OtakuBoards

SSJGoten...

James

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]I'm typing this at nearly 2:30am...so I hope that this post is coherant.

I wanted to post this message simply to show that I'm being fair.

SSJGoten has been banned several times (he keeps reregistering) and he doesn't seem to understand why, despite the fact that I've told him a million times.

So, I thought I'd post a poll, in order to see whether or not my decision was fair.

I'll tell you exactly why I banned him, so that there can be absolutely no rumor about it.

Basically, I had received some 20 private messages complaining about his behavior. Either it was an issue on the boards...or it was a PM...or whatever.

So I banned him based on all that complaint (I rarely receive that level of complaint about a member).

After that, SSJGoten talked to me on AIM. And we had a good discussion...I thought that we'd worked it all out. So I unbanned him.

Subsequently, he's apparently now been banned by Sephiroth.

Now, Sephiroth rarely ever bans people...he doesn't ban very lightly. So I trust his judgement.

And now I've been utterly harassed by SSJGoten for banning him.

Is that really fair? Or am I really the bad guy he makes me out to be?

All I'm doing is reacting to all those complaints I get! I gotta do something, afterall.

I'm posting this here because I feel answerable to our community...I want to know what you guys think.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. Whatever the result is, I'll take it on board. :)[/color][/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue][b][size=1]I'm typing this at nearly 2:30am...so I hope that this post is coherant.

I wanted to post this message simply to show that I'm being fair.

SSJGoten has been banned several times (he keeps reregistering) and he doesn't seem to understand why, despite the fact that I've told him a million times.

So, I thought I'd post a poll, in order to see whether or not my decision was fair.

I'll tell you exactly why I banned him, so that there can be absolutely no rumor about it.

Basically, I had received some 20 private messages complaining about his behavior. Either it was an issue on the boards...or it was a PM...or whatever.

So I banned him based on all that complaint (I rarely receive that level of complaint about a member).

After that, SSJGoten talked to me on AIM. And we had a good discussion...I thought that we'd worked it all out. So I unbanned him.

Subsequently, he's apparently now been banned by Sephiroth.

Now, Sephiroth rarely ever bans people...he doesn't ban very lightly. So I trust his judgement.

And now I've been utterly harassed by SSJGoten for banning him.

Is that really fair? Or am I really the bad guy he makes me out to be?

All I'm doing is reacting to all those complaints I get! I gotta do something, afterall.

I'm posting this here because I feel answerable to our community...I want to know what you guys think.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. Whatever the result is, I'll take it on board. :)[/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

well james, you have to go with instinct on this one. follow that gut feeling.

I was thinking about that issue with posting online about topics like the incident with your father. You shouldn't...because you just don't know what the response is going to be from people you don't even know.

I know the Otaku is a community of diffrent people...but there are still people out there who don't really have any compassion. Which is why I rarley post personal topics and I use PMs to convey my feeling to people I trust on the boards...

i put dunno, cause i dont understand the whole situation well. but i can undestand that some people may have been lying on him, hell people lie on me all the time, over exzagerating is the proper way of saying it. but i dunno, i guess he should be banned, but he did make valid points.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by carmex654 [/i]
[B]And if your gettin PMs from ppl it must be from Flik cuz the kid plain hate me.[/B][/QUOTE]

Goten, though you and I are freinds, I gotta take his side on this. Flik hates you because he has a reason to hate you. In fact, many people on these boards have a good reason to hate you. As James has told me, you have done enough bad stuff on the boards to be banned. If these were my boards, I'd ban you too. You can't rely on people online for another home, another family, etc. You got some freinds back at home, like me, that you can talk to about your dad if you need to. There is no point in comming here if all you're going to do is complain and flame. On top of that, it's the internet, dude. This site won't be around forever, and once it's gone you're going to have to move on. And how can you do that if you don't talk to people that you know, like me?

Matt, you're bein really immature about this entire thing. I'm sorry that I have to go against you, but at the same time I'm not going to take your side just because you're my friend. What James did and is doing is right, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. I just hope this doesn't affect our friendship in real life.

And warning me for sending you what James is saying about you isn't going to get you anywhere, and it's never going to get me to go on your side.

I hope you have the maturity to realize what you've done and can change it, and change it soon.

Guest Master O Beans
Well, unlike everybody else James, I don't feel like getting on my knees right now, and puckering up...
...so I think we should bring Seph into this conversation....
...any1 feel like gettin' a hold of that old geezer in here?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]Well, unlike everybody else James, I don't feel like getting on my knees right now, and puckering up...
...so I think we should bring Seph into this conversation....
...any1 feel like gettin' a hold of that old geezer in here? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]What is up with you lately? You've been acting differently...

Have I said something to offend you? I always thought that you were a pretty cool member of the boards...but lately you seem to contradict everything I say.

I don't think that anyone here is getting down on their knees or anything...I asked for an honest opinion and I think most people are giving one.

Based on the evidence I've shown...I don't know how anyone could possibly feel that SSJGoten actually [i]deserves[/i] to stay.[/color][/b][/size]

Guest Master O Beans
[B]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]What is up with you lately? You've been acting differently...

Have I said something to offend you? I always thought that you were a pretty cool member of the boards...but lately you seem to contradict everything I say.

I don't think that anyone here is getting down on their knees or anything...I asked for an honest opinion and I think most people are giving one.
[/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, I dunno, I just always tend to stick up for the underdog. The one that everyelse is afraid to side with. I'm sure Goten has Pissed some of you off, and you have your reasons to be dancing in the streets now that he's been banned...but for the majority of you, did he really upset you that much? I mean - ( I was going to begin to rant and rave here...but changed my mind...)

and about that whole gettin' on my knee's thing...That's becuase whatever you or TN says is always right, and it's the final word. or "period." as you like to put it.
oh well, perhaps my blood sugar is low...that could be the problem...

[B]

Heh, I dunno, I just always tend to stick up for the underdog. The one that everyelse is afraid to side with. I'm sure Goten has Pissed some of you off, and you have your reasons to be dancing in the streets now that he's been banned...but for the majority of you, did he really upset you that much? I mean - ( I was going to begin to rant and rave here...but changed my mind...)

and about that whole gettin' on my knee's thing...That's becuase whatever you or TN says is always right, and it's the final word. or "period." as you like to put it.
oh well, perhaps my blood sugar is low...that could be the problem... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]Yeah, I understand what you're saying. But you can't side for the underdog just for the sake of it.

I mean, SSJGoten has really done things to deserve being banned. I only created this topic to see if people thought it was fair or not -- I'm not interested in having people sit here and complain about him behind his back or anything...that's equally as wrong.

I'm just holding myself accountable to show that what was done was done in the best judgement and with the best intentions at heart.

As for your final comment, to some extent you're right. What I say isn't always right, but when it comes to the boards, Adam and I have the last word.

That doesn't mean we're perfect...or that we're always right. People are free to disagree with me or him or whoever, just as long as they don't swear or flame...

As I said, I think you're a good member. I'm just trying to get you to see it from my point of view -- I don't like being made out to be the bad guy when I'm actually responding to the complaints of more than 20 people.

[/color][/b][/size]

[B]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]Yeah, I understand what you're saying. But you can't side for the underdog just for the sake of it.

I mean, SSJGoten has really done things to deserve being banned. I only created this topic to see if people thought it was fair or not -- I'm not interested in having people sit here and complain about him behind his back or anything...that's equally as wrong.

I'm just holding myself accountable to show that what was done was done in the best judgement and with the best intentions at heart.

As for your final comment, to some extent you're right. What I say isn't always right, but when it comes to the boards, Adam and I have the last word.

That doesn't mean we're perfect...or that we're always right. People are free to disagree with me or him or whoever, just as long as they don't swear or flame...

As I said, I think you're a good member. I'm just trying to get you to see it from my point of view -- I don't like being made out to be the bad guy when I'm actually responding to the complaints of more than 20 people.

you know james, if you would share the names of the people who complained we could get a better judgement, lord knows more that 20 people hate the kid and for all we know it couldve been 10 people who were multis or were jus complaing cause they dont like him. its abuse. if 20 people said and voted he shouldnt be banned, will he get unbanned?

Guest Master O Beans
[B]

Heh, don't worry James, I don't see you as the bad guy, it's SAFER! hehe, jk. but honestly, if I may further prove my point...

...I seem to recall having a disagreement with you in the past, and one with Trans too...and yet, I don't really remember what they were about...the point is...it was an "argument" that was held online with people I don't even know...so how that would upset anyone...well that's beyond me.

There's been a lot of talk about "maturity" (mostly by Galxy) ...and in my opinion (even though it might not be right, because I don't have "admin" "god" or "mod" under my name...and only they can ever be right ) if you're getting upset over a conversation held online,well that's just plain dumb.

...oh well, I've said my peace. (d@mmit! yet another famous phrase that I don't know if I used correctly...)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Will2x [/i]
[B]

you know james, if you would share the names of the people who complained we could get a better judgement, lord knows more that 20 people hate the kid and for all we know it couldve been 10 people who were multis or were jus complaing cause they dont like him. its abuse. if 20 people said and voted he shouldnt be banned, will he get unbanned? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][size=1][b]There is absolutely no chance of him being unbanned. He flamed me directly after he was banned, so no, there isn't a chance.

But as I said, I'm not trying to create a place for people to complain about him -- I just want members to vote as to whether or not I did the right thing.

But I think that the current result so far pretty much shows how people feel. I'll close this topic fairly soon because it's only temporary.[/color][/size][/b]

[B]

Heh, don't worry James, I don't see you as the bad guy, it's SAFER! hehe, jk. but honestly, if I may further prove my point...

...I seem to recall having a disagreement with you in the past, and one with Trans too...and yet, I don't really remember what they were about...the point is...it was an "argument" that was held online with people I don't even know...so how that would upset anyone...well that's beyond me.

There's been a lot of talk about "maturity" (mostly by Galxy) ...and in my opinion (even though it might not be right, because I don't have "admin" "god" or "mod" under my name...and only they can ever be right ) if you're getting upset over a conversation held online,well that's just plain dumb.

...oh well, I've said my peace. (d@mmit! yet another famous phrase that I don't know if I used correctly...) [/B][/QUOTE]
ok id better say this quick before the topic gets closed
yeah galxy is a trick! and i agree with jus about everything youve said, your a smart one!

---------------
i dont love dem hoes

[B]

...oh well, I've said my peace. (d@mmit! yet another famous phrase that I don't know if I used correctly...) [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]Yes, I totally agree. And I made that pretty clear -- I wouldn't normally ban based on a conversation online.

But I got so many complaints from staff who were being harassed (and even threatened at one point), that I had to do something.

So in an extreme case, it's necessary. But it's good that you voiced your opinion in the right way...others should learn from the way you are posting.[/color][/b][/size]

Guest Master O Beans
[B]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]
But I got so many complaints from staff who were being harassed (and even threatened at one point), that I had to do something.

.[/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

James, I am fomally letting you know that I will be coming over to your house and kicking your dog. or cat. or whatever animal you have in your house. maybe I'll even kick you...IN THE BEANS!

Hmmm, that looks like a threat...but then you have to remember, I can talk real big online...and you [I]know[/I] for a fact I'm not really going to do any of these things...

I understand that you didn't ban him because of the AIM conversation...but I just thought I would add that anyway...

Guest Altron Gundam
Here's Altron's two penises...er..cents...:

~At first when we met he was massively flaming people and I had to issue a ban warning. He continued flaming and I consulted the staff on what to do, whether to ask the admins to ban him or not. He violated his probation, and got banned. Then he appealed to Adam to get unbanned which he did. We settled our differences for the time being.

-Then two days later, he spammed my board completely, and started flaming me and other staff members for no reason, this resulted in another ban warning, and another consultation w/ the staff. This time, I decided to be lenient and let his *** go for the time being, and James talked to him at this point and I thought he had finally got his *** straight.

-Now, on AIM, he started insulting everybody going "YOU SUCK!! ALL OTAKU SUCKS!! EVERYONE SUCKS! THEY CAN ALL KISS MY ***! etc." THat sort of thing. Then I get this IM from Safer saying he's being annoyed by SSJGoten. I have 10 PM's in my message box referring to complaints about SSJGoten. So riding on Safer/James' descision I stand by it. He's had a lot of chances to shape up, but I don't know what's going on. So James' its a fair descision.

we all know my answer. It was fair. He is a harrasser and a flamer. Annoying and his posts were stupid. Everyone err most people hated him because of these thngs.

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forte [/i]
[B]we all know my answer. It was fair. He is a harrasser and a flamer. Annoying and his posts were stupid. Everyone err most people hated him because of these thngs. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehe, I'm glad to see I'm no longer on your moron list :D
Heh, I guess I'll have to try harder next time! :rolleyes: hehe, me is just playin, don't worry :D