OtakuBoards

dexters lab

Lord Prozen

[color=royalblue][size=1]yea kind of a stupid thread but....does anybody watch dexters lab? i really like the show...well the OLD ones...they ruined the show with all the new episouds(sp?) they came out with. i mean they SUCK. the old ones are the best. what do you think of the show?[/size][/color]

[color=blood red][size=1][i]I haven't seen any of the new episodes, but I love the older one's. They are so funny. And some of the jokes are just pointless, so it makes it even funnier. I like it because of the humor.[/color][/size][/i]

There are really three groups I'd split the show up into, honestly. OLD Stuff, Middle Stuff and New Stuff. I prefered Middle Stuff.

I do love the show though. There are tons of great episodes.

My favorite is the one that looks like a coloring book. Some little kid narrates the story. Really just classic heh.

Does anyone know the name of that episode?

I liked the old ones too. The new ones have bad animation and rarely hav to do with the lab. The old ones were awesome with all the robot mecha action. The new ones probably werent thought up by Genndy Tartovasky since hes been spending more time on Samurai Jack which is my fav. american show so Im not complaining.

The new show are much better than the old. They look fresher and more modern. The old one's were so repetitive he would turn the screw driver but actually it was the same picture back and forth. On a different note I like Dee Dee way more than Dexter mainly because I have a nerd sister who has a laboratory and thinks she's smarter than me. Oh how fun it is to mess up her experiments.

Actually the creator is an anime fan. Gendy Tratovisky. Moving on...

I am not a huge fan of the show, but I think it is pretty good. Though the new ones like you all say are not the best. The plot of the cartoon is pretty interesting. All around it's pretty good. So I'm not much of a huge fan, but I still like it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]There are really three groups I'd split the show up into, honestly. OLD Stuff, Middle Stuff and New Stuff. I prefered Middle Stuff.

I do love the show though. There are tons of great episodes.

My favorite is the one that looks like a coloring book. Some little kid narrates the story. Really just classic heh.

Does anyone know the name of that episode? [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]it's called *flashing lights* "Dexter and Computress Get Mandark!" a six-year old recorded an idea for a Dexter episode complete with voices and such, and shipped it to the Cartoon Network people. so they kinda ran with the idea, and animated the episode to fit the voice. that one was great :toothy:.

I don't really like the new episodes for the most part. they're just a bit more perverted is all, without being nearly as funny as the previous episodes. the other stuff was awesome though. one of my favorite episodes is the one where the dad tries taking the muffins and imagines himself as being the Muffin King. and the one with that electronic parrot. and the one with Yhonny the Yanitor. and *is promptly shot*.[/FONT]

Genndy Tartakovsky is his name.

I think the show hit its prime animation wise a few years back. It got past the rough looking early years, and looked really good overall. The more recent ones almost seem too simplified. I watched a new one a while back after not seeing the show in a long time. It looked really off, so I figured it was an older one. I was surprised to see it was only from 2002. There's an obvious change.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]it's called *flashing lights* "Dexter and Computress Get Mandark!" a six-year old recorded an idea for a Dexter episode complete with voices and such, and shipped it to the Cartoon Network people. so they kinda ran with the idea, and animated the episode to fit the voice. that one was great :toothy:.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

You are the love of my life. Thank you.

[FONT=arial]yeah that's right, I forgot about that one!

[color=deeppink]Deedee: Helloooo, dear brother! What have you got there?[/color]
[color=darkblue]Dexter: Nothing, nothing, you only see air![/color]
[color=deeppink]Deedee: Doooon't be silly, I love you very much.[/color] *crash of machinery* [color=deeppink]I guess I shouldn't touch![/color]

I love that Craig dude, too. he and Genndy are both up there. didn't Genndy work on the Powerpuff Girls a bit, too? [/FONT]

[quote]Genndy was director and writer for several Powerpuff Girl episodes. I don't know how many honestly. He was also producer in at least one that I know of.
[/quote][FONT=arial]heh, that would make sense, the two coolest Cartoon Network people working on the two coolest Cartoon Network shows. no wonder why they're so awesome ^_^. Dexter's Lab would have to beat out Powerpuff Girls by a short bit though, since it's got more variety and such. and I love Dexter's voice for some reason, lol. used to be able to do a pretty decent Dexter voice a couple of years ago, don't know what happened to it.
[/FONT]

[quote]Anyone see the PPG Movie? It had a Dexter episode in it before the movie started. It was a good one too! Dexter had the chicken pox! It was great, so was the movie! I love them both. I have the PPG CD, do they have one for dexter?[/quote]
[FONT=arial]I did see the PPG movie after it came out on DVD. and fell asleep while watching it :sleep:. some of it was good, but meh. I don't remember any Dexter episode though. you mean a Dexter CD, or movie? I don't think there's gonna be a movie, but they do have a CD. from bits I've heard of it though, it sounds like garbage.[/FONT]

Craig McCraken (creator of PPG) was the art director of Dexter's Lab back in the good 'ol "middle stuff" years. That's why the animation for Powerpuff Girls looks so much like the older animation for Dexter's Lab.

Lately, for whatever reasons, McCraken has stepped down and some new guy is the art director. Needless to say, nobody likes the new art style. On top of that, Tartakovsky is barely (if at all) working on the show, so episodes are completely odd and uninteresting.

However, I do like a few of the newer episodes. The Mom cartoon where she beats the crap out of the other housewife in the store was funny. And the story of how Mom and Dad met was a nice 80s flashback. The Dad cartoon where he was home alone was kinda lame, but I cracked-up when he started copying Flashdance.