Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
well, makes sense. So I'll post here from now on.

here's my first thing to put on this, an avi for my game teams forum.

[IMG]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=9662[/IMG]

[IMG]http://lyricalgenocide.250free.com/Machine.jpg[/IMG]
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
There's something very captivating about the second image--except for the text. (It's always the text in everyone's picture, heh.) The texture is ok, and maybe the text. The yellow color is just irritating me.
Posted
The color scheme is much more balanced in that image, yes. The text also blends smoother, which makes the overall image more eyepleasing.

Even if I do prefer the yellow/red color one, heh. ;)
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green][size=1]all of them are good. exept the last one. maybe if you made all the white black.[/size][/color]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green][size=1]it's better but . . . . it's still . . . . uhh . . . . i don't know. it just doesn't look right. heh, my bad.[/size][/color]
Posted
thanks Chris...:rolleyes:

heres my newest creation...it took awhile so no insults....yeah...

[IMG]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=9714[/IMG]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green][size=1]it's kinda really weird . . . . heh. it's good i guess, but the weirdness is overwelming.[/size][/color]
Posted
Bored...
EDIT: (after seeing james comment) Yes boredom causes me to do weird things.

[IMG]http://lyricalgenocide.250free.com/RealitySmallKidStory.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://lyricalgenocide.250free.com/RealitySmallTrinity.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://lyricalgenocide.250free.com/RealitySmallWoman.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
[color=#707875]One word posts are against the rules. Remember that. ~_^

Anyway.

Your very first image...I like it, but the text is a bit hard to see. But a change of font might fix that.

The second image looks good. The yellow blends with the orange. Don't be afraid to use yellow. And, I also like the border.

Third image...I prefer it to your second. But it's got nothing to do with a change in technique; I simply prefer the colours. It looks more "electric". Nice stuff.

Fourth image is looking pretty good; I like the photographic effects you've used. It's a more simple banner (technically speaking), but I think it's effective. The borders are nice too; I like the fact that you're using unconventional borders. That gets a big plus from me.

The fifth image is also pretty cool. It has a very fiberous look to it. And the blend between the two layers is pretty nice also.

And the fifth...I don't really like that one. It seems a bit awkward to me. And some of the edges aren't very defined. But it's still quite interesting. I don't like the black version though.

The sixth image is really nice. Very cool. It's more outgoing...it plays around with colour and shape a lot more too. And it really puts a bigger emphasis on contrast. I like it. ^_^

As for your last three...

The first one's nice, but a bit confusing. The second is okay...but I don't like the text (though the cross hatching effect is nice).

And the final one...nope. I don't like it. It looks too washed out. It's not just because you've used the same colour as the woman's hair; it actually seems a bit too light and faded. And my personal preference is always for something to be very powerful and vibrant, rather than faded away.

And the text on that one doesn't really add to it, I don't think. It's kind of a counterbalance to the woman's face, but the text itself looks somewhat blurry (probably due to font choice/size).

In any case, you've really improved since you first came here. Your very first art seemed very amateurish compared to what you're producing now. So, you definitely need to pat yourself on the back for all that great improvement. You've definitely got some artistic flair, which is great to see. ^_^[/color]
Posted
The Animatrix seems to be very popoular.^^ That first Animatrix image is a bit wierd but I like how the eye color stands out among the various colors of the rest of it.

My favorite one would have to be the one with Trinity. It's so clean and simple. The color goes well with the fact that the Matrix is suppose to be greenish. ^^

I agree with James on the statement that you have improved. You have greatly.
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=green][size=1]i have one question about the last one . . . what the hell were you thinking? yellow?!? i thought you had beter taste than that . . . . *sigh*

the first two recent ones are good. i really like the green one. (i wonder why?) and yes, you have improved a lot. now you're one of the best on otaku. (look in sig) heh, good job my subversived little friend.[/size][/color]
Posted
Thanks for all the kind comments...heres something so weird lookin, I don't even know why I'm posting it.

[IMG]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=9796[/IMG]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=#707875]yeah, i don't really like that one that much. heh. it's a little too . . . uhh . . . well, i can't tell what it is. heh.[/color]
Posted
maybe your jpg quality is low, do you have AOL? Or maybe you just don't have a keen I for Animatrix pics....either way I understand where you comin from.
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=#707875]yea, i use aol . . . . heh, life's like that.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Subversive [/i]
[B]thanks Chris...:rolleyes:

heres my newest creation...it took awhile so no insults....yeah...

[IMG]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=9714[/IMG] [/B][/QUOTE]

Personally, I like this one the best. It looks awesome, and out of all of your other banners/etc. it seems the most original of your work. Besides I like the colors, and way the eye looks surrounded by it all. Definitely, it is my favorite.
Posted
that one is good...someone should use it!

Use IT!

Heres a red, more personal of my last...

[IMG]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=9900[/IMG]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=#707875]heh, i don't really like that one. it's just not my style.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...