Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've started to box recently, boxing is something I have loved for a long time and it's only just recently that I've really gotten into it by deciding to become a boxer myself. I've already decided on what style and what type of boxer I want to become.

I will become an In-Fighter and will be adept at the Pee-Ka-Boo style of boxing as sometimes used by former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson. (Before any of you grill me about Hajime No Ippo I decided on this before I watched it lol)

I've been going for regular jogs, doing my exercises and roadwork, also been spending a lot of time at the boxing gym run by a decent coach.

I've decided to make a career out of boxing though, you have no idea how much I enjoy it, I can even handle the diet restrictions, cutting down smoking, etc.

When checking with my weight and seeing what class I would be classed under, I found out I would be under the heavyweight class (talk about being there with the big boys lol) which is ok with me, but I may put some thought into losing weight and becoming a middleweight boxer.

I am totally 100% committed to being a boxer, hopefully maybe you guys will see my debut match on TV one day :)
Posted
[color=002E55]One heck of a strange career change/decision you've made there mate, but all the best to you in your pursuits, just don't get yourself hurt or anything. :)[/color]
Posted
Well that's an interesting thing to take up. I think that you could be able to beat heavyweight boxers. I hope you go far in your career, and good luck to you.
Guest Crimson Spider
Posted
If Vanila Ice can do it, I guess you can too.;
Guest Forbidden One
Posted
[color=blue]That's an interesting career decision you've made there but if your heart is fully commited to it. Then who am I or anyone else to trash your dreams. Good luck, and just remember, "Float like a Butterfly, Sting like a Bee!" And if that fails to work just bite them on the ear...^_^;[/color]
Posted
Just make sure to tell us when your fighting your debut, wouldn't want to miss that one for the world. Hey, one way of getting your career off the ground is to box in the Olympics. Then if you win you're just one step away from the big time. Of course you don't need that, I just thought it would be an interesting idea ^_^.

"Yo, Aidrean!!! I did it!!"
Posted
[color=indigo]Good luck Seph, boxing takes a lot of commitment, determination, and hard work. I took instruction for several months at my old YMCA (more to stay in shape then for competiton) and I thought it was really fun and insanely challenging, unfortunatly my work schedule conflicted with the classes to much. Again, best of luck.[/color]
Posted
[size=1] I say do what you love, and do it. Nothing more nothing less.

So go you, then, in this case.

But when I read the title, I was all, you're a box? Cardboard? Eh.

I get weird thoughts from thread titles.[/size]
Posted
Lol Mitch! So what's going to be your theme song, Seph? One Winged Angel? Gotta have a good theme song for a good boxer. Don't forget to wave to all of us here at OB when you win your TV fights! We'll be watching...
Posted
Haha, wow. Boxing has always been a passion of mine also. I've just never taken it up. Though, my brother did want to for a time...

God be with you. :)

-Justin
Posted
If boxing is what you are pursuing then best of luck to you... It's a real challenging sport, but you sound like you're strongly committed to achieving the goals you've set for yourself.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...