Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
When we see the show, we see people with facial expressions. How is that possible? I'm sure they don't type in commands for it and they only wear v.r. GOGGLES. I think the world has tapped into people more than anybody origionally thought.
Posted
I play a game called DarkAges, and in this game, there are similar facial expressions that are controlled by hotkeys. Though not as vibrant as the ones in The World it's still quite possible. But what you're saying is an interesting hypotheses, it could be that The World does control them on an emotional level.
Posted
I'm pretty sure the expressions arent controlled by hotkeys, 'cause they respond way to fast for that. I know its probably to make the show more fun but stil...
Posted
I always thought that somehow they could play with there mind because it seems to be the only possibilty of reacting to things so quickly, but Im probably wrong on this. I also thought that maybe they have a speeker they talk into that is linked to the game.
Posted
The speaker is a definate 'cause in ep. 19 Recollection, when (for those who haven't seen it, look away!) [spoiler] Subaru hugged Tsukasa and cried, she shure as heck wasn't typing in *sob**sob*[/spoiler] and also, I think with only seven episodes left in the entire series, I get the feeling that we'll find out
Posted
Maybe the artists just did this to make the game seem more like a reality. Like, for real maybe the expressions aren't like that, but maybe because Tsukasa is in The World for real, maybe he sees true expressions somehow.. If he can feel pain and cold, maybe he can see other people's emotion..
Posted
it probably is something like that. but also, in .hack//mutation, it doesn't seem like they control their face expressions at all, like in the beginning when kite does the :-) at to blackrose and she reacts... wouldn't Kite usually just smile? and something else... blacck rose SAW the smiley, so it cant be voice program, come to think of it.
Posted
Well, since none of them are trapped in The World in Mutation and Infection... Maybe they won't see such facial expressions... (Wait.. IS anyone trapped in The World in the games..? I don't have a PS2.. -_-)
Posted
well, I think Tsukasa got out by then (or died or...whatever) so the only thing trapped in the world I can think of is Aura, and I dont know if she's really even trapped.
Posted
Tsukasa_hack wrote:

[quote]

well, I think Tsukasa got out by then (or died or...whatever) so the only thing trapped in the world I can think of is Aura, and I dont know if she's really even trapped.

[/quote]

Well, I really don't think Aura is a real person.. A player character.. She's just AI, I think... So I don't think she's trapped, considering she never logged out, nor did she ever log in.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B]Maybe the artists just did this to make the game seem more like a reality. Like, for real maybe the expressions aren't like that, but maybe because Tsukasa is in The World for real, maybe he sees true expressions somehow.. If he can feel pain and cold, maybe he can see other people's emotion.. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think your right about that. As you watch the series you notice how real the game is. I mean, Crim took his shirt off for crying out load! Maybe there is a "Take off clothes" option. Thats weird. Not to mention, even though they dont really feel pain....... (except Tsukasa) They sometimes act like it. Like when Subaru got the crap beaten out of her. But, like everyone else. I really have no idea.
Posted
Tsukasa_hack originally wrote:

[quote]

Truthfully, before I knew that they only wore goggles I thought they had to use like gigantic VR boots or something.
[/quote]

LOL I thought I was the only one who thought that.. 'Cause in the opening scene it shows them with the VR visors and they're walking around.. I thought that you walked around in real life as well because of that little 20 second bit..
Posted
lol That's true...

Player 1: Oh no!! A monster!!
Player 2: Quick, use your heavy axe!!
Player 1: ok! *swings around arms as if he had a sword*
Little did they know they were in a fine China store.
Player 2: *dodges by rolling, then into a wall of plates*
Store owner: No no no!!
Posted
XD that would be odd. I always thought they would have this virtual little area where they would on. Or... something like that. Im not sure, I confuse my self sometimes. I still think that they have some kind of speeker that they talk into.
Posted
Do you know how boring the .hack anime would be if the character were acting exactly like characters in a game? I'm not much of a fan of watching someone else play a video game, so why would I want an anime about it? :haha:

However, I believe Subaru fits into this category of "all-too real" in [I]The World[/I] with her tears. Facial expressions seem pretty commonplace for games and what-not, but actual tears... that's a different story. While not physically like Tsukasa, I believe Subaru's very much trapped in the game, and there is no longer a border between reality and game for her.
Posted
It says somewhere that the voice is the world. The voice I think, controls, Tsukasa, and the girl Aura. Tsukasa as the tool, and keeping Aura asleep.
Posted
first time i saw dothack it was sweet,but then i wondered how they did play it i mean i thought it was just a key board and there ya go,but now this is getting more confusing! Subaru crying and everything now it seems more like vertual reality ah this is confusing me,well anybody who finds out what it is pm me it will clear things up now i'll think of this all nite ah man.
Posted
Besides if they did walk around they'd more than likly have to remodel their rooms alot and what if they knocked down their computer!:( And in infection their lips don't even move, so you really don't know what the feel unless you pay close attention!(which i really hate!):flaming:
Posted
Azure Wolf wrote: [quote]However, I believe Subaru fits into this category of "all-too real" in The World with her tears. Facial expressions seem pretty commonplace for games and what-not, but actual tears... that's a different story. While not physically like Tsukasa, I believe Subaru's very much trapped in the game, and there is no longer a border between reality and game for her.[/quote]

Hm... True, the tears are a little overboard for a game, but I still believe Subaru hasn't been trapped in The World. [spoiler]Besides, again, I repeat, we saw the real world clip with Subaru IRL crying.. How can she be there if she is trapped in the game?[/spoiler]
Posted
:( Oh, sorry, Azurewolf. I confused myself with other posts I read on different threads. I just wanted to show people who think Subaru's trapped that they are incorrect in some ways... :(

Gomen.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...