Guest yalborap Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 Same here. A little of what you said is a bit harsh,milliefan(although they sound a lot like what Millie herself would say. Strange.), you make a good point. And the nine year old was probably me. I watched cowboy bebop then. Of course, you are definately right about how people should give their children a sense of right and wrong, and watch them,instead of just sueing quality companies. I believe my mini-rant is over now.
Zen Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 Wow Milliefan, i sure wouldn't want you being my mom. I'm thirteen and have been watching anime since i was 8, stating with one of the most violent, DBZ and Gundam Wing. I have had a TV in my room since i was 3. I watched it all. But this bull crap this lady is bringing up is really getting me POed. She obviously didn't see the TV-14 warning or the Parental guidance warning. And she can no longer bring up FLCL now cuz its been taken off the air in place for InuYasha, which isn't any worse than watching an episode of Malcom in the Middle. SO, BOOYAKA! IN YOUR FACE CRAZY LADY!
Guest yalborap Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 No, that's her victory, as it's gone. If anyone wants to take over Adult swim and put FLCL back on, I can buy the dvds.(Just a little joke.) But hey, at least we get Inuyasha back, right?
Zen Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 No, AS only planned to air FLCL twice in the first place. Since it was so short, they decided to air it twice so to give them time to translatet hte rest of InuYasha. I think it ws a good play on AS's side.
Jubei Yagyou Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i] [B]No, AS only planned to air FLCL twice in the first place. Since it was so short, they decided to air it twice so to give them time to translatet hte rest of InuYasha. I think it ws a good play on AS's side. [/B][/QUOTE] Actually, they already have all of Inuyasha dubbed, just like DBZ. Its for marketing, not because it isnt all dubbed yet.
Zen Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 well, they still only planned to air it twice, so it doesn't really matter. I taped the entire series, si i'm set. :D
Guest Tical Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 Let the kid watch what he wants I say. Im only 12 years old and Ive watched every adult swim anime and none of them are at all bad. Its not like her kids gunna shootout his school because he saw some people shooting each other for self defence. As someone else said, go ahead and cancel Justice Legue, Grim and evil, dexters lab, powerppuff girls, kids next door. I mean power puff girls is three 4 year ols ripping monsters to pieces. Ive seen much worse than FLCL. (Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai X, Blood the Last Vampie, X, Spiggan) and my mom knows their bloody shes seen the blood splatter across the screen, shes heard the cussing and she dont care. You dont see me on a killing spree.
Impact Player Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 So let me get this straight. If somebody gets shot on an episode of Cops is ok? And if somebody get's shot in an episode of some anime that passes on Adult Swim it's not ok? Stupid Americans...:-\
Guest yalborap Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 It's because it's animated, and on CN, even if it's AS.But hey, at least none of us have to live with that woman, right?
kyonen Posted August 25, 2003 Posted August 25, 2003 ohh...HILARIUM! :D ...and, let's all stop this now. It's over. I don't see any point to continuing this thus further. :cool:
ladyperson7890 Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by yalborap [/i] [B]It's because it's animated, and on CN, even if it's AS.But hey, at least none of us have to live with that woman, right? [/B][/QUOTE] very funny:laugh: , and a great point of view on the subject im still mad at people for seeing anime the way this lady sees it... but hey it'll all be over soon...i hope...lol -Ladyperson7890 :stupid:
Guest PicoTheRevolver Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 As of today (monday) FLCL is off of Cartoon Network's adult swim. Was it because of the possible lawsuit or has it run it's course? I'm PISSED!!!
Semjaza Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 It's only six episodes. I don't know how many times people expect them to show those same ones.
Guest yalborap Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 We all hope. But like I said in that post, at least none of us live with her. And for your amusement, I made a scenario: User: Mom, can I watch [insert really good anime that's pretty mature like end of evangi-whatever]? That woman: Sure, dear. All cartoons are violence free, even at 1 in the morning.*sees that anime*OMG!! What is that?!! That's not a good cartoon like what my husband heard about from his 20-something friends! I must complain for my lack of parenting skill and write a ****** article about this! Onward!*runs in her 1950s style dress to the computer* Eh, I could never use this new fangled thing. Son, will you write up a horrible article about that quality anime you just watched? user: Sure, I don't have any other life, why not?*writes the article* woman: How'd you do that? So, now everyone around the world can read that? They must see us! Hurry, destroy the evil japenese spying device!*destroys comp* user:*gets t mobile sidekick/laptop/DC* THE END So, what did you think? Oh yeah. FLCL is good, but we don't want it to be a mini-dbz, now do we? [color=hotpink][size=1]Please do not double post. It is against the rules. Just go back and edit your original post.[/color][/size]
pbfrontmanvdp Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i] [B]It's only six episodes. I don't know how many times people expect them to show those same ones. [/B][/QUOTE] LoL and i think of the 6 times i saw that anime, i must have seen the same one 6 times. Yea its about time they moved on to another anime i agree with Semjaza. Its not like they replaced it with another anime that has already been seen that doesnt have new episodes. Instead they did a smart thing and replaced it with Inuyasha which is showing new episodes. So i suggest to just start watching that anime instead....even if you havent seen it from the beginning.
kyonen Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 yalborap, you know what'd be really cool? If she were reading this right now or is actually a memeber of OB :laugh: But do you think it's alright if not too much longer a mod locks it? Maybe have it stick around so others also who hadn't seen it could.
Guest yalborap Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 Not really. But thanks for the praise. I do what I can.
Fyxe Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 Adult swim was only planning to air it twice, and they did. Now they're putting Inuyasha back... which makes me happy indeed. If I get the need to watch FLCL i'll just go buy the DVD's. I saw the series on DVD at Anime Iowa, and you can also probably find it at Suncoast sometime. Sure, I'm kinda sad it's gone, but I think twice was enough. Lol. If they kept showing it.. that lady might still bug them. Just my words of thought.......
Emme888 Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 It was a way good show, but it also a way short series. It's too bad, but I think it'll come back soon.
shadowfire Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 Hey, better be glad she's only b*tching about FLCL , imagine how things about this would be if she admitted she saw Blue Gender,Inuyasha and Lupin 3. She'd be foaming at the mouth if she ever saw something like EVA . I think she just needs to get a life . P.S. What is the fathers view of all this. She says she done all that but does he think of it the same way she does, and what about their kids did they ever see it?
Guest yalborap Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 Yes she does. And your right, we never did get the father's view on the whole mess.
eleanor Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 [size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by yalborap [/i] [B]We all hope. But like I said in that post, at least none of us live with her. And for your amusement, I made a scenario: User: Mom, can I watch [insert really good anime that's pretty mature like end of evangi-whatever]? That woman: Sure, dear. All cartoons are violence free, even at 1 in the morning.*sees that anime*OMG!! What is that?!! That's not a good cartoon like what my husband heard about from his 20-something friends! I must complain for my lack of parenting skill and write a ****** article about this! Onward!*runs in her 1950s style dress to the computer* Eh, I could never use this new fangled thing. Son, will you write up a horrible article about that quality anime you just watched? user: Sure, I don't have any other life, why not?*writes the article* woman: How'd you do that? So, now everyone around the world can read that? They must see us! Hurry, destroy the evil japenese spying device!*destroys comp* user:*gets t mobile sidekick/laptop/DC* THE END So, what did you think? [/B][/QUOTE] [i]Evangelion[/i]. =_= I couldn't resist. I guess some people just don't watch late night TV much. Don't worry, I'm 99.9% sure that FLCL was not cancled because of that article. It wasn't a huge article, and it's on some random website. [/size]
Queen Asuka Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by yalborap [/i] [B]Nice words, my friend. And yeah, I'm 11, but I'm mature enough to watch this stuff, and my parents watch it with me from time to time as well. This woman is no more than a soccer mom who wants to shield her children from all that is not cute, cuddly, and violance free. It's people like that that make me sick. If she doesn't want her kids watching it, just don't let them watch it. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=hotpink][size=1]There is no way that I'll believe an 11 year old is mature enough to watch things that are aimed towards adults. That's what's wrong with society today. Things that are rated PG-13 nowadays would have been rated R about 20 years ago. I hate how everyone just seems so relaxed and how no one thinks that violence or sex is really a big deal anymore. You are 11! There is no way you have a full grasp on the world and what you are watching! And the fact that your parents are letting you watch it is just horrible! I don't mean to sound like the complaining grandma, but seriously, you can't expect the parents to be constantly watching their kids EVERY SINGLE action. They have to take care of the kid and that includes things such as cooking, cleaning, etc. Yes, they need to be paying attention to what their kid is doing, but seeing CN as a channel aimed for kids, I'm pretty sure they aren't thinking that some violent show is going to be aired.[/color][/size]
Heaven's Cloud Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 [color=indigo]I have to disagree with you a little bit Asuki. Fooly Cooly was aired late in the evening (I believe at eleven o'clock) and I don't know to many responsible parents that have children thirteen or younger that allow their children to stay up that late and watch television...especially when the programming is called [b]Adult[/b]Swim. Too many parents leave parenting up to the school system and television these days... That being said, Fooly Cooly only had six episodes (I think, I have never seen the show) so I am sure that it has been replayed 4 times by now.[/color]
duelist22 Posted August 26, 2003 Posted August 26, 2003 FLCL is amazing. Unfortionatly, some people havent heard of a lovely device called a brain. It really makes me sad to see dumb suits like this one. It IS called adult swim after all, moron. :rolleyes: Plus the disclaimers before every show....... I pity those poor kids, cause they must be ashamed their mom is raising such a din......
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now