references that one might even consider [i]evil[/i].

I find it interesting how various military leaders and religious leaders have changed the bible over the years to make it suit their own purposes -- like how various leaders changed the religeous laws in the past to faciliate things like divorce.

It's very interesting stuff.[/color]