OtakuBoards

I love New York!!!(About Anime Shops)

Youko Minamino

I just went on an anime shopping Binge in New York. I have to say I love New York after going to one store at the college I will hopefully be attending next year(waiting for an acceptance/rejection notice). But anyway at the Corner of 114 and Broadway near Columbia University there was an entertainment shop that I loved because of its collection of anime, but today I finally bought from it. I bought the YYH Box Set with all 122 eps, the Flame of Recca Box set will all 42 eps, and the Shaman King Volume 3 Box set, with 7 episodes on it.

Anyway this topic really isn't about this, but is about where you get your anime from. What shops, what are the locations, what state?

The only 2 I know are Japanimation and Comics too in South Philly, and Kim's Video in NYC.

[color=indigo]I don't want this discussion turning out to be a "what did you see in New York?" topic. Next time you have a question like that, Eddiesgrand2000, please pm the other member.

I usually buy my anime online or at Suncoast. I tend to find the best prices online...I usually get box sets on ebay, however, I tend to save money by using my replay card at suncoast if I just am buying two or three random titles...[/color]

I usually get my anime from Suncoast (have to since i bought the replay card thing), and Saturday Matinee. I live in New Jersey (Jackson exactly right next to Great Adventure) and if you wanted to i could give you directions to where the stores are.

I like Saturday Matinee a little more since they have everything in more for anime, i mean they have at least 20 copies of almost everything you can ask for. Plus they have whole series in tack, so if you wanted to you can buy some series all at once for real cheap (for example the whole series of Evangelion was selling for only $109 in which each one sold separately would cost about $29.99 so i think its pretty cheap there). No im not trying to advertise or anything like that and no i dont work their either im just trying to help people that want to find anime on sale.

If anyone mod wants me to edit this in anyway im happy to do it just PM me.

I buy anime from best buy or suncoast. I cant buy online either my mom says we cant trust ebay. and Im very interested in saturday mantinee, I have no special anime place in the twin cities of Minnesota except for the mall of america (from my opinion the best mall in the world) its soooooo big

[size=1] I think Ebay's allright if you actually know what you're doing. I've never been ripped off so far. ^_^;; My dad used Ebay all the time, and he's gotten a whole bunch of things pretty cheap. I usually buy my anime stuff....hm..::looks at room filled with NO anime things:: Heh, I usually watch anime DVDs at my cousin's house. I really need to save up my money. I think Bestbuy has this huge after-Thanksgiving sale, but I never really saw anime at a discounted pirce at stores. [/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I buy my anime at Media Play. They usually have a huge selection and everything that I want. And they have a great selection of manga as well. There a few anime shops in Georgia, but I think they are all in north Georgia, up near Atlanta. Maybe one day I'll go around and try to find them. Of course, that will have to be when I get some money.

And [b]bammargera[/b], your post was complete spam and was deleted. I hope you take more time to put thought into your posts and to stay on topic.[/color][/size]

[B]i would buy my anime online if i had a credit card, and my dad will be damned if i use his, so i usualy get my anime from suncoast if i'm not buying too much. i go on mad anime sprees whenever i'm at a convention though, so thats where i've gotten the majority of my anime.[/B]

Suncoast is THE store with anime.... But it is all legitimate, no fansubs... I think that, since more than half of the items in my local suncoast are anime relatied, suncoast will soon become an all anime retailer.

I also get mine fro Quakerhead in South Philly... It has fansubs, but of course it is only of series that have not been licensed.