OtakuBoards

What is your favorite anime movie and Why?

Japan

I agree, and yes i have seen
Akira. I watched the whole thing on the Action Channel. I loved the movie. I just can't remember the pscic boys name. I keep on coming up with Kaneda, but thats the main charcter. I loved the action sequences though and the animation was the smoothest and most fluid i had ever seen. I loved Akira. THe ending was a tad strange, but i understand the phylisophical points of the movie.

i havn't watched that many anime movies, i sort of just started getting into the anime thing.i like Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki, it is like the coolest thing! its about a girl named Chihiro and shes not to crazy about her and her family moving. then her family gets lost in a spirit world and she has to save her family and she makes some new friends along the way. i would recomend it to anyone any day (because i own it....hee hee hee)

Daigo...You and your Action Channel...Puh........ANYWAYS!
Another favorite Anime movie of mine is..Hm...Perfect Blue!
Wow! Its great! Perfect thriller, good portrayal about how fans would act if they loved you so much, that they'd hate you if you changed. Of course then there is another "twist". Changes and weird things happen in that movie. I recommend it to all and to all a good night!

What about me and my Action Channel at least i saw it. What? Thats waht i thought.

I like Blue Sub 345 or some kind of number. It was an awsome movie. I loved it. It had awsome story, animation, characters, the monster and sub design was excellent and i loved how realistic the guns and stuff were. Its a good movie and i recommend it.

(Man there are alot of animes with blue in the name.)

OVAs prolly don't count as movies in everyone's mind but since Spirited Away's been mentioned too many times, I'll mention Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal (part of the Kenshin series for those who don't follow the show). It set's a much more serious and sad tone than the show ever did but that's what made it so interesting. Although split into two parts, trust and betrayal, the story flows so smoothly that it's essentially one two-hour motion picture that goes through the bloody days of the revolution where a samurai known as Kenshin was feared as the merciless manslayer. In an eventual struggle between love and the harsh reality of the war, Kenshin's past of sorrow is unfolded.
This is a must-see for any fan of the series especially if you haven't already read the jinchuu arc of the manga. If you haven't seen the show yet, however, it is recommended to catch a glimpse of at least the first half of it first to familiarize yourself with the characters and the storyline. Overall, simply awesome.

hey i was wondering if Fantasia counts as anime. well, its animation! thats my favorite "anime " movie, i it actually counts as one. the scene at the end with the ghosts and the demon in the mountain is my favorite scene in any movie, animated or not. well i guess AKIRA and Cowboy Bebop movie are my other two favorites because they have so much character, but can anyone tell me if fantasia counts as anime? haha what a lame question

Castle in the Sky! I rented that movie because there weren't many anime selections at the video store. I was expecting the movie to be crap since it was made in 1986, but I was wrong! The animation isn't all that good, but the story was amazing.