OtakuBoards

Cloning

Turkey

What do you think of it?

I believe that it should only be used for 2 things:
1.To multiply species that are dangerously low (12 or less).

2.If there is an animal with poison that can cure a dangerous disease, but there are not enough to cure everyone, cloning could be helpful.

CLoning may be helpful in some areas but it should not even be experimented with. Just think of the horros of someone like RUssia getting ahold of this ability to make an army of cloned human soldiers.

Yes we may not intendt to do that but look what the atomic atom project turned into. They where just trying to learn about atoms and find a new energy source. A good thing turned into a thing that is one of the most threatining things to this day. Cloning is right up there.

Then, cloning is practically trying to become god like. We are not meant to clone. God created people, we are not gods. Once one clones and we advance it even more people will start thinking we are god like. That will only cause further problems and perhaps anger God.

Like I said though, even though it can be used for good things, the evil in it is to much to bear......

[b]But God created all from nothing, and we create stuff from God's stuff.
So, basically, no matter how good we are at playing God, we're nothing compared to Him Himself (I'm not saying God's a male btw)
In fact, the only thing we can create without the help of God is lies. ;)
I think it's cruel. Doctors were thinking of cloning every human on Earth, so that if we need an organ transplant, we'd just rip it out of the clone. So suddenly, you've killed a life for a life..not right..[/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B]CLoning may be helpful in some areas but it should not even be experimented with. Just think of the horros of someone like RUssia getting ahold of this ability to make an army of cloned human soldiers.

Yes we may not intendt to do that but look what the atomic atom project turned into. They where just trying to learn about atoms and find a new energy source. A good thing turned into a thing that is one of the most threatining things to this day. Cloning is right up there.

Then, cloning is practically trying to become god like. We are not meant to clone. God created people, we are not gods. Once one clones and we advance it even more people will start thinking we are god like. That will only cause further problems and perhaps anger God.

Like I said though, even though it can be used for good things, the evil in it is to much to bear...... [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you. Who know if the clone will come out as you expect it to be or it turn into something else that beyond your control.

Yeah, and what about the people who are cloned. Can we tell if they have a consience?(sp?) What is it like for them? What if they do and in the early stages of cloning they have to go through life in pain as a disfigured pile of goo. Its just wrong we should try to do the things only meant to be done by god. Its not our place to make or clone humans or animals. God will supply us.

And just on a side note about what youm said about you not saying god was specificaly a he. What about in Genisis when it says god made man in his own image, adam. Plus theres numorous other scriptures that prove it.

[b]Number 1:
I never said God wasn't a he, I said he just necessarily not definitely a he.
Number 2:
I'm a Muslim, and I believe that a lot of what the present-day Bible says is altered about, so it might not be the same.
Number 3:
making us in his image, doesn't always mean actual physical appearance. It could just mean we have free-will and not instinct. We have choice.
Number 4:
I'm too tired to argue right now, it's my weekend, and it's almost 1AM
Number 5:
I don't want to clot this topic up with unrelated SPAM ;)[/b]

Cloning is just wrong!! Like Seifer said, that would be acting like God, and acting like God would be saying that you are a God, and saying that you are God says that you don't believe in him! Plus human cloning is barbaric, just to clone someone to rip their heart right outta them, and how do we know that we are killing the real person not the clone. ( not that that really matters a life is a life...) We should leave God's stuff to himself!! Also cloning could just piss off the clone's and they would gang up and take over the world and kill all the real people....or maybe I have a bit of imagination, but still back to my point. Any type of cloning is wrong! We don't know what they are like, and they may be like robot's w/ no emotion or they may have alot of emotions. Hell for all we know they be horribly mutated, or have super powers, or only have a life expectensy of like 3 days!! Thats my thought

Im not trying to argue with you AJ2k1 im just stateing that. If your a muslim you are tought from the coran right? So are idea on things is naturally going to be different and thats fine. I may seem a little impossing on my statements but im not trying to be.

I dont beleive the present day bble is altered though because in the scripture it says that god will preserve his word. I hate how I can not give the versus to these right off the top of my head like i should but if anyone wants them i will be happy to look them up. You may disagree with that statement and thats fine too. We are of two different religoun so naturally we will have different views.

Most of us all do believe there is a God right?

And sorry, i did not intend to spam or anthing either.

Back to cloning, it might be okay or considerable if there wasnt that chance of evil but like i said its just to great a risk.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]Um....What I meant to say with my post was that cloning could be used to avoid extinction of some animals and to stop some diseases. Then again, people will probably use it for war...Fools... [/B][/QUOTE]

The problem is you don't know the outcome of cloning. If any of you watch Jarrastic Park, you see the problem with cloning dinasour.

[B]Then again, people will probably use it for war...Fools... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]That's what Star Wars Episode II is based on...[i]Attack of the Clones[/i] (horribly cheesy title if you ask me :rolleyes: ) but it has to do with the Empire cloning soldiers to fight their war for them...[/color]

I dunno now-a-days... there are pros and cons to cloning of humans... animals might be good... like for endagered species... but humans... not only would it create more stupid people, but you could clone for war, as stated, and then you'd create more racism.... Real people would act against clones... much like how the movie AI went and how the plot of X-Men goes.... it'll just create tension betwen clones and the real people...

[B]What do you think of it?

2.If there is an animal with poison that can cure a dangerous disease, but there are not enough to cure everyone, cloning could be helpful. [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]I'm not too worried currently about another "me" walking around right now. No one has ever successfully cloned a human yet. I think it should only be used for scientific purposes only, and only to help mankind and nature, nothing else.[/SIZE]

[B]What do you think of it?

2.If there is an animal with poison that can cure a dangerous disease, but there are not enough to cure everyone, cloning could be helpful. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]A lot of people don't really understand what cloning and cloning research is all about.

And that annoys me. A lot of people instantly say "Oh no, you shouldn't play God...blah blah blah", but the truth is, they don't really understand how it all works or what it's for.

I don't believe that we should be cloning entire human beings -- it limits the gene pool and ultimately doesn't allow mankind to evolve.

However, genetic research is [i]incredibly[/i] important to our future.

With things like stem-cell research, we'll be able to wipe out some of the biggest diseases in the world.

We'll also be able to find ways of correcting certain genetic defects.

Also, say you need a heart transplant. The donor lists are always so long...you could die before you get a heart. And even when you get a heart, your body might reject it.

But with genetic research, we'll eventually be able to clone your own heart and grow a whole new heart in a laboritory...

Just imagine being 60 years old...and having the heart of a 20 year old.

There are so many great things that can come out of genetics.

But of course, like anything, if it's put in the wrong hands...it can be dangerous. So we should stop those negative things from happening, but at the same time make sure that we don't stupidly block beneficial research.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=darkblue]A lot of people don't really understand what cloning and cloning research is all about.

And that annoys me. A lot of people instantly say "Oh no, you shouldn't play God...blah blah blah", but the truth is, they don't really understand how it all works or what it's for.

I don't believe that we should be cloning entire human beings -- it limits the gene pool and ultimately doesn't allow mankind to evolve.

However, genetic research is [i]incredibly[/i] important to our future.

With things like stem-cell research, we'll be able to wipe out some of the biggest diseases in the world.

We'll also be able to find ways of correcting certain genetic defects.

Also, say you need a heart transplant. The donor lists are always so long...you could die before you get a heart. And even when you get a heart, your body might reject it.

But with genetic research, we'll eventually be able to clone your own heart and grow a whole new heart in a laboritory...

Just imagine being 60 years old...and having the heart of a 20 year old.

There are so many great things that can come out of genetics.

But of course, like anything, if it's put in the wrong hands...it can be dangerous. So we should stop those negative things from happening, but at the same time make sure that we don't stupidly block beneficial research.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Sure it is good to be 60 years old and have a heart of 20 year old. However, can you garantee that there won't be a negative effect. Even if cloning can help you live longer, but something else will be effected. There are a lot of people on the earth already. Cloning can increase the population. Like Transtic Nerve said, there will racism again the clone.

I agree completely with James. It could undoubtedly be put to good use for organ transplants and such. And all those people who's excuse is "we shouldn't play God," come on, give me a break. Look at our world today, if there even is a God, he's doin a d@mn horrible job. You would let thousands of people die waiting for a transplant, when all we have to do is grow an organ for them, just because you don't want to play God. You know if you were the one needing a transplant, you'd say f*** the play God shmeal, grow me an organ. Also if cloning were even allowed, I would bet there would be extreme rules regulating cloning. Cloning for war and things like that would no doubt be illegal, and no country could even begin cloning for war without someone else bombing their clone site anyway. I would bet the red tape would be immense if you wanted to carry out a human clone.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by piccolo [/i]
[B]

Sure it is good to be 60 years old and have a heart of 20 year old. However, can you garantee that there won't be a negative effect. Even if cloning can help you live longer, but something else will be effected. There are a lot of people on the earth already. Cloning can increase the population. Like Transtic Nerve said, there will racism again the clone. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]Well, as I said, I don't condone cloning an entire human being.

However, I'm also not saying that the technology would necessarily be used to make people live longer...but it could infact be used to improve the quality of life for a person.

I mean, if you had heart disease...a new heart could be grown for you in a lab and given to you...with a lot less risk than using someone else's heart.

Are there risks? Of course. Every surgery/technology has a risk factor. But over time, that risk decreases as the technology gets better.

Moreover, the risk is even less than the transplants that we have now -- which are often fairly high in risk.[/color]

Id like to have a clone buddy. theyed tatto an AK on his head to know that he is just a copy of me. or they could clone a whole body and never teach how to walk talk or read. jus feed it regulary and keep it alive. the thought of being able to live forever. jus keep cloning over and over. *DROOL* jus the thought of that gets me excited. imagine people with missing legs and stuff. or blind folks. as ajk said, whatever we do is with gods help and we wouldnt be playing god cause hes the one giving us the strength to do it. killing a copy of ourselves...hmm its not as bad as it sounds. its not like a mother gave birth and labor to this clone, its jus another part of us in a way, and id give up all my body parts and my left eye to live forever, why not a clones life, wait no scratch that, the clone wont have a life it will live in my closet being fed occasionly.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=darkblue]Well, as I said, I don't condone cloning an entire human being.

However, I'm also not saying that the technology would necessarily be used to make people live longer...but it could infact be used to improve the quality of life for a person.

I mean, if you had heart disease...a new heart could be grown for you in a lab and given to you...with a lot less risk than using someone else's heart.

Are there risks? Of course. Every surgery/technology has a risk factor. But over time, that risk decreases as the technology gets better.

Moreover, the risk is even less than the transplants that we have now -- which are often fairly high in risk.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with you in the heart transplant things. Yes, it would help a lot of people. There is risk in every surgery. We each have own own opinion. In my opinion, I'm again cloning because I don't like dealing with something that we're not sure yet.