Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I just thought of a good, emotionaly disturbing anime. I watched X the movie again today, its been about a year since I last watched it.

In my veiw, X is a very disturbing anime. Not just because of the graphic imagery, but mainly because of the problem Kamui had to face. [spoiler]I mean he went back to Tokyo to protect his best friends, but in the end he couldn't keep them both from being killed. [/spoiler]
Posted
Everybody pretty much said the most disturbing Anime's that I have seen. The end of Evangelion was boring in desturbing in a freaky way.

And Perfect Blue...whoever likes that movie and does not find it desturbing has some serious issues.
Posted
I must be screwed up somethin' fierce. I've seen Boogie Pop Phantom, and FLCL, and both Ninja Scroll and Ninja Resurrection. I OWN all 6 volumes of Excel Saga, yet none of those disturbed me...ok, I lied, Shioji from Excel Saga does scare me. But aside from that I haven't found anything that has truly disturbed me.

Any suggestions for something to cure this condition?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jim_Hawking [/i]
[B] Any suggestions for something to cure this condition? [/B][/QUOTE]

Watch Excel Saga again lol!!!! Hmm possibly Hellsing might disturb some people. Its basically about a bunch of vampires just killing people for fun and usually turn the people into ghoules(sp?). And this one vampire called Alucard kills the low life type of vampires by being part of the organization Hellsing that has a leader called Integral. It didnt disturb me, but it has a lot of blood/gore in it. Plus its a really good anime that got cut short (only 13 episodes long), but still its a pretty gruesome anime. Hopefully there will be a second series to it.

Does anyone know if Puni Puni Poemy is any good like is it better than Excel Saga???
Posted
Oh, you want a gore anime, huh? Try watchin Guyver: Outta Control. Nuthin like the kiddie version Guyver: Biobooster Armor. Lotsa naked things and people being eaten alive and things cvlawing their way out from inside of people. Ewww. Come to think of it it was pretty freaky for an thirteen year old...
Posted
Anime movie- Akira- I must've watched Akira when i was like 7 and it disturbed me a lot. I was emotionally depressed for quite a long time.

Anime- Excel Saga- How this imsane of an anime aver existed is beyond me but i LOVE it!!! Episode 26 *shudders* well.....umm...you know....yeah.
Posted
Akira wasn't that disturbing too me, but after watching it, i questioned life for about 2 minutes. Then i started too watch the South Park movie. :D
Posted
I think the only one that actually disturbed me was Akira. Now I think it's great, but the first time I saw it the ending was just gross and disturbed me. I'd like to say that FLCL is an awsome show. Very weird and different, but not disturbing in my opinion.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]Blood Reign was a was a two OAV sereis i saw on the action channel that was pretty disturbing. [/B][/QUOTE]
Thats my favorite anime of all time. *remembers when was a newbie and spoke of it often*

The most disturbing thing i can think of is those two short films on the animatrix. The second Renaissance 1&2. That is very disturbing.

Or in Argentosoma, when Ryu is cowering in his room wrapped in a blanket. He is such a cool quiet type that when he does that it just catches you off gaurd. You're like,whoa! he has emotions after all.
Posted
I don't know... I've seen most of the animes listed up here, but after I watched EoE, they really didn't disturb me or surprise me as much o_o;;
Posted
Has anyone read the first Cowboy Bebop manga? Where that might not be anime, one of the comics did disturb.

As for really disturbing, Betterman has had it's points where it is either fairly scary or just disturbing. Otherwise, anime dosen't bother me. Except Evangelion, especially the later episodes.
Posted
I hadn't seen the matrix when i watched the animatrix and yes is was very confusing. A nother anime that creeps me out is utena and fake. They are both bio shows and one of the covers for utena is just:shivers:creepy.
Posted
Hehe.. In my opinion, and apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic anime is quite freaky.. I'll list off a few and give explainations why..

[b]Blue Sub 6[/b]-- Just seeing the world covered in the water and all of the freaky monsters was quite disturbing. Especially considering I was, what, 9 when I saw it.. And in the end it wasn't exactly a happy ending either.. They sort of left it open, from what I remember, to give the viewer the space to imagine how it all ends.. >_< Either that or I entirely forgot parts of the series..

[b]FLCL and Excel Saga[/b]-- Uh... They're just nice and weird. I really enjoy these two anime, but they're not entirely.. How should I put this...? Sane. That's not a bad thing though.

[b]The Big O 2-- Episode 1[/b]-- By the end of the episode I was just staring at my TV and just said "Wait.. What happened?" Seeing the almighty Roger Smith as a homeless guy was really weird.. But all the symbolism and stuff confoozled me..

[b]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/b]-- It's pretty much 10 years or so from now (I'm to tired to be exact) and the world is pretty much doomed... And all the characters going insane in the end was somewhat confusing.. And then End of Evangelion.. *shudders* That was just depressing...

Well, those are the ones I've seen..
Posted
My dad acutally found Aeon Flux in a rental store. OMG, I thought it was only disturbing cause I was little. I was so wrong. I watched the commercials on it before the show even started. I still can't get it outta my head. The way it's drawn is just so weird!! It's like Reign only worse... *curls up into ball*
Posted
well, its not an anime, but, has anyone ever seen the old version of the fly? well, now that i think bout it....its wouldnt be freaky now, but, when your 10, it is.....
oh, ewww, (not another anime) but, when i was 3 or 4, i saw the startreck movie with gengis khan.....the pincher bug scene...(shudders...) never again!!!
Posted
[color=green]*Tries to remember what the movie was called* I believe it was..Mermaid's Scar, but I could be wrong. That movie was just plain eerie. Profane language, err..some nudity, and lots of violence.--

I wouldn't see it if you don't like gore, evil children, occult, etc..[/color]
Posted
hmm i guess for this the most disturbing anime i've ever seen is Reign. thats just wrong. whats up wit that show anyways. god that is realy stupid,freaky,wrong,not even right gay, lets put it this way its a lot worse that disturbing its a disgrace if ya ask me. *gets the shivers just thinkin bout it*.grose!

I would have to say the FLCL is pretty wierd and freaky, but its also funny to at the same time though. ok. i'm goin to shut up now.*runs into a wall*l8ta.pz out.

oh ya, and if ya have a problem wit what i said bout Reign you can personally take it up wit me or either pm me.
sorry if i freaked ya out but i'm not kiddin.;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...