OtakuBoards

Has anime changed you?

Pex

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anime changed me? Oh yeah. In both good and bad ways. Mostly good though. Before anime, I'd just sit around all day reading books or being depressed, or hanging with my (ex) friends doing somethings that could get us into trouble. (nothing too bad though) I used to think that the "cartoons" my little brother watched was pointless and stupid. But then I met my best friend and I learned that anime wasn't 'stupid little kids shows.'

I love any and all anime whatsoever now. It's taught me to try my hardest no matter what happens. To be happy. ^_^ To try to treat people better, unless they start something first (then show no mercy).

It's also made me very poor. ;) I have alot more (and better) friends than I did. I'm not as self concious (sp?) as I was. I have more faith in myself, and I'm not scared to try new things. It's greatly increased my creativity and artistic abilities. I wanna learn about Japan and other cultures. I'm learning Japanese now. And there's alot of other good stuff.
Anime's opened my mind too. Before, I though that being gay was totally wrong and disgusting. Now I don't have a problem with it at all. Love is love, right?

The only thing bad that anime's brought me is that I have no money, I don't get enough sleep, and my grades aren't that great. Otherwise it's the best thing that happened to me. ^_^

Man, that's a long post.... *looks around and sweatdrops* Ja!

Cowboy Bebop has absolutely changed me. Shinijiro Watsanabe and Yoko Kanno have inspired me to a) write better poetry b) spark an interest in all different types of anime and c) To follow my path of ideals and not let anyone get in my way. Cowboy Bebop, among others, is the godfather of all anime to me.

Yes it has changed me in a few ways. But I guess the most obvious would be that I have this great need to know how is behind the drawing(voices). It is what I do in my free time. I have found that some of my fav chararcters all would the same voice actor behind them. It maybe wierd to some but think that it helps the make the characters a little more believable.
THE FIZZ:wigout:

Anime has really changed me, in two ways. The first was that it made me really think about some issues, like politics and military ethics from Gundam Wing, as well as religious matters from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Plus, it rejuvinated my social life. Before I was in danger of becoming a dark loner, but watching this stuff and joining the local society for it rescued me. Plus of course watching humerous anime, like Tenchi, helped my sence of humour along.

I would have to say yes....because now i dont sleep, cause it comes on at night,lol. no really. it has changed me for some odd reasons. like i can focus in class alot better i dont know why......and i do what im told, and im getting into wrestling again. because anime is like all about fights and stuff.so now i like to watch any thing about fights lol. but thats pretty much it, yea anime has changed me....its common stuff, alot of shows can change people. So no worries..... :D

• 4 weeks later...
Anime...probably the greatest boon and the greatest curse since the invention of the computer.
Boon: well...it...made me...happy...for the time while I'm watching it...
Curse: wasted money, wasted time, wasted ideals, wasted life (O_o)
Well...I guess if you balance the two out...

I would say yes. Alot of people now make ALOT of fun of me for watching these as they say "gay cartoons". Maybe because I am in college or somethin' I dun know. But I dont mind ^^ I love it, they are just jealous because they do not understand the greatness of anime.

And it changed my drawing style alot also.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dark_Phoenix
Yeah, anime has changed me a little but not lots. I'm not like most girls who drool over every anime guy they see and dis real life guys. I also don't dream about them night and day. And I don't day dream either. Animes cool and I love it but I'm not that crazy over it. I'm just the average fan. But let it be known. Heero is MINE!
-Dark_Phoenix

Yeah...Kudos to you Darky. Me, on the other hand...I fantasize 98% percent of the time. I am obsessed. Liking Anime is like a drug addiction- so addictive, but hard to get off of. I know I sound lame, but when your only friend is a computer mouse you go a lil' insane.
-Cocomi Myojin

Lol! Yeah but your not insane Cocomi. PS the reason she's typing here is cause she forgot her password and her e-mail isn't working. And how do you peeps know I'm not lying about what I said up above. ^_~
-Dark_Phoenix

Anime has definitely changed mostly every aspect of my life.
I discovered that I can be just as weird as I want to be without being self-conscious about who thinks you're cool and who doesn't. It also changed the way I look at things and made my mind and heart more open. Anime got me into drawing and now I actually like drawing cuz I didn't before. Anime got me into learning about diferent cultures and languages. (I can have a simple conversation in Japanese now).

Anime has given me something to look forward to everyday and has made me new friends and new love interests....heh. *blushes* It has given me a hobby and a reason to spend my money. I've gotten my friends familiar to anime and now they want to learn more about it. Anime has introduced me to new forms of music which I absolutely love...Ex. Opening and ending themes, Jpop, Jrock, etc. I guess I owe alot of what I am now to anime!!!!

Anime... Man, anime opened my mind to so much more!!! I can't even explain how different I'd be without anime. I'd probably still be some LOTR/Harry Potter freak... I'd be sooo bored without it...
I've learned a lot of things about life from my favorite shows, like Kenshin, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop.

Yeah i suppose because its all I talk about. I have friends though how are at least interested in what I'm talking about even if they don't like it. ^^ It has given me a hobby, and its helping me get interested in other cultures.