OtakuBoards

Hajime no Ippo [Fighting Spirit]

Sephiroth

Has anyone watched this anime yet? I have currently watched up to episode 25 and have but one thing to say

Awesome!

This is easily in my fave top 10 anime and I'll let you know I have watched many :P

The animation and music is top notch, as are the characters, the fighting is great also

I must admit I had my doubts about this when I heard it was an anime based on boxing, but after watching it all I can do is give it 2 thumbs up :)

What do you guys think of it?

I have seen about 5 minutes of it at a friends house. He was flipping threw the channels then saw something about it and said, "what a weird name" he watched it for a couple minutes then switched the channel. I was kind of amazing on how good the animation was. It probably has the best animation I have ever seen. the best I have ever seen.

I've heard of it. I read something about it and they said it was like an awsome anime. It was about like a young high school kid who was a bit of a dork and was always being bullied and this boxer starts too help him. It seems kinda cool.

• 2 years later...
Guest trunkssj6
I'm extremely curious. Who here has ever seen the anime [U]Hajime no Ippo[/U]?

For those of you who have seen it, is it not the single best storyline you've ever seen? And for those of you who are unlucky enough to have not seen it yet, please go check it out.

Honestly, this anime is the single greatest anime I've ever seen. I'm not expecting everone to agree with me, but I've seen [U]a lot[/U] of anime in my days, and this by far surpasses all of them.

This is the only anime that has ever brought me to tears. *cough* You never heard that. Seriously, it takes a lot to work someone like me up, ask anyone who knows me. I can not explain the way this anime makes you feel. You get so absorbed into the storyline, that you react as if it were yourself.

****, enough rambling. I'm just trying to spread to word about an unknown, underappreciated, truly great anime that's out there and waiting for someone like you to pick it up.

The name again? [U]Hajime no Ippo[/U].

Have a good day folks.

P.S. - I plan on writing a review for this series in the near future. Just as soon as I finish it for the third time XD, so please respond. I appreciate it.

Guest deecrosser
The first time I saw it was like two in the morning, it inspired me to read the manga and find out more about Ippo.

Yeah, I've seen this anime. Here in the Philippines, the show was renamed, "Knock Out!".

Honestly, I'm no boxing fan. Yet somehow, this show actually got me hooked. I grew to love the story and the characters.

I didn't get a chance to see the later episodes of the series due to changes in the schedule. However, I did get a chance to see the final 3 episodes.

All in all, I can really say that this series was great and worth one's time.

• 5 months later...
I just finished this series and its two specials overall it was a decent series it won't appeal to many fans but it may hit the spot for some boxing fans. The only thing that left me feeling a little dissapointed here was that [spoiler]Miyata and Ippo never got around to their main fight after all that build up.[/spoiler]

The animation is on par with stuff that came out in the mid to late 90's nothing too special there that I saw. The only real problem I had was them talking of powering up every time he got stronger and calling the different punches special attacks or finishing moves. Once you look past that and the fact that he was getting bullied yet Ippo was [spoiler]all ready ripped (fully muscled) all that work on the fishing boat I guess[/spoiler] then there is a decent story.

• 4 weeks later...
Man I?ve been waiting to see this thread. I also fell in love with this anime. Like I was saying in the sport anime thread, I have never seen such attention to detail as I have in this anime. I'm glad to know that there are other people who have seen this. I really wish people would go out and at least get the first volume cause even that one is action packed?? and he?s only sparing. I also love how it doesn?t all just revolve around Ippo. I liked watching [spoiler]the scenes where his rival was struggling to win fights and he finally realized what is was like to be in Ippo?s shoes.[/spoiler] This anime is second in my all time favorite anime.

• 2 years later...
I'm generally not into the sports genre when it comes to anime, let alone boxing. But since I'm a fan of the UFC and MMA, I thought I'd give this a shot and see what's so special about it.

I've only seen the first episode so far and I am impressed. Real impressed. Can't help but say that I want to see this dubbed since I really can't stand the thought of trying to read subtitles while trying to watch a fight.

I noticed at ANN that Madhouse is behind the animation, and it shows, sorta. Characters look similar to the characters in Trigun. (Character models) That's one of the reasons why I was not willing to check it out. The old look made it seem like all the fighting will be on the corny side. Think Batman: TAS type corny fighting. But when it comes to the actual fights and whatnot. The movement is nice and crisp, and the blows are smooth and, like boxing, you can sort of feel/see the intensity/force behind each punch. (KO) This is the kind of animation I've been wanting to see in my sword fights dangit. (I'm looking at you Bleach animators)

I'm not going to say I'm hooked just yet, but I will continue to watch this since that first episode was really interesting. I thought I was going to hate it because of the main character not having a backbone to do anything.