Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Has anyone seen this show. It's only showed the first episode. Eppy 2 will be shown next tuesday.. So who likes it?
Posted
Looks incredibly stupid to me, but I've not watched it.

I generally don't watch TV shows where the main kid is supposedly a teenager, but could easily pass for thirty years old.
Posted
I happen to live in OC and find it horrible....
OC is nothing like that!
There are no ghetto looking places like that anywhere in ORange County!
They kinda got the look of Newport but not the attitude. His wife would never have let that kid in her house in a million years!!

i think this show is terrible and is giving everyone this horrible image of what it really is like to live in OC
Posted
The OC sucked it was the worst show I have ever seen. It was a Different Strokes for our generation, only different was it had a likeable character....I hate Gerry Colman; I'm a Webster fan myself.

Hey Celebrity death match fight Gerry vs. Web
Guest spiderham
Posted
the oc was a pretty good show wat du u mean it was the deffrent strokes for our generation?
Posted
Well atleast they aint showing all snots in OC... the good people too.! soo booyah (Im not sure if OC has that many snots, but maybe)
Posted
It's a rip-off of different strokes come on a kid from a bad neiborhood moves in with some rich people. The show was interesting and all but it won't even last 1 season.
Posted
I thnik it needs a midgit they always make shows better look at jackass. I guess your right Different Strokes didn't have sex or drug at least I hope not.
Posted
Oc does have alot of snobs... In Newport Beach where it takes place is one of the largest spots... then theres Nellie Gail up by where I live.. ::sigh:: I've had to put up with them all my life...

Another thing I didnt like.... they wouldnt have a freaking fashion show to raise money for a school.... and they wouldnt be arguing over who ware Calvin Klein and wore Vera Wang... that was stupid!
Posted
Man, there are some crappy posts in here.

Anyway, I don't see why they wouldn't act like this. Hell I don't even live in a rich area, and people do that sort of crap around here. Just because you aren't part of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It becomes more obvious when you get older.

I got stuck watching this because I wanted to watch TV and nothing else was on. It's surprisingly good. It really kills me to admit that.
Posted
I think that show should be on in the morning with the other soap operas. I don't mind watching really trashy television, but I couldn't handle this one. There has to be some redeeming value. Uck!
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]*Walks happily into thread. Sees most people hate the show. Frowns*

Well, I've caught the first two episodes and I'm addicted already. It's the new show that I've been waiting to come out. There is so much crap on TV nowadays, but this one has reeled me in. Who cares if it's not true to life? It's still really well done and hey, I'm always a sucker for a good love story. I can't wait to see how things turn out next week since in the previews it looks like he's going to be seeing his mom. I'm nervous... ^_^;[/color][/size]
Posted
I missed the first half n hour of the second episode,,, but they last 30 mins was good! w00t! yeah his mom. but sadly I read something on a website for episode 6 and [spoiler]ryan is adopted by sandy and his family[/spoiler] yup
Guest G_Man08
Posted
I saw the first episode on tuesday but missed the second so i will watch it on monday then tuesday for the third episode. I thought it was pretty and i dont kno wut the **** everybody is talking about that it is like different strokes except this has sex and drugs.
What is the deal?:stupid:
Posted
I was actually going to go to Newport today... heh....
It really ticked me off that they totally killed what Orange County is really like...
Just so all of you know its nothing like that...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Last night was my favorite episode so far. The tension was so thick you could slice it with a knife. I just wish Marissa would hurry up and choose Ryan before I have to stab Luke in the eye with a spoon. I don't like Luke. He looks like a big buffoon with his squared off face. But Ryan is beautiful. He has those boyish looks and the sweeping hair and the deep blue eyes...gah, no wonder Marissa fell for him so fast.

So what do you think is going to happen to Marissa's father? I'm a little bit scared myself...[/color][/size]
Posted
I always laugh when they showed that commercial where she's like "I'm 16!!". Yeah right. You look older than I do, and I look young for my age.

Yesterday's was good. Seeing the preview for the next one kind of makes me worried that the show might take a turn for the worse, though.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I always laugh when they showed that commercial where she's like "I'm 16!!". Yeah right. You look older than I do, and I look young for my age.

Yesterday's was good. Seeing the preview for the next one kind of makes me worried that the show might take a turn for the worse, though. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I always laughed at that, too. You'd think they were college students. I have a sister who is 16 and she doesn't look that old. I wonder how old the chic that plays Marissa really is.

I hope things don't turn out bad. But of course, it's all these evil twists that make you so darn addicted to the show.

Like that Anna chic, she just SHOWS up. But she's perfect for Seth, right?[/color][/size]
Posted
Wait a minute... I thought the characters in that show were supposed to be in their 20s. I only saw the commercials, so I had no idea they were supposed to be teenagers. I've never seen a group of teens look that old in my life.
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Last night's episode was the most annoying one that I've seen so far. The guy with the gun just RUINED everything, didn't he? Everything that Marissa and Ryan ALMOST had inside the pool house. It's Seth's fault, too, stupid Seth...

I was getting pretty mad at Julie considering divorcing her husband. She acts like she's the victim, but he tried to tell her on numerous ocassions about the money problems. All she cared about was ponies and tennis lessons. I think though, that she has some sense talked into her by whatever her name is (Sandy's wife/Seth's mom). Anywho...C'mon Tony, I know you're the only one who's going to comment.[/color][/size]
Posted
I missed it last night. I saw the first five minutes and then had to go do something else.

However, I was turned off by the previews to this episode... I knew that guy with the gun would just add an aspect to the show that I just don't think it needs. It doesn't need horrible, life threatening scenes to work. I hope they realize this, but I doubt they will.
Posted
Yeah. I hate the way Julie is all stuck up and wanting to divorce her husband. I also think that Ryan and Marissa should stop stalling and admit their feelings for each other. But it was was funny when the guy at the party said, "Dude, somebody's Range Rover just got demo'd." Hee Hee.
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]I can't believe what happened to the Rover. I was pretty pissed about that.

It wasn't really a life threatening situation, Semmie. He only got shot in the arm and they guy was only trying to "Live life!" C'mon now! Heh...[/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...