OtakuBoards

Stars, Stripes, And Sympathy?

Will2x

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]yeah, thats in palastine, they see the terrorist attack on the US as some sort of victory to them since the US backs up Isreal, who they consider their enemy, holy wars are so stupid, so what if one religion has different beliefs to the other religion.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Yeah, and the sad part is that quite often these wars have absolutely nothing to do with religion.

Religion is most often a front, or a justification for acts of war.

This is essentially about territorial dispute, and differences in opinion over lifestyle and politics.

Religion and politics are very closely bound together, particularly in the middle east.

The United States represents an "aggressor" or basically, someone who's butting in where they aren't wanted to the Palestinean people and others in that region.

But having said that, there is obviously no justifcation for "holy war" or terrorism. There never is.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=darkblue]
Religion is most often a front, or a justification for acts of war.

This is essentially about territorial dispute, and differences in opinion over lifestyle and politics.

The United States represents an "aggressor" or basically, someone who's butting in where they aren't wanted to the Palestinean people and others in that region.

But having said that, there is obviously no justifcation for "holy war" or terrorism. There never is.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I agree with all of this...we as the United States have obviously suffered an unneeded blow to our nation, but to say we haven't done anything to irritate it to this point would be ridiculous...

We've done our share of interfering in the Middle East...some of it I agree with...but most of the time I don't...

Then again, a lot of it is just politics...and that is something I know very little about...[/color]

Americans are just too ignorant to accept the ideals of anything NOT capitalist.... even Osama Bin Laden, who apparently hates Capitalism, gained over 60 million dollars in capitalist acts like investing and all that.... he contradicts his own beliefs....

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with burning an American flag.... hell, even in the US, Flag Burning IS constitutional.... Freedom of expression, and they, the Palestinians, have that too, and they are exploiting it... anyone who sees that as wrong, obviously isn't a true American because if you were a true American you would respect freedom of expression.... whether it be done in Palestine or in your neighbor's yeard....

i'm not mad that they burn the flag, tho i think it's very direspectful, i'm mad that they are rejoicing in thousands of deaths.

every religion has its zealots: Christianity has hitler and neo-nazis :flaming: (who forget the whole thing of THOU SHALT NOT KILL) and Islam has the taliban.

too many people use religion as an excuse to kill or to be killed, maybe if we all gathered and interpreted all of the facts this world would b a better place :angel:

lets see, i got post from 1 admin, 1 god, and 2 mods. people should be flooding this topic by now.
o wel..

Transtic, i hope you really wouldnt burn a flag in your own country. ESPECIALLY after the attacks. dont you know you could be killed?

Sephiroth: I think thoose palestines are stupid.

James: There religions are ****ed up huh?

Baby Girl: I agree.

k9: thats really sad that u abuse religion for there own selfish needs.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Will2x [/i]
[B]lets see, i got post from 1 admin, 1 god, and 2 mods. people should be flooding this topic by now.
o wel..

Transtic, i hope you really wouldnt burn a flag in your own country. ESPECIALLY after the attacks. dont you know you could be killed?
[/B][/QUOTE]

Correction: 2 gods and 1 mod... look to your left for your answer....

And I didn't say I was going to burn a flag... I said it's not wrong... And any true American who follows the ideals of the Constitution would agree....

I'm not going to burn an American flag... I have no reason to... hell I don't even have an American flag, that I know of...

[B]lets see, i got post from 1 admin, 1 god, and 2 mods. people should be flooding this topic by now.
o wel..

Sephiroth: I think thoose palestines are stupid.

James: There religions are ****ed up huh?

Baby Girl: I agree.

k9: thats really sad that u abuse religion for there own selfish needs. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Their religion isn't screwed up. Religion in general is screwed up.

Their [i]interpretation[/i] of their religion is especially screwed up. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about people who want to take things too far when it comes to religion...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Correction: 2 gods and 1 mod... look to your left for your answer....

And I didn't say I was going to burn a flag... I said it's not wrong... And any true American who follows the ideals of the Constitution would agree....

I'm not going to burn an American flag... I have no reason to... hell I don't even have an American flag, that I know of... [/B][/QUOTE]

-_-;;

so there nothing wrong at all about burning the american flag?
isnt there a law againts that? with all the dumb laws burning the flag isnt in there? looks like i learned something new today.

James: Interpertation? :o :o

[B]

-_-;;

so there nothing wrong at all about burning the american flag?
isnt there a law againts that? with all the dumb laws burning the flag isnt in there? looks like i learned something new today.
[/B][/QUOTE]

There is no law against it.... The Supreme Court deemed it CONSTITUTIONAL.... it's freedom of expression.... It would be unconstitutional to say it's wrong, or to arrest/harm a person who is. Which wouldn't be very American....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

I would disagree, the palastines and the isreali's have been at war for a long time, BOTH of them are stupid.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]While any terrorists from Palestine can't justify their actions, I don't think they're stupid at all...

They're only defending their territory. Israel keeps taking a little more...little by little...they are effectively trying to "conquer" Palestine.

I think that Israel should pull out of ALL Palestinean areas and give them the opportunity to form their own fully-fledged state.

Israel always comes off as the victim of terror...but in many ways, they are only reaping what they have sewn.[/color]

[B]Americans are just too ignorant to accept the ideals of anything NOT capitalist.... even Osama Bin Laden, who apparently hates Capitalism, gained over 60 million dollars in capitalist acts like investing and all that.... he contradicts his own beliefs....

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with burning an American flag.... hell, even in the US, Flag Burning IS constitutional.... Freedom of expression, and they, the Palestinians, have that too, and they are exploiting it... anyone who sees that as wrong, obviously isn't a true American because if you were a true American you would respect freedom of expression.... whether it be done in Palestine or in your neighbor's yeard.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, I havent read past this statement yet because I was so appaled and disgusted when i read this. I cant believe an AMERICAN would say that. I dont care if another country wants to burn our flag. Thats understandable because enemies asre going to hate each other. But for an american say its okay for an american to burn their OWN flag. Thats ludicris and absurd.

And A true american isnt if he thinks flag burning is wrong? Thats probably the most ignorant thing I have heard you say in my entire time i have known you. I did have respect for you but I just lost every bit off it. Thats like you burning your house down cause you dont like your moms idea own things. thats like spitting in your own families face cause you disagree on an issue. Thats like stabbing your brother in the back cause he made you mad.

My god, your obviously not the true american here. Burning your own countries flag is the most dispicable thing i can think of. I hope you dont get drafted in a war, I would be terrified to fight with you for being afraid you would just shoot me and join the otherside. This is your country, you where born here (unless you arent and i didnt know that) Where is your patriotism. In the days if A knight burned his kings crest in prtest what would tyhe response be?

Yes its constitutional. It shouldnt be but they allow it since it is a version of freedom of speech. Anyone who supports burning their own counrties flag is not a true amercian and dont need to be here voting and doing other things.

Thats ridiculous. Im sick right now. My god, burning your own flag.......Like Bush said, your either with us or against us....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B]

Sorry, I havent read past this statement yet because I was so appaled and disgusted when i read this. I cant believe an AMERICAN would say that. I dont care if another country wants to burn our flag. Thats understandable because enemies asre going to hate each other. But for an american say its okay for an american to burn their OWN flag. Thats ludicris and absurd.

And A true american isnt if he thinks flag burning is wrong? Thats probably the most ignorant thing I have heard you say in my entire time i have known you. I did have respect for you but I just lost every bit off it. Thats like you burning your house down cause you dont like your moms idea own things. thats like spitting in your own families face cause you disagree on an issue. Thats like stabbing your brother in the back cause he made you mad.

My god, your obviously not the true american here. Burning your own countries flag is the most dispicable thing i can think of. I hope you dont get drafted in a war, I would be terrified to fight with you for being afraid you would just shoot me and join the otherside. This is your country, you where born here (unless you arent and i didnt know that) Where is your patriotism. In the days if A knight burned his kings crest in prtest what would tyhe response be?

Yes its constitutional. It shouldnt be but they allow it since it is a version of freedom of speech. Anyone who supports burning their own counrties flag is not a true amercian and dont need to be here voting and doing other things.

Thats ridiculous. Im sick right now. My god, burning your own flag.......Like Bush said, your either with us or against us.... [/B][/QUOTE]

God you people just don't get it...

LEGALLY it's NOT wrong.... MORALLY to an American it is wrong... THATS what I meant.....

Put it this way, most things I say come from a legal stand point, not a political or moral stand point....

I can understand where you got the wrong idea... I won't burn the American, I don't support it morally, what I was saying is it's not wrong LEGALLY.... As in there's nothing you can do about it but be appauled or sickened.... I didn't mean that I would burn a flag, did I say that? No.... Did I say I support burning of the flag? No.... I said specifically... it's NOT WRONG... and that is meant from a legal standpoint....

And I'm neither with you or against you.... I'm against terrorism and violence in a whole.... if being with you supports war, then I'm not with you... but i'm not against you, because I don't support terrorism.... I'm the switzerland here.... I stay neutral most of the time... esspecially when war and violence is the subject.... But i support the US and the people willing to fight, I just won't be fighting myself cause I'm against warfare.... but if you feel the need to die for your country, do it... thats your choice... not mine...

As said in the movie Patton: "The object of war is not to die for your country.... it's to make the other bastard die for his"

Here is my take, since My husband is leaving to defend this country..I hate the fact that we have been fighting every one else's wars...we in turn as a country have given these demons the ammo to do stuff like this...and it's a shame that innocent people get caught up in BS and have to give their lives to be free.
I avidly studied a lot of religions, including Islam and the Koran, and what these bastards did had nothing to do with a religion that so emphasizes peace and morality in a whole...

[B]

God you people just don't get it...

LEGALLY it's NOT wrong.... MORALLY to an American it is wrong... THATS what I meant.....

Put it this way, most things I say come from a legal stand point, not a political or moral stand point....

I can understand where you got the wrong idea... I won't burn the American, I don't support it morally, what I was saying is it's not wrong LEGALLY.... As in there's nothing you can do about it but be appauled or sickened.... I didn't mean that I would burn a flag, did I say that? No.... Did I say I support burning of the flag? No.... I said specifically... it's NOT WRONG... and that is meant from a legal standpoint....

And I'm neither with you or against you.... I'm against terrorism and violence in a whole.... if being with you supports war, then I'm not with you... but i'm not against you, because I don't support terrorism.... I'm the switzerland here.... I stay neutral most of the time... esspecially when war and violence is the subject.... But i support the US and the people willing to fight, I just won't be fighting myself cause I'm against warfare.... but if you feel the need to die for your country, do it... thats your choice... not mine...

As said in the movie Patton: "The object of war is not to die for your country.... it's to make the other bastard die for his" [/B][/QUOTE]

My apologies. I see now what you meant. I had just been listening to some guy trying to justify it earlier that day and I was already mad. Yes based on our constitution you can burn a flag. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I usually screw up everything anyway.

Today, I was listening to keven miller and he was talking to some leader of an organization whos saying its not right to force people to say the pledge of alligiance. Well, I disagree with that. NO they shouldnt be forced to if there not from this country or are of other nationality. But anyone who is an amwerican should want to sday it let alone be forced to. If you dont pledge aligiance to our flag, what do you pledge allligiance to? IF you dopnt pledge alligiance to us that means your not part of us, then why our these people here voting and carrying out other things.

He said we shouldnt idolize thingas and pledge to flags or other objects. Then he tried to justify flag burning as something like when the KKK burns a cross, then he got al stutter mouthed. One guy called in and pointed out the next line after the first to show we are not idolizing the flag and pledging to an idol.

That is:

I pledge of alligiance to the flag of the United States of America,
[b]And to the Republic of which it stands,[/b]

Like I said, if you dont pledge alligiance to us, why are you here doing things only american citizens can do. In world war two. Americans volunteering at the start of the war to fly in the Royal Airforce, had to pledge alligiance to the king. If you dont pledge alligiance to a country your not part of it.

[B]

My apologies. I see now what you meant. I had just been listening to some guy trying to justify it earlier that day and I was already mad. Yes based on our constitution you can burn a flag. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I usually screw up everything anyway.

Today, I was listening to keven miller and he was talking to some leader of an organization whos saying its not right to force people to say the pledge of alligiance. Well, I disagree with that. NO they shouldnt be forced to if there not from this country or are of other nationality. But anyone who is an amwerican should want to sday it let alone be forced to. If you dont pledge aligiance to our flag, what do you pledge allligiance to? IF you dopnt pledge alligiance to us that means your not part of us, then why our these people here voting and carrying out other things.

He said we shouldnt idolize thingas and pledge to flags or other objects. Then he tried to justify flag burning as something like when the KKK burns a cross, then he got al stutter mouthed. One guy called in and pointed out the next line after the first to show we are not idolizing the flag and pledging to an idol.

That is:

I pledge of alligiance to the flag of the United States of America,
[b]And to the Republic of which it stands,[/b]

Like I said, if you dont pledge alligiance to us, why are you here doing things only american citizens can do. In world war two. Americans volunteering at the start of the war to fly in the Royal Airforce, had to pledge alligiance to the king. If you dont pledge alligiance to a country your not part of it. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, you don't always screw things up.... you misunderstood what I was meaning... which is because the sentence structure and choice of words that I used led you to believe that.

Anyway, I don't think people need to say the Pledge of Alliegance to proove their alliegance to the US... I said it when I was in school, but like, there are other ways to do it... I think all those who helped the firemen and police officers in the WTC stuff prooved their alliegance... all the people who gave blood prooved their alliegance... but yeah... you know what I mean, I hope...

[B]Yeah, i understand you. I just think its something an american shouldnt have a problem saying. When they say it offends them or something like that , thats what I have the problem with. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yea i agree with you Seifer.