OtakuBoards

Street Life: Turmoil on Main street

Frankie

Akasuki sits on the ground and pulls out an bottle of water. She takes a sip of it and closes her eyes. " Adrianne ,D'ya need Maike to Stand guard? He can if ya want" Maike nips at Michael's hand. Michael grabs the stick and twirls it. " Hey Aka, Is he a purebred?"
Clyde grabs a bottle of gatorade and smiles "Thank you. "

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Like i would know." Aki answered to Michael.
"Ah. Thats what i thought." Michael said back.

the sun started to rise on the city slowly. the sun didn't make a difference. the skyscrapers blocked the suns rays anyways. It just ment less privacy for the members of the group. Just another day...

(( It is Night time Daigo it's aorund 2 in the morn))

Aka Suki speaks " Wait I think he is let me check" She pulls her wallet out and pulls a sheet of paper. " Yeah He is. I remember this cause I got him frm a lady who was selling them..."
Michael shakes his head

"I smell food," muttered Nami, crawling out of the shadows in the park. She saw the gang from earlier: tossing a stick to a dog, eating, lying on tree branches...
The smell of cigarette smoke fill her nose. "Egh...I hate when people smoke. Free country I guess."
She stood up and made her way over to the oak tree. Her stomach felt uncomfterble with being around teenagers, but she finally worked up the courage.
"Chips, Gatoraide, cigarrettes, although I highly doubt you smoke," said Adrianne. "Help yourself. People like us are always welcome."
Nami grinned and, without a word, snatched up two bags of chips and a slightly cold Gatoraide. While she muched on the chips, the dog whom she had seen eariler came up.
"Nof dowgie. 'an't et uu have ese. Mi ood," said Nami through mouthfulls of chips. The dog cocked its head, confused.
"Aw, he can eat," said Akasuki, scratching the dog on his (is it a guy?) head. Nami swallowed.
"Cute dog. I remember having one. That's when I was little."
"You are little."
"Shut up."

Ooc: everyone is asleep or quiet... its like 3-4 hours till morning and adrianne is half way across the park alone... i said a long while ago it was past midnight.. please read carefully
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrianne looked around. She looked across the lake and noticed movement by the tree but ignored it knowign it was either the ones who couldnt sleep or D-Bear staggering around. The only thing adrianne worried about was D-Bear fallign into the lake and drowning in his drunkeness. She watched for a while and noticed the size wasnt d-bear so she went back to concentrating.

"One day hes gonne get drunk and wander in front of a car.... then he will be a permanent hood ornament... what will he do then..." Adrianne mummbles to herself.

((Yes it is a guy))
Akasuki begins to drowze off to sleep. " If you want him to guard... Give him Sugar. He'll be more attentive than the males will ever be" Akasuki yawns as she points to D-Bear and Michael. Michael crosses his arms "I resent that. I'm smarter than that mutt". Maike Growls at being called a mutt

Adrianne watched them from on the other side of the lake. She knew jack had a point. Putting everyone in danger and stealing food for a living ever day... just seemed wrong. Jack was right... more and more proples kept ariseing. Just last week adrianne caught wind that the community shop owners want the park torn apart and the kids taken to homes. Adrianne jsut had no guts to tell them what she heard. She sighed at the thought of it.

Then there were the gangs they had run off... more and mroe gangs wanted their turf. Now a new gang was in town and it truely posed a threat. Adrianne stayed a little worried but never let it show. She always kept a straight face and was good at that. She prefered stealing food and living on her own terms and by her own rules... but something just started not feeling right. Like she was being invaded...

Akasuki mumbles as she curls into a ball " Smething is going to happen. Bad things." Maike lays by her

D-Bear and Michael look at Akasuki and Maike "I swear She's been around animals too long. She friggin sleeps like one and sometimes acts like one."

Maike scowls at Michael as it trying to say " Dont EVER call me a mutt again and Leave Kailen ((Aka's nickname)) alone"

Clyde sighs as he sips his gatorade " How have you surived this long Adrianne... I mean all of you"

"I'm sleepy. "Michael said as he walked over under a tree and fell asleep with is hoodie titghtened around his face so you could no longer see it. He slept for a good while.

D-Bear and CLyde did the same, butr Clyde kept one eye open for aobut an hour, Scared avbout the gang. he had to be aware....

[size=1][color=ff66cc][i]Alex grabbed her bag and dumped out more food. She was a 24 hour person. She didn't sleep that much. She searched through the clutter of food and found three small bags of dogfood for the dogs.

She poured them into their bowls that she had gotten from the house. She pat their heads and watched them eat. The hawk eyed the park looking for any mice or rodents. It flew from Alex's shoulder and circled the park.

Alex walked over to a large willow tree. Its branches widen out more than most branches. So that the middle of it all is like a huge platform. She climbed the rope that led to the tree and sat on the platform. There was a large gap in the branches where she could see the stars. This was something she liked to do.

She got up and figured she'd go for a walk. She jumed down and saw that the dogs were sleeping where everyone else was. She walked towards the old brick wall. She walked to the other side, where it led to the Old Warehouse. Something was wrong. A large hole had been busted in where the wall was. She heard voices and wondered if they were the same voices from the gang that she saw earlier.

Alex backed away and caused a loud commotion but jumped onto the top and lied down on top of it. She waited for them to come out and check what it was and leave. But luckily no one came and so she was safe. She left the area and went back to the willow tree.[/size][/color][/i]

Maike looks at Adrianne with pleading eyes as in trying to say " please give me sugar.... I'll be a good dog I swear. I'll guard"

Adrianne eyes the sleeping Akasuki She smiles "Fine but odnt tell her." Adrianne give Maike 3 candy bars.Maike devours them and stands at attention

Maike suddenly starts to growl and bark furiously

ooc: can you guys get the fact adrianne is alone on the other side of the park?
-----------------------------------------------------

Adrianne stood up...the sound of a dog barking got her to attention. She looked around carefully and her mind seemed to turn on and begin its sonar for info. She looked in the direction the dog was looking and noticed some shadowy figures in the Park Alley...again.

Adrianne almost let out her own growl but bolted into a bush. She crept closer to the alley behind bushes. She then looked hard into the shadows. It looked like those same thugs again... [i]what on earth were they going[/i] adrianne thought.. then noticed someone else appeard out of nowhere.

One man had a briefcase and the other had a small thermos like thing. THe two men in the middle of the groups steped up to each otehr and made an exchange. THe dog kept barking but the men ignored it. Once the exchange was made the goones adrianne helped boot before ran off. THe men with their new thermos noded and mummbled to each other and walked off.

"Money was in the the briefcase...sooo they payed for a thermous.." Adrianne laughs

"Its whats inside that counts.... isnt that what you always say eh adrianne?" Jack suddenly appears and nudges her

"About personality... but i dont care whats inthe dumb thermos...im sure they do though.. what do you think it in there..diamonds...drugs? My guess is a bunch of tiny diamonds but who knows... it aint my buisness" Adriann turned around and sat down. SHe leaned up against the bush... "none my buisness unless they make it my buisness"

"and when is it your buisness" jack asks

"When they all step right onto my turf and wave guns around... then its my buisness.... because i would rather keep everyone here safe.. not full of un natural holes" Adrianne sighs

OOC: Okay, sorry bout that. It was one of those things where you type up something but then somebody else posts before you...yeah.
-----
"This is not the place for me," Nami mumbles, picking herself up from the ground. She made her way over to the side of the park (the one opposite Adrianne and Jack), near the Pawn Shop.
The retractable knife was in her hand and she kept flicking out the blade. It was still sleek, even though she had stolen it from the Pawn Shop, and reminded Nami of how she became where she was.
"Am I crazy?" she asked herself. "Yes, yes I am. What - who do I think I am, just going up to some gang with years of experience of living on the streets? They've been in tons more fights then me, that's for sure. Not to mention the fact that their way older than me."
In a huff she crossed onto Main Street, stuffing her cold hands into her pockets. She heard the normal sound of negotiaters, arguing on what the price would be. Nami remembered the days she had been a part of a group like that - when she was ten and had no where to go.
Shrugging off memories of her past, she went over to the Japanese Flower shop and crossed over to the ally. There she laid down and slept, waiting for what the next day would bring.

[b]Jack-[/b] "Your turf... Your beginning to sound just like the gangs that continue to threaten us... But there's one big difference." She smiled slightly and looked at him.

[b]Adrianne-[/b] "What's that?" Jack looked directly at her, eyes twinkling and a huge smile plastered onto his face.

[b]Jack-[/b] "We're smarter. We won't provoke. We will only defend." He stood and brushed a bit of dirt from the seat of his pants. "They looked more along the lines of buisiness men than thugs. My guess is that we have more than one new threat on our hands." His face fell slightly as he looked back at Adrianne. "I know you will fight if they force you to... But I want to ask you not to... I don't know what I... We would do without you." He broke into a run and began crossing the park back to the oak.

[size=1][color=ff66cc][i]Alex sat in the willow tree looking up at the stars. She wondered whether or not she should join the gang or not. She liked being along and occasionaly meeting up with Adrianne, D-Bear, Akasuki, and the others. She just didn't know if she wanted to be with them all the time. There were a lot of things on her mind.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep facing the stars. During her sleep, she had a vision of some sort.[/i]

-Dream Sequence-
[i]Alex was sitting on top of tree branch, when she heard someone walking towards where she was sitting. She looked around and saw a a group of guys in thug-like clothes. Alex snickered and they looked up.

She jumped down and walked away. They ran over in front of her and stopped her. She looked at them innocently and flittered her eyes.

She wanted to walk away, but they offered her an interview with their boss. She tried to refuse, but she followed. Once she got there, the boss looked vaguely familiar. He looked like her older brother. She tried to talk, but no words came out. The boss said many things, but she couldn't respond. Everything went blurry and hazy.[/i]
-End Dream Sequence-

[i]Alex woke up sweating and breathing heavily. She climbed the tree branches and sat up on the top branches. She looked out and smelt the cool night breeze. She looked around and saw two figures walking through the night. She wondered who they were, then soon figured out that it was Adrianne. She stayed where she was, so as not to bother her.[/i][/size][/color]

ooc: Sorry guys, sorry i aint posted in such a long time. I've caught up on reading...
_____

[i]D-Bear awoke in the most awkard and painful position he has ever had the "pleasure" to be introduced to. He woke up with his face flat against a huge pointy rock, his left arm twisted behind his back, his right leg twisted left-wards and his right leg hunched up near his chest. He stood up cracking every bone in his body. Adrianne was right, he did have a bad hangover but they had started to become "normal". He dragged himself over to the bench and slammed himself down on it, Maike was running around frantic infront of him. He ran over to D-Bear and started to lick his bleeding knuckles. D-Bear never noticed the pain until just then, he must have did it during the fight Adrianne spoke about. He stood up and decided to play about with the dog. The two looked like stupid animals as they wrestling about on the grass. One minute D-Bear is the mature silent smoker, then he is the horride fighting beast and then he is the loud playful kid.

Maike was having almost as much fun as D-Bear himself when both of them noticed a shifty character in the distance. Both of them, with identical facial features and body expressions bounded towards the figure. D-Bear tackled the target to the floor and wrapped his baseball bat fingers around his throat.[/i]

D-Bear: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU *****?!

[i]The small dirty teenager gasped for a breath as he tried to grab the knife that Maike ripped from his hand.[/i]

??: WHO-T-THE HELL ARE *gasp* YOU!!

[i]D-Bear exploded tightening his grip, the viens were pumping furiously from his neck. Maike sniffed at the guys pocket and pulled out 2 packets of white powder.[/i]

D-Bear: So your some wise *** dealer trying to rip off peeps on our turf huh? You trying to stir things up over here? Huh? HUH??!?

[i]He cracked his face full force. With a spray of blood, D-Bear picked him up and threw him down the alley.[/i]

D-Bear: Get the hell outta here punk!

[i]Maike and D-Bear both turned back to tell everyone that it's ok, he could see some of them running over already. Suddenly, Maike emmited a huge yelp, as D-Bear swung around he saw the dealer already in mid spree towards him with a knife held high. He pulled down the knife slashing his right side of his face. As D-Bear hit the floor the dealer raised it high above his head once again to drive it down, but this time right into D-Bear's chest.

Lucky Maike jumped onto the dealer's back ripping at the back of his neck. The guy screamed in pain, Maike wasn't taking **** from nobody and he was especially not taking a boot to the face from this guy. This gave time for D-Bear to pull himself to his feet and pounce on the guy and beat the living daylights out of him. By this time the blood was pouring out of both of their faces. The punches he threw were getting heavier and harder, he felt the guys face crush beneath every knuckle. Just at this time the other guys had reached the alley and had seen the whole thing from a distance...[/i]

Akasuki Yells " D-Bear! Maike! You okay?" She runs over and sees D-bear bleeding. Maike rubs up agianst Akasuki. She pets him. " Thanks Boy. You are a good help."

She attempts to pick up D-bear. " Damn you are hard to pick up." She herself gets bloody but she shrugs it off. She yells " Get me bandages. Quick!"

Maike growls at the attacker. He jumps upon him and bares his fangs. He growls intensely

Adrianne heard the comotion but stood a little shocked and confused, [i] "I know you will fight if they force you to... But I want to ask you not to... I don't know what I... We would do without you." [/i] ...."I wonder what he meant by that... i think theres a hidden message.. heh.. Ill worry about it later..."

Adrianne made her way to the all the noise. She glared and watched the guy brawling with d-bear runn off finaly. The guy hardly had the strength to run though. D-Bear was going to go after him but adrianne held him back.

"Wha?" D-Bear blinks

"Remember we only fight when prevoked... we dont chase... Pluse the more we end up fighting the more others will find out... Meaning the cops might find out and then poof our little life is gone.. i have news for you people that you guys dont know yet. i was to afraid to tell you!" Adrianne sighs... again the words [i]"I know you will fight if they force you to... But I want to ask you not to... I don't know what I... We would do without you."[/i] replayed in her head...

By now the sun was coming up and the smell of morning got intense. The restraunts and shops all lit up and the smell of fresh food sifted through the air vents on the walls of the restraunts. Cars were heard now and some signs of human life was seen in the ally. The shop keepers near there left their trash there for the garbadge man to pick up on thursday.

"Great...fun..." Adrianne mummbles "Ill get the bandages..."

Adrianne bolted back to the tree and got some stuff from her stash. She came back and cleaned D-Bear up a little and put the bandages on nice and tight. She sighed... "Hmm"

[size=1][color=ff66cc][i]Alex woke up to the sound of screaming. She looked over and saw that D-Bear got slashed to the face. She shook her head and went back to sleep. Instead of sleeping, she felt a sudden warmth around her. She opened her eyes to see two pairs of big, beautiful, brown puppies' eyes. She grinned and got up. She jumped down with the dogs and grabbed their bowls. She got the water bowl and dogs' bowls and filled it with water and food. She grinned as they ate. She looked up and saw that Veritas was already hunting.

She walked over to where the others huddled around and saw that there was a big gash on the right side of D-Bear's face. Somehow, people that get hurt makes Alex laugh. Even when she gets hurt, she laughs. It helps people relax and not tense up.

"Puahahahah! Dude, I can't believe you went for that loser drugee. Man...well, like I always say, "Don't start the fight, end it." But somehow, you always seem to start it. Man...hey, it's gonna be alright. Listen, before putting on the bandages, you might want to clean the wound. Trust me. If you don't, it'll get infected and it'll get all ***** and and swollen and we migh even have to go to the hospital...or worse...go up main street."

[i]The others looked at her weirdly and just started to giggle, chuckle, or try not to laugh. D-Bear sat there chuckling his big self off. Alex stood there smiling. She saw that Ace and King were done eating and so she clapped her hands and they came running. She whistled for Veritas and she put her arm straight out so that Veritas could come and perch on her shoulder.

Alex grinned yet again and and walked away.[/i][/size][/color]

Michael awoke. He cjecked his cheap watch. It was 1:30 pm. He looked around and saw D-Bear bandaged up and awake. He walked over to him and asked what happened, and D-Bear explained. "a dealer, huh?"

"Yeah, he was selling some bad stuff, yo." D-Bear answered.

"Hmmm." Which direction did he go?" Michael asked. D-Bear pointed over into an alley way. Michael started to walk towards it.

"Hold up! I'm going with you." D-Bear said to Michael as he slwly raised up and started to follow him.

Adrianne stepped in front of both of them "Hold it right there...what did i just get done telling you... NO~! Once they run we do NOT chase.... If they want to be cowards let them. We dont need them leading us into a trap you hear me!?" Adrianne yells with a still straight face "No more for tonight... LEAVE IT BE... like i said earlier... i have news for all of you and its more important then a druggie... plus i dont...think it was drugs i watched some wierd stuff while most of you snored your heads off... Leave the idiot alone and calm down"

Adrianne growled for the first time in a long while, "If you guys start acting dumb like they are we wont last long... the go after their prey...WE are only to defend ourselves... but if you want to break that little rule.. then you can leave the park and go live somewhere else... this is sapposed to a be a small calm haven and if you go after.. you only lower yourself to those guys level..."

Adrianne pulled out her knife and slit the palm of her hand. She let the blood pool up a little and then she lifted her hand and thrust it downwards sending the pool of blood to the ground. She then flipped her hair and walked back towards the tree.

"If you do go after him.. hear this... i will not trust you as i had before... The fight is over leave it at that... or prepare to be on your own..." With that she walked back to the tree and climbed up to her branch.

"You need to clean that and bandage it..." Jack says suddenly out of nowhere

"Dont care"

"It could get infected..." He says bluntly

"Dont care"

Jack then thinks to himself [i] Hmm... i wonder whats up with her... shes never done something like this before... i wonder what she is hiding..."[/i]

Adrianne stared at her hand as the flood flow slowed down and her hand became numb. She glared off into space afraid of how they might react. She was sure they would all ditch her now after the way she just snapped at them... but now she wasnt sure what to do. She was sorry but apologiseing wasnt her style...neither was showing her feelings...except the feeligns of anger. Thats all she could seem to let out...and didnt understand why.

She glanced up at the sky... it was now almost sun rise. She could see the color begin to spread across the sky. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes. Things were in deed getting to dangerous for her to keep her secret much longer.

Jack sighed as he walked across the park. The sun was just beginning to send it's rays of orange light over the horizon. Another day of light. He would dissapear again untill about seven that night. It's how it always was. He wasn't much of a day person. Didn't hold a job. Didn't have schooling. He just walked where no one else did.
Creeks. Abandoned buildings. Bad neighborhoods. Anywhere where people didn't know him. He liked to be alone to refect on his thoughts and his wasted life. But this life was better thn the life he had led. A life that was surrounded by smoke and chemicals. His father was a meth-head. His mom, a heroin addict. He prefered the park much more to the strange smoke and needles that filled the house.
But something was wrong...
There had been far to much alien activity in the park lately. People that were new... And 'bad news'. Drug dealers... Weapons smugglers... And probably more than one organized crime group...
And we were losing...
Losing the park, piece by piece.
Losing our only remaining foothold in the world.
And there was Adrianne. She had been acting rather strangely for a week or so. She had a secret. No one would be able to get it out of her. She would have to relinquish it willingly. It was hurting her. Driving her to act strangely and hurt herself.
And it worried him most of all...

He walked. Out of the park and down Mainstreet, in search of todays place of hiding.