OtakuBoards

Has anime changed you?

Pex

Has anime ever changed you at all. I know that when I first saw it showed me a more stylized and adult form of animation. It also inspired to draw and to copy the characters of the animes i'd seen. Has anime ever helped u in that way...maybe changed ur life...or possibly hurt u or let u down any way?

(Whew that was pretty deep I'm glad I let that out...man I hope somone didn't post something like this already or else that'd really suck)

Well if you'd like to reply please do...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha actually, this is pretty sad but it has.

trigun- made me see the world in a different view. i feel as if i'm a much nicer person froom watching Vash go through his problems with only killing one person

cowboy bebop- haha nothing really , besides me sort of learning how to fight like Spike

Of course anime changed my life, it made my life a little more fun. I got to actually laugh at some of my friends' jokes. I also got to look for anime sites so that I could collect all of the pictures that I have(I know that I'm a freak). Anime has changed my lifestyle, but that's because I like to get things out of the way so I can watch anime.

Sure, I guess anime has changed my life somewhat. Out of the group of people I hang out with, I am now known as the strange pyro anime chick instead of just plain strange pyro chick. Most people I know don't want to have anything to do with it...so when I first got into it I started to stand out a bit since I talked about it a lot. A bunch of the shows have influenced me in differnt ways. Shows such as Fushigi Yugi. After seeing the whole seires, it made me want to be nicer to other people. I also have a lot of jokes that nobdy understands which is pretty funny.

Well, anime has changed me in many ways.

I share Wolfwoods personality type cuz i'm quite, but goofy.
I fight using martial arts, like SPike Speigel.
I improved my drawing skills cuz i started to trace DBZ pics and everntually got really good at it to the point that i started to just draw it.

So anime has really infuenced me.

[color=crimson]Like most shows on T.V., anime had a huge influence on my life. Before anime came to me, I was interested in NOTHING. My parents tried to get me into something, but I never cared for it. An episode of Cowboy Bebop seen while flipping channels caught my attention. Slowly, I began to watch more anime. My life was soon built around it. My parents thought it was odd, but they said "if it makes you happy, that's fine with us". Though at the time, I was 7 and Cowboy Bebop wasn't even showing in America normally, I found any means possible to see some kind of anime. >looks at stack of Sailor Moon videos< Ah...memories...
Anime has changed my thinking on life as well. Shows containing bits of the past present and future made me look at each time separately and wonder. Even if it was a cartoon, couldn't it be possible?

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

if it wasn't for anime...
1. I wouldn't be here
2. all my friends would be girls(dont ask)
3. I wouldn't be interested in learning other languages(no matter how much my cousin's make fun of me...(who can't tell the difference between Japanese and Spanish)...(even though we're all at least half Mexican))
4. I wouldn't have baught my "digivice"...which is kool...[Digimon]
5. I most definetly(can't spell)wouldn't have met my best friend
6. I would have a lot more money to spend on junk I don't need
7. I wouldn't have a life besides Fut Bol...
and if it wasn't for anime I would have no sence(spelled right?) of humor...

8. oh yes...and i wouldn't be crazy about my InuYasha fighting game " A Feudal Fairytale"

this is all i can think of right now...
-nettie

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chou Long Kai [/i]
[B]To be honest,anime radically morphed my life.

Without anime,I would come on the internet with nothing to do except surf around game sites ALL DAY.Without anime,I would've never found Otaku Boards,which has really made a difference in my life.I see life through many more views thanks to anime.My intelligence is (not to brag) extraordinary compared to what my life would have been,without the knowledge that anime has caused me to know.I would've hung out with a totally different crowd without anime,and probably be part of the one I hate.

So really,anime played a HUGE role in who I am.It's molded my personality with compelling views on life and all things in it,it has enriched my intelligence with information,it's chosen most of my friends,it's improved my drawing skills,and so much more.

Anime really lead me to much bigger things,and it has totally changed me.I'd say for the better,most likely.

So to put it simply..Yes,anime has changed me. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sounds like me and you are the exact same.

Anime.... ah-nE-may a-ni-may no matter how you spell it it still spells perfection (thats goin in my sig)
Anime changed my life big time. If there was no anime i dont know where id be. At first i thought if there was no anime for me id like nintendo but i only ever became a nintendo freak because i watched pokemon. i have adult swim to thank for truly introducing me to te world of anime but the real anime to thank is pokemon. If it werent for nime id pretty much be non existant. Even when i was 5 i watched beast wars. That was thev first anime i ever saw. I difdnt love anything as much as that. So bassically since I was 4 ive been wwatching anime if you call Power Rangers anime. I mean, it is japanese. Well, thats my story.

Anime... change me? No... but i sure changed it! I made people want to watch it mroe than hang with me :) Ha!

No actually... i learned some things from some shows. From inuyasha i learned i can do things i never had the guts to do before.. never knew i could do... stuff like that

And from CowBoy Bebop... i learned out to be just as wierd as Ed...*grin*

I was rather depressed before I started to watch anime. And now afterwards, I realized that I was not sad, but lonely.

Trigun- It helped me see the better in people, not to judge them. And that it's not up to us who deciedes what should live and what dies.

Cowboy Bebop- I realized that from this show, that I wasn't depressed, only sad about being alone. I really related to the characters and their moods. I especially connect with Faye, I don't know why, but she reminded me so much of myself. Her personality and her moods were tottaly in tune with me. Like how she loves Spike, but he will forever love Julia....that kinda thing. Loving a love that will never exsist.

I guess this is way I love it so much, loners who will forever be alone. But not by choice, but by destiney... How true, how true...

[size=1] Anime has changed me in both positive and negative ways. I got hooked on anime in fifth grade, and my grades dropped and my became obsessed with watching TV and going on the computer.

On the other hand...it got me into drawing anime and has made my mind more open. :P[/size]

*sigh* Anime has changed me. I grew up with it so I'd say it has greatly influenced me. I'm just not sure how exactly. I guess some of the things I like to do are b/c of anime like drawing, story writing, and other things. I love anime and cartoons that have anime twist to them.

It has totally changed me. It made me think alot. It made me see the world in a whole different way, and it's changed my personality a bunch. My style was way different before anime, now I think I have better taste in things. Such as music and clothes. I think when I was younger I had the tomboy inside me, but anime gave me the last big boot to let it out. But I also think anime has reached to a lot of my emotions and let them out more, by just watching a show. It has also made me tougher and much stronger on the inside.
Heh, it has changed a lot about me.
It's weird how that happens, but I'm glad it [I]did[/I] happen to me!!

Yes, anime changed me greatly. Before anime, I was extremely shy. Now, I'm semi-shy. Also, it's given me a hobby, other than reading.

If it weren't for anime:
1) I never would have found OB
2) Would'nt have my current group of friends
3) I'd be a boring ole smarty-arty
4) I wouldn't be as crazy as I am
5) Never would have learned some Japanese

Pokemon: Got me hooked to anime. It's good for a laugh every now and then. Taught me that... that... anime rocks!

Digimon: Secured my like in anime. It's really an awesome series. Taught me that good always beats evil in the end.

Dragon Ball Z: First show I became an official fangirl for. Also, taught me that if you fight a bad guy, at least one planet will explode.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Revived my love for anime, which had began to dwindle. Taught me that American dubbers are idiots.

Yu Yu Hakusho: Show in which I discovered I like yaoi. Taught me that demons ALWAYS look/act cool.

Well, let's see... anime first interested me to draw, or attempt drawing, which boosted my self-esteem when I realized it wasn't half-bad. Sorta. Anyways, I'm pretty sure that a lot of the people I talk to wouldn't have anything to talk to me about if I wasn't into anime, and I wouldn't be as much of a risk taker.

[COLOR=darkblue]

HHHMMMMMM.. I don't really know wheter to say if anime has changed me. I don't think anything can really change a person but they can have an influence on your life.

That's what anime has done. It is just something that appeals to me and it also allows me to open my mind more. Like many animes have various themes behind them and you have to open your mind to understand the majority of them.

A couple of anime's that have done that are Ghost in the Shell, Akira and Trigun.

You have to see things from the character prospectyive and sometimes in can influence you postiviely or negatively. But anime has had a positive influence on me. It just allowed me to veiw another cultures ideals and show an artists beliefs.[/COLOR]

not only is it a form of entertainment but it is a way of life it dramatically changed my life like in loe hina now i kno not to b that much like keitaro when it comes to girls (never was but hey!)
same thing wit trigun as that one guy said same wit bebop as that one guy said and flcl ahh flcl thats all i have

Anime has had a big impact on me.

It is what introduce me to the Japanese culture, and has inspired me to learn their language, and learn more and more about them.

It also affected my artistic views on things, as well as my imagination.

I wouldn't know what I would be like, if it hadn't been for anime.