OtakuBoards

Street Life: Turmoil on Main street

Frankie

Adrianne watched jack walk off... how usual it was of him. She did not mind because she always knew he would be back soon. Adrianne sighed and leaped from her branch. She was off for a day of work. Again this was something the others did not know... SHe carried a small job just so she could help out the others in time of need. She walked in the backdoor of the old used book store and met the owner.

"He..he..hello? Ah mister Worchester... I was hoping i wasnt early..." Adrianne put her hair back in a pony tail quickly and got to sorting books.

"Ah..what happened to your hand young miss?" The older man looked at her hand with his one clear eye...

"Just an Honor thing..." Adrianne says trying to wave off the subject...

"Uh... thats the fourth time this month adrianne... you must really have some honor issues... hahah.. Might i suggest you read one of our fantasy books... Acronas world is a good one... or perhaps the dolphins of pern? Im sure they might help" The old man joked

"No thanks sir... I just have osme things botheirng me thats all..."

"Oh young miss? What would that be?"

"I heard the news about the city board wanting to turn the park into one huge gravel pit and put any of us that they find will be sent to live in schools and such.. i heard they will begin work prolly in the next 2 months..."

"Oh... i think i heard that...yes yes! Quite a sadning thing... You all seemed pretty happy back there a few weeks ago..."

"Yes sir... kinda horrible actually... there is a single new gang around and we just got a taste of their ideas last night... they want our park i guess... and then i witnessed a strange strange...exchange as well... but they werent gangs..."

"Mob" he said bluntly

"Oh sir! To many mystery and police books for you! Im sure it seems like that but i doubt it... " Adrianne shuts up as someone enters the store... "Hello miss... if there is anything you are looking for... please feel free to ask me.."

adrianne began to think [i] hmm i cant keep this job... and i cant sit around anymore...[/i]

a few hours passed and her little ibt of work was over. She left quickly and snuck back to her branch. Where she remained for a while.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic