Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Is it just me or do older brothers ALWAYS take out their anger on their younger siblings? I think that they do it to build their self esteem, and they're just weak.:toothy: No offense to all the older brothers out there.
Posted
I'm the oldest in my house, sibling wise. There is no "ALWAYS" anything, but it does seem rather common for brothers to do this.

I used to be rather mean to my younger person, but it was mostly a result of how horrible a person she is. I'm being 100% serious too. I've not personally met someone as malicious as her in my lifetime.

I think at some point you grow out of it. I stopped starting stuff with my sister a few years after I became a teenager. If she would start things, I'd argue back.

Eventually it just got to the point where I was like "I don't have time for this ****. I'm not a little kid anymore." If she argues with me, I pay no attention. I don't get into things with her. It's not worth the time. I stick up for my little brothers and my mom, whom she is unnecessarily mean to, but that's about it.

It's mostly just a phase. A really long phase. I found it was best just to be the better person and get past it.
Posted
I used to be like this all the time. I never physically harmed my younger siblings, but I would get into shouting matches on occasion. As I grew up, I've just grown out of it. Unfortunately, my brother and sister fight nearly every day and I end up having to play peacemaker, which isn't a role that I'm really suited for because I have a bad temper which can ignite if I have to deal with too much crap with them (which happens, oftentimes).

My brother, in particular, has been starting a lot of arguments with me lately. He has this very annoying habit and making the most inane arguments and supporting them like his life depended on it with stuff that doesn't make any sense. And when it's obvious that he's wrong, he's throws his hands out and says "No, no, no! I'm right and you're wrong!" I hope he eventually realizes that crap like that really makes you look like a total jackass.
Posted
[color=teal][b]I disagree with you Akuma. Big brothers don't always take out their anger on their younger siblings. In fact, my older brother would never hurt me intentionally. The worst thing he does is tease me or ignore me. :sweat: Actually, it's usually my [i]younger[/i] brother who takes his anger out on me.[/color][/b]
Guest Crimson Spider
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AkumaAoshi [/i]
[B]Is it just me or do older brothers ALWAYS take out their anger on their younger siblings? I think that they do it to build their self esteem, and they're just weak.:toothy: No offense to all the older brothers out there. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it mainly depends on how young the younger brother is. Otherwise, yeah. It's true.

They do not do it to build selfesteem, they are not weak. They would take out their anger on the first thing they can. And since you are usually the first thing, its you.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AkumaAoshi [/i]
[B]Is it just me or do older brothers ALWAYS take out their anger on their younger siblings?[/B][/QUOTE]

My brother was never really angry. If he was, he didn't ever show it. He was always more than nice to me... he and I have a good relationship I'd say.
Posted
Younger children have their share of fun annoying older siblings and instigating arguments. So, I don't think friction among family is a matter of releasing pent-up anger or building self esteem. That's not to say such things [i]never[/i] happen, but based on my experiences alone, sibling rivalry is practically mutual.

I only picked on my brother when we were younger because he annoyed the crap out of me (not literally). It certainly didn't help that we we're close in age, either. But, that's where strong bonds come from. Family and close friends are able to clash to the point where they argue or fight (in a worse case scenario) and come out of the situation best friends, only moments later. My brother and I would have our little battles and it didn't take long for everything to be forgotten. And, I'll tell you this: It may have been all right for me to pick on my brother, but if anyone else tried it, I wouldn't let it fly.

So, I think that most sibling animosity isn't really deep. It's just manufactured by trivial things like competition or jealousy. Once people grow out of childhood, those feelings disappear.
Posted
Well... actually, my older brothers(twins) mostly tease me, BUT if they get really made they will try to beat me up. Normally they just get mad enough to tease me and call me stuff. You just want to get out of there when they have an anger outburst, but I can defend myself, so normally it is no problem.
Posted
My older brother desn't hurt me but he is way to protective, he is like a year older than me and when he was in school and he saw me talking to guys he would freak. And at parties he was always watching over his shoulder to see what I was doing...it gets so annoying ><
Guest dayday
Posted
If my brother doesn't get one little thing his way he'll walk right toward me. I'm serious, if he doesn't get to eat tacos that night. He'll either come after me or go in his room, punch holes in his cloest door, then come after me. If I fight back he'll get madder and say I have an attitude. Then when he's cheerful, he tries to kill me. That's what my mom gets for giving him the truck key. He'll try at like 90 down a hill then slam on brakes right before he gets to the stop. That's why I like to walk everywhere instead of riding with him. He doesn't even have a learner's permit. I'm not going to get myself killed because he's stupid. So I'd rather him get mad at the taco thing.
Posted
0.0 your brother gets mad at not eating tacos when he wants to?
lol, if i was your mom, and he demanded tacos, i would show him the stove, and say be my guest, you can make supper!
Guest yalborap
Posted
I'd whack him over the head with a taco.
Posted
It's not like they don't fight back:devil:


Hehe, I kid. I do fight with my brothers, I never hurt them to the point they have to go to the hospital, but what's the point in fighting if you ain't gonna fight?:smirk:


I never start a fight just because I'm angry. But if I am in a bad mood, and they start annoying me, they may just push me over the "ignore them" edge.

BTW, I am the oldest of 5 boys ;)
Posted
I'm the oldest child in our family, and I have to put up with five other younger brothers and sisters. I get very angry when it comes to arguing over something [i]I[/i] think is right, and they don't.

I dodn't hit my sisters, but I argue with them. As with my brothers, if they want to fight, bring it on. I usually get into punch-ups with my brothers, a few have been severe, but they're usually just to win over something. Once someone gets hurt, the winner is clear that he has won, and the loser walks away. :drunk:

It's a common, everyday thing in this household.
Guest dayday
Posted
The only thing he can make is cereal and a PB&J. I had to make him dinner once cause my mom said so. The instructions are on the box and he still burns everything.
Posted
[color=blood red][size=1][i]I think its wierd how we do that. I think its just a reaction. I mean look at it this way. Your angry, and you see your brother, and he wont stop bugging you, so of course you are going to get angry easier, because you already were angry, so you take it out on him.[/color][/size][/i]
Posted
hmm...Well I don't have an older brother anymore but I do have two older sisters.I never fight w/the oldest one but the middle one and I have our squabbles. They aren't like horrible yelling scratching running arguements.They're mainly fun little teasing arguements.My cousin is like a big bro to me though. We don't really fight and he always sticks up for me.He's closer to my age than my sisters so I guess that could have to do with some of it.
Guest pantalaimon
Posted
Hey i feel so lucky before i was unhappy i was the oldest in my family but now i would hate havin an older bruv or sis.
Posted
Well I have two older brothers and the only time they beat me up is when I ask for it. They play fight sometimes but never enough to hurt me cause they'd get in trouble. So big bros aren't ALWAYS mean. They won't normally spring on you inless you do anything to them but, all humans do that. :) I miss my big bro when hes at college *sniff*:bawl:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...