Has anime changed you?

Pex

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetreyes [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]

It is just something that appeals to me and it also allows me to open my mind more. Like many animes have various themes behind them and you have to open your mind to understand the majority of them.

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Anime causes people to stop and think- to open their minds to new possibilities and also new cultures.

Anime is an art form that reflects reality far more than, say, TV, moviies (I´m talking general live action stuff meant to make money), kiddy cartoons, or anything like that. It expresses not just ideas, but the emotions in people. That´s what makes it so intense, and true to life. Even if you´ve got monsters and magic girls and stuff running around, the emotions are the same, and everyone can relate.

I think anime changes anyone who seriously watches it- whether directly or not so much depends on the person. As for me, I´ve definitely been changed in several ways.

1. I´m more secretive, and able to hide things better because I keep the fact that I like anime a secret (whether this is good or not remains to be seen).
2. I´m able to express my self more clearly. I´m not too sure why this is, but I think it definitely stems from anime.
3. I always have a lot less pocket money for some reason...

But mostly, it has caused some inner revelations that have allowed me to see who I am more clearly. I´m not really sure if I´m taking this too seriously, but this is what I think.

Anime has changed me. It makes me feel better knowing that there are acually other people out there who love anime as much as i do. Anime gave me alot of things:tears, bellyaches from laughing, a good sense of humor, alot of friends, and hours of eye aces. Bearing thru the pain made me stronger... Also, anime gave me a sense of seriousness... when i need it. OH! and I learned some good fighting moves. Yes... anime has changed me alot.

Anime it has changed me. Trigun now I act so much like Rem that Rem is my nick name.(I even know the song and sing all the time.) Yu Yu hakusho and Inu yasha made me believe in demons spirit world(reikai) and the demon world(makai). But all the rest of them make me want to draw manga and turn it into an anime!

how can anime NOT change a person? It definatly(sp, sorry) has changed me in so many different levels. It gives me something to do, i spend so much more time drawing now than i ever did before, and i spend alot of time on the comp readin fanfics or looking at pics or whatever. If it weren't for these things, i probably would be out there doing something stupid, ya know? It has helped me get closer to my one other friend whos into anime. We have to stick together, cause at times, it seems like we're the only ones. But, in a higher level than that- it has given me much more self confidence. I would talk about anime so often, and my friends would make fun of me. No one else knew what it was. But i knew that i liked it, and i stuck with it, and that taught me so much, right there. It made me different than everyone, and that was my first step outta comformity. It has opened my mind so much, i'm thinking things i never would have imagined before, and what seemed like sacriligous (sp) thoughts before, now are normal. And most of all, its taught me that im not alone. There are so many animes out there that i can relate to, that show me that im not the only one on this crazy ride. And it shows me i can get through it

its has let me down in one way though. I get so caught up in it, in the characters and their worlds and thoughts and dreams, that i leave the real world far behind. I travel in a fanstasy world, so when i have to come back to earth for one reason or another, its such a huge shock for me. Sometimes, this world is so dull, bland and boring compared to what i live in, in my screens. And so unromantic. So it makes it hard for me to live in reality, but as hard as i try, i can't stay in my fanstasy worlds. But thats the only way anime's affected me negitivly. Everything else is positive.

*looks up at what i wrote* eek! sorry that was sorta long.... but what can i say? (alot apparently)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ladyperson7890 [/i]
[B]if it wasn't for anime...
2. all my friends would be girls(dont ask
-nettie [/B][/QUOTE]

I watch anime all the time and nearly all of my friends are girls. Anime does nothing to what gender your friends are. Another reason why nealy allof my friends are girls is because I had to switch schools last year to the one my best friend goes to, most of her friends there are girls.

Anime has definately changed me. I am more layed back. I used to be uptight, and not a very fun and social person..Now, you can hardly get me to shut up, lol.

Also I wouldn't have ever found out about this website and wouldn't have had the pleasure of making new friends here in the boards and talking to many interesting people..I feel very comfortable here and I just wanted everyone to know that I appreciate this, if it weren't for anime this would never have happened..

Plus I draw anime/manga and anime has greatly influenced the way I draw..I draw much better now thanx to all the inspirational shows, comics, and fanart that I have seen here..

[COLOR=GREEN] Ever sense my older brother invited me into his room to watch DBZ one summer several years ago, I've been hooked. I'd be lying if I didn't say that anime has changed my life. I now have a good entertaining way to occupy my time and my artistic skills have florished. I now feel like I want to share anime with everyone. [/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
This is funny. When I was a really crazy fan, I mean like always talking about, reading about, singing the songs (I still do that), I would act like an anime character. I would imagine myself sweatdropping when someone did or said something stupid. Someone even told me that I went through this Sailor Moon stage in which I sounded like Serena. I was just crazy about anime. I've cooled off a great bit now.
Also because of anime, I've learned how to draw. Everyone says my characters for my comic books look like anime characters (or the little cartoons I watch all the time) :shudders: ANIME ARE NOT CARTOONS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, anime has changed me quite a bunch.
First, I wouldn't be so tired all the time. (I watch anime late at night, gotta stop that)
But would I be here if I never knew anime???
Second if it weren't for anime, I wouldn't be watching the television all day :) :) :)
Especially watching InuYasha made me get into anime more. I did, and I am now called a crazy freaking idiot by my best friend. Yep, that's how much anime changed me.

Anime's had an influence on me as well.

I kind of try to model myself after Vash a bit, I think, seeing as how he's my fave character from my fave seriers. He's also the result I get most often when I take a Trigun personality quiz.

Also, if it weren't for anime, I'd have nowhere to be on Wednesday nights. Now, I do have a place to be: my university's asian film/anime club.

I'm also considering learning some Japanese because of anime.

Anime!!! Ahhhh! what a sweet word "smiles". Sure it changes me at different aspects. It changed the way i looked into my future and also it teaches me to be more like myself and besides it's the thing that just makes me happy. Also the girl that i was courting was influenced by me in loving anime specially Cardcaptor Sakura. Imagine we even call ourselves Li and Sakura eventhough we are not together (because she has another man). And also anime somehow changes my attitude that i cannot explain that sometimes other people can't understand me too. But still i will be an anime fanatic (yeahhhhh!!!!!).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sakura chan [/i]
[B]Konnichiwa mina :D
Im a new member, just wanted to meet more ppl that like anime too :D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Welcome to the OtakuBoards!

I'm sorry to inform you on your first post, but posts like this are considered spam. Introduction posts are not allowed and your post is supposed to be relevant to the topic at hand. Please visit the OtakuBoards Information Center for more on these rules.

Hope you enjoy your stay with us! ^_^[/color][/size]

Yeah, I guess it changed me quite a bit if not a lot. I mean, the first anime I bought was the Evangelion videos and the Ninja Scroll movie, so I guess that can change anyone.

Since I began in 1996 to watch anime, it has changed the way I see movies, art styles, boosted my creativity, it has even taught me how to deal with some problems in life. Anime, to me, is more than a hobbie. I love wathing anime. When I'm not playing games in my free time or working, I would definetly be watching anime. I buy almost every anime I like so I could see it over and over again.

I'm a responsible person, it's not that I have left everything I HAVE to do to watch anime. But every free time I have I dedicated to anime, from drawing to making banners and wallpapers on my PC.

I think I see life a different way and that is because of anime. You just have to watch it as you would watch any other movie or documentary. You could find great things on those "cartoons" as my parents say, than you could imagine.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Blanko [/i]
[B]Anime... change me? No... but i sure changed it! I made people want to watch it mroe than hang with me :) Ha!

No actually... i learned some things from some shows. From inuyasha i learned i can do things i never had the guts to do before.. never knew i could do... stuff like that

And from CowBoy Bebop... i learned out to be just as wierd as Ed...*grin* [/B][/QUOTE]

So, i thought you are weird naturally...well i am.

Anyway, yes, nime has changed me. I have learned that i can at least do semi-good at anything i try, be it save the world or do good on tests.

I learned that parents think all cartoons are for kids and get mad when a 'cartoon' is rated r.

Without Anime, i would never have joined Ob, would never made as many friends period, and never have met Flora (aka Blanko), and because of not meeting her i would have been dongi the stuff that a friend of mine does, that i at one point liked but now see is wrong.

Aniem has changed my life? :nope: I changed my life. well,.....ok..:) yes, it did. :laugh:

~`_Nate_`~

EDIT- Oh, and it made me the poorest kid on the block, too. I mean i was the last one on it to get a PS2 because of the money blown on Pokemon cards and DBZ Cards.

Guest PhoenixFlame
Well,this may be kind of sad but, in real life im more of a mix between several anime characters (and several game characters) some of which are vash,spike and a few other people (some villains,not as in the evil part of them but more like the way some of them react to certain things).

Edit:Oh yes i have learned some things from some animes.

personally, anime has had almost as much of an impact as losing all my family and moving to a whole new place. my best friends are in the animes i watch, i can relate yto the characters and the songs and it has helped me realize i cant stay couped up in my room wasting away just because someone i cared for died, ok toooooooo much detail!!!!

This is a little sad so dont laugh

Anime has changed my life in so many different ways it gave me more friends, because if it wasn't for anime I wouldnt be friends with them, also it improved my knowledge by watching and listening closely, it help improve my drawing skills, also after watching FLCL I can't go a day without anime also it made me want to start learning how to play a guitar(and smack my friends a couple of times with it hehehehehehe)so I can have a good time when watching anime and learn how to play some of the songs on FLCL and other shows and after watching it made me like so of the characters like now I'm a little bit like Naota on FLCL and I act like other characters to

So to make a simple answer anime has changed my life alot

:D Anime changed the course of my life in a major way...

It gave me an obsession, which got me onto my course, where my tutor thiks I'm a (crazy) genius and I met my great boyfreind. I developed Blue, and started up Dragonstar, which combined with Final Fantasy, made me want to make an RPG, so I got into Klik Games and ok, I failed a major project when I tried to make the RPG, but, y'know...

It gave me many outlets for stress, watch anime, read manga/fanfiction, draw manga, write fanfiction, torture Trunks, torture Blue.

It also brought my all-important alter-egos into play, I stated caricaturing my freinds, then started on alter-egos (what they'd be if they were animes) Though they require me to constantly pester my friends for more detail about thier alte-egos, since I use them in fanfiction or in original stories (usually Dragonstar)

It gave me a major depression when ITV Digital/ On Digital went bust and I got major withdrawal from about ten animes after CITV decided to treat 'em like crap and move them around all the time.

Mostly, it made me different, it made me stand out from the crowd, since not many of my freinds (that I see very often) like anime, it lead me to Otakuboards, where (aside from certian people) I am treated with respect and I have a lot of fun and increase my knowledge and perspective of the world. It lead me to fanfiction, which helped me to develop my own characters even before I knew that making up a story about Cloud meeting Blue was called fanfiction.

It gave me a new and unique art style which noone can imitate perfectly, and it still does get me shours of 'WOW' from the other side of the room.

It also got me a rejection from a Gameboy company that contacted my tutor and got me let down by college web designers twice after they said they'd put my work/picture, on the site.

It got me into web design, so that I could make my own anime and fanfiction sites, which have evolved into sites to show my own work off. (all without being put onto the net...

It made me weirder that I already was (which is good, since where I'm from, 'normal' means Scalies, and Bullies, and Junkies and Gangster wannabe stoners)

It gave me new songs to sing, (Eyes On Me, Suteki Da Ne, and Melodies Of Life being my current favourites) By reading fanfiction, I also picked up odd words of Japanese (usually swear-words) which made me want to lern about Japan and Japanese (still working on that one)

I now have big ambitions to become writer/ anime/manga artist/ animator/ game designer/ all of the above... you get the idea

So yeah... it changed my life a lot. For the better. :D

[color=royal blue]Anime has changed my life in a few ways, though some of them aren't that significant. It's given me my own obsession, and it's taught me a lot of Japanese as well. Anime gives me something to read/watch when I'm bored, since it's a great source of entertainment for me.

The most significant type of anime that affected me though was yaoi, because it helped me accept myself and gave me characters to relate to.

So...anime did change me, slightly. Though I do think I would have accepted myself without its help, as well. Maybe not as quickly...but it wouldn't have taken that long.[/color]

Anime has changed my whole life! I used to think that anime was a waist of time... But then my younger brother started watching DragonBall Z and Rurouni Kenshin. I started to take an interest in those cartoons soon after. Now I'm a huge fan of all anime old and new, one of the best artist on my school thanks to the practice i acquired drawing anime characters, and my fav. anime cartoons are Rurouni Kenshin, YuYu Hakusho, InuYasha, Slayers, .HACK//, legen of Himiko, and many, many more.
In a way, anime is a major part of who i am, who i will become. I own a huge thanks to my brother who got me hooked on this wonderful cartoon style that offers more in depth detail, some adult humor, and a different way to express ideals and thoughts.