OtakuBoards

Ginyu

dbzsuperfan

kinda makes you wonder doesn't it? I'd say it's his, because if it wasn't, that would make one think that he is a mad body hopper, always keeping an eye out for the next, more powerfull body. If that were true, then he would have taken Freiza's when he had his back turned. No, the switch beam seems to me like a last ditch desperation move.

[COLOR=blue] I'm not sure but I think it is his original body. He is supposed to be one of the strongest until Goku comes, so I don't think he would have had to steal some one else's body. But you never know, he may be one of the strongest because he stole that body from some one else. :huh: Good question!!!! It really makes you think.[/COLOR]

The way i see it is that is not Ginyus real body the first time Ginyu and Goku meet. The reason i say this is because Ginyu used the move without hesitation and used it so easily....without breaking a sweat or waiting such a long time to use the "change body" move on Goku. Plus he punched himself in the stomach (not sure if it was somewhere else in the uncut version) basically showing that he kinda mastered the skill/technique. I assume Ginyu probably did it several times before encountering Goku just for the thrill of getting stronger. My only question is....why did Ginyu never think of doing that type of move on Frieza?

[size=1][color=crimson]I see what you mean Front Man. He used the move perfectly so he had to had some practice. I never though of that. Thanks for pointing that out. But who's body would it be? And maybe frieza new that he had that power to switch bodies so he kept his guard up around Ginyu.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aoshi Shinimori [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson]I see what you mean Front Man. He used the move perfectly so he had to had some practice. I never though of that. Thanks for pointing that out. But who's body would it be? And maybe frieza new that he had that power to switch bodies so he kept his guard up around Ginyu.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

True i never did think of that and Frieza probably did know about the move. Frieza probably had all the information about the Ginyu force before they even became partners. Think about it...Frieza was a pretty smart character out of everyone in the Dragonball/Z/GT series. Even if so, like someone mentioned above...why didnt Ginyu just use the move while Frieza had his back turned or something. That would have been one wicked twist if he did that. Oh well i guess we'll never know.

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=skyblue]
Umm Dark Storm, at the time when Ginyu and Goku meet they wasnt any saiya-jin's that transformed into Super Saiya-Jin's But if Ginyu new about how they could like transform and get greatly stronger. Then why didnt he just switch into a saiyan body. But also if some one came along that was stronger than the saiyan, Ginyu most likely would of took their body. For all I know Ginyu might be around 100 or 200 years old.
[/size][/color]

It's impossible to tell how old Ginyu is, could be thousands. And dark storm, by the time Ginyu got to Namek at the request of Frieza, he was more powerful than any namek ever was (that we know of) besides Goku and Vegeta. And brolly, but he's another story. And the reason he didnt steal frieza's body is because he was afraid of frieza, he was so powerful. Or maybe frieza had heard of the technique and figured out a way to block it.

If he has the ability to hop bodies, then there's a good bet that he has done it before.

Maybe he didn't take Freiza's body for one of the following reasons:

1) Changelings can't be switched out of their bodies
2) Freiza specifically can't be switched out of his body
3) The attack takes a long time to work. Freiza could have stepped out of the way of Ginyu before he finished his attack, and then obliterated him
4) Ginyu didn't want Freiza's body, because Freiza is his best employer and if he eliminated Freiza, he eliminates his job.

I'm going with numbers three or four. Or, number five:

5) Toriyama doesn't give a damn about what Ginyu did before the Namek saga, the point is that he can switch bodies and he took Goku's

• 3 weeks later...
Whoa whoa whoa guys.Ill tell you what i think.

WE all know ginyu can switch bodys.But,why would he switch with someone whose on his side?(frieza)I mean krillen wouldnt do that to gohan or anyone who was stronger.If you fight on the same side you wouldnt think that.Also i dont think ginyu is super old.I mean sure he can switch to younger bodies but his mind is all the same he talks/acts and fights like ginyu.So his mind would get older with time.thats what i think at least.One more thing,in order to swap bodies, the swapie has to have his mouth open(goku was stunned as to why ginyu punched his chest open) thus the jaw drop.