OtakuBoards

Question bout Spike Spiegel *spoilers*

Cmndr.Bradley

wow... Are you *sure* you want to ask that question? I mean, jeez... If I hadn't seen the end of the series, I would beg, borrow, or steal that disc, before I went looking for spoilers!

Or... wait, are you asking for interpretations of the last episode, which you've already seen?

Pls clarify! ?_?

Well if you really want to know, [spoiler] Spike just collapses on the ground from all the wounds he got and then says "Bang" basically meaning he's done. Whether or not he dies is basically up to the viewer, but from what i could gather Spike is dead. If you recall he says the word "Bang" when he kills the kid from Sympathy from the Devil. Thats sorta a clue. Anywho he did what he wanted to accomplish: He found Julia and defeated Vicious. He now believes he has no reason to live and it was now his time to die. Even the Indian chief kinda gives it away as well throughout the series that Spike well eventually die after fulfilling his duties. So im safe to say he died. [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah, it's pretty clear that he did indeed die. However, considering the theme of "living in a dream" that was so common in the series, and that Spike survived his first "death" at the hands of Vicious, that could well be a different way to interpret it, that he somehow survived that one too.[/spoiler]

Will we see a sequel series with him as the main character? [spoiler]Probably not, but with the popularity of the first and the possible money to be made from a sequel series, one never knows. [/spoiler]