OtakuBoards

The importance of being....(insert name here)

duorocks17

[COLOR=crimson]Have you ever wondered what your name meant????[/COLOR] Well, I have taken the liberty to look up some popluar anime names. Let's start with Trigun: Knives...
"The name of Knives creates a very aggressive and independent nature, one with big ambitions, giving you original, progressive, large-scale ideas, salesmanship and promotional ability as well as the excellent business judgment which enables you to gain the financial accumulation to which you feel entitled. You have a versatile, restless nature, and could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks. You are seldom satisfied and are always seeking something new. However, you do not know the meaning of relaxation, for when supposedly resting, your mind is forever active, planning out some new project or seeking new ways to improve your present enterprise. You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself. "

I think it fits him perfectly!!!
:love:

Look up your favorite character and post their meaning here!

Here's the link:
[COLOR=darkblue][URL=http://www.kabalarians.com/]http://www.kabalarians.com/[/URL] [/color]

Vash happens to be my favorite.
Here's what they say about him:
Your first name of Vash has given you a quick, analytical mind. You are creative, versatile, and imaginative. However, independence, positivity and the urge for action and progress are such strong forces in your nature that you find it difficult to control them. You feel happy as long as headway is being made, but as soon as you are obstructed or your individuality and freedom of action are restricted, you experience an intense nervous reaction. Moods of depression can result during which you become caustic and belligerent in your attitude toward everyone, especially to those in closest association with you. Routine, monotony, and the responsibility of looking after details can have a similar effect on you, as you are a person who desires change, travel, and new experiences. In order to gain greater congeniality in your personal associations, you need to cultivate a more relaxed manner, greater generosity, understanding, and tolerance, and, above all, you need to avoid being too outspoken and self-opinionated.

Not quite as close, huh?

I also looked up Meryl's. It's quite a bit better:
The influence of Meryl makes you positive, self-assertive, and independent. You can be creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, such as handicrafts. When you have the opportunity to pursue your own goals and interests free from interference, you can feel very agreeable and express a buoyant optimism. On the other hand, you can be impulsive and forceful when opposed, and act without due forethought and discretion. Hence you have many bitter experiences and generally rather unsettled conditions in your life, with little progress and financial accumulation. You cannot tolerate any domination by others, or circumstances that restrict your freedom and independence. You are inclined to make changes abruptly in your life as an escape from such conditions. When annoyed or offended, you can be very candid and sarcastic in your speech. Many disruptions in friendship and association have thus resulted. Verbal expression is difficult for you, and you can be forthright in situations requiring delicacy, even though it is not your intention to be.

I looked up Artemis, but it's not at all what the Greek goddess is.
What kind of crap is this?!?!
(I love you Duorocks17!!) lol ^_^

[color=teal][size=1]I dont know why but this topic strikes me as interesting. Here are my favorite characters analysis.

[b]Kurei[/b]
Your name of Kurei gives you the desire for success and financial accumulation and the confidence and drive to go after your ambitions, regardless of obstacles. Your thinking revolves around business and ways of making money, rather than on music, art, drama, or philosophy. You start new endeavours and incorporate new ideas, but seldom if ever receive the full benefits and financial accumulation for your efforts. You tend to feel very frustrated in being unable to realize your ambitions fully. An extremely independent and self-sufficient person, you dislike taking orders or advice from anyone. You believe in speaking directly and to the point, so you are candid and abrupt. Many friendships are lost because of your directness. Those in close association complain that you are not inclined to observe and return acts of kindness, compassion, or affection. You would be a firm parent and your children would be well-disciplined, but you would find it difficult to get close to them and to show compassion and affection.
That sounds just about like Kurei from Flame of Recca.

[b]Gene Starwind[/b]
Your first name of Gene has given you a very practical, hard-working, systematic nature. Your interests are focused on technical, mechanical, and scientific things, to the exclusion of interests of an artistic, musical, or social nature. You have a rather skeptical outlook on life and rather materialistic standards. In reaching your goals, you are very independent and resourceful, patient and determined. You can be so very positive and definite in your own ideas and opinions that others sense a lack of tact and friendliness in your manner of expression. You are inclined to be rather demanding and self-centred in your personal wants, and your own desires can be so overriding that you fail to recognize or appreciate the feelings, opinions, or desires of others. As a consequence, difficulties in relations within the family or with close associates can arise.
Hmmm, I Guess that would work.

And for my final favorite character. It doesn't even have Shagia Frost... mneh ok forget it then. Cool site though.

[/color][/size]

Let's try this one on...Lupin.

Brief Analysis

Your name of Lupin creates a very expressive, versatile, and spontaneous nature. You are happiest when you are associating with people and participating in activities with others. Your name gives you a desire to sing, dance, and have a good time. This name makes you very idealistic, emotional, and temperamental, liking to do things on the spur-of-the-moment and disliking being repressed or held down to monotonous detail. A lack of concentration makes it difficult to establish stable, secure conditions in your business life. In order to bring out the higher side of your nature, you should develop your artistic and creative talents.

Dang. That nearly fits Lupin to a t.

• 3 months later...
I tried "Strongbad" just for the heck of it. Here's what it says:
As Strongbad you have a great love of nature and the out-of-doors, and could have a desire to be in an occupation which takes you outdoors and involves you with the products of the earth. All the finer things of life and beauties of nature are an inspiration to you and you are attracted to the mysteries of nature. Difficulty in expression results in your being too positive, blunt, and candid in speech. Although you are easily offended by others, you do not show it. You crave affection and understanding, but rarely find it as others do not understand you and accuse you of being cool and aloof.

If you'd been to homestarrunner.com you would know that this is completely opposite to his character. It made me laugh... :laugh:
~art~

Eh. I realize that this is all in good fun, but I really don't have much faith in the predictions of kabalarians.com.

Anime names are often chosen specifically to evoke a certain emotion, recall an old legend, or to give the viewer cause to make assumptions about a particular character. Take Knives, since he was already mentioned--doesn't his very name imply a certain brutality and ruthlessness?

In the show RahXephon, many enemies are called by musical terms (such as falsetto and sforzando). These naturally have something to do with the specific enemy's nature.

Likewise, Gundam Wing features numerous characters whose names are related to various numbers (I verified this by way of theOtaku.com ^_^). "Une" means one. "Duo" means two. "Trowa" means three, and so on. Does this shed light upon those people's personalities? Not necessairily, but it makes for some interesting speculation.

~Dagger~

I ried Soujirou, heres what it says:
The name of Soujirou creates a very passive, easy-going, friendly nature. You love people and desire to get along with everyone you meet. Your desire for sociability and the pleasant things in life makes you too easily influenced through your associations. You have imagination and many ideas but you lack the drive or initiative to put these into effect. It is difficult for you to say "no" and mean it or to carry through with any commitments you have made. This name makes you too lackadaisical. The influence of this name is to lack practicality, system and order, organizing ability, astuteness, and the ability to make decisions and act upon them.
heh, okay, I guess thats true enough. but Sou-kun does what ever Shishio tells him, and Soujirou is quite a prefectioness in some cases too. so it isn't that accurate. ...I don't know what 'lackcaisical' means ^^;;

and a weird thing: that said the same thing for Souji, the guy who Soujirou was based on. and Soujirou was Okita's original name too...

Then I tried Kaede (which is my frist name too)
Although your name of Kaede gives you a good appreciation of material values, business ability, and skill in organizing and managing others, your success is limited at times, by a lack of self-confidence and initiative. This name brings out a practical, composed quality, with a strong desire for a good standard of living in an environment where you are in contact with distinguished, successful people. You try to further your interests through pursuing the association of people with influence.

...fits me... but not the anime characters named Kaede ^^;

I did Rei Ayanami from Evangelion:
The name Rei gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary. You can work intently at whatever is new and holds your interest at the moment, but your interest wanes quickly when drudgery and monotony set in. Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious. You can then become intolerant of others, and caustic and belittling in your expression, thereby imposing stress on your personal relationships.

Probably?

Haruko from FLCL:
Your name of Haruko gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour. Your ideas can be very original and inventive. You enjoy being with people in a social environment. Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others. Your pleasant manner attracts people to you with their problems and you are capable of offering practical advice, though you may not follow such advice yourself. This name causes you to be somewhat too concerned with the personalities, problems, and activities of other people.

Eh?

And, I love this. I typed in Pie for the heck of it and I got this:
Your first name of Pie has given you a quick, active mind, which has caused you to delve into many different ideas and theories. You have a desire for association with people and, since you have no difficulty in being spontaneous and expressive with others, you have considerable ability for discussion and debate. You enjoy unexpected opportunities for meeting people, or doing things on the spur of the moment. Where you have difficulty is in organizing and systematizing the handling of your responsibilities. Though you can work on any undertaking intently as long as it absorbs your interest, you cannot persevere when confronted by obstacles or by tedious monotony. Thus your success in your undertakings is limited.

[size=1][b]Hitomi -[/b] As Hitomi you are rather serious-minded, responsible, and stable. You have the gift of tact and diplomacy, and possess a charming, easy-going nature which endears you to others. You have a serious desire to understand the heart and mind of everyone, and could be very effective in a career or in volunteer work where you are handling people and serving in a humanitarian way. This name also gives you a love of home and family, and as a parent you would likely be fair and understanding.

[b]Van -[/b] Your first name of Van creates individuality, independence, self-confidence, initiative, and an inclination to physical activity. You are not inclined to merge your opinions and viewpoints with others, to accept compromise, or to work in a subservient position against your will. Your expression is invariably quite direct and candid. Others find it difficult to accept your domineering and, at times, argumentative manner.

[b]Dagger -[/b] [i][heeheehee][/i] Your name of Dagger gives you a clever mind, good business judgment, a sense of responsibility, and an appreciation of the finer things of life. You are serious-minded and not inclined to make light of things even in little ways, and in your younger years you had more mature interests than others your age. Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends. Whatever you set out to accomplish you do your very best to complete in accordance with what you consider to be right.

Okay, in all seriousness, Dagger is - of course - right. This Kabbawhatshisface is just full of crap. It's fun, but that's all.[/size]

[b]Goku[/b]
The name of Goku makes you very idealistic, sensitive, and inspirational. If these qualities are not understood and properly directed through music, art, or other creative expression, you could become jealous and possessive of those close to you. Your feelings are so strong that you are inclined to build your life around certain individuals and become wrapped up in personal love rather than seeking into the deeper truths of life; thus you could suffer losses in your affections and shattered ideals. You are generous and people are drawn to you because of your friendly and sympathetic nature.

[b]Vegeta[/b]
Your name of Vegeta gives you the desire to understand and help others with their problems but, at the same time, you can become too involved in their problems and, as a result, worry too much. This name creates a pleasant, easy-going, yet responsible nature. It gives you a natural ability to express affection to those close to you, without feelings of embarrassment. You tend to avoid issues, however, and put off until tomorrow the things which should be done today. Accordingly, you would find difficulty in achieving success in positions requiring aggressiveness and drive.

Vegeta isn't as close.

I decided to go with the three on my banner as they are three of my favorite chacters

1. Chloe(Noir)

"Your name of Chloe gives you a very idealistic but passive outlook on life. You appreciate music, drama, and the arts and could excel in these fields. You desire culture and all the comforts of life but you are inclined to daydream and not bring your ideas to fulfilment. Although you would like to do many things, procrastination undermines your accomplishment and success in life because of insecurity. You do not like to create issues and will do anything to avoid conflicts. Making decisions is difficult for you without the support and approval of others. This name gives you a very sensitive nature, making you feel much that you do not understand"

That is only right in one place.

Alexander(Hellsing)-

"Your first name of Alexander makes you extremely generous. You have a bubbling, spontaneous nature and a happy-go-lucky outlook which helps smooth the pathway of life. Also you are sympathetic to the needs of others. Interested in art, music, singing, dancing, and anything of an artistic nature, you could become a very fine performer. Your spontaneous expression stands you in good stead during arguments or debates, though you are perhaps too outspoken and inclined to sarcasm. "

Wow that was was not even close

Vicious-

"The name of Vicious has given you a strong desire for success and all the amenities of affluence. You pursue your undertakings on a grand scale, based on your business acumen and ability to visualize an overall plan. Your enthusiasm, aggressiveness, and salesmanship are often sufficient to bring about fulfillment of your ambitions. However, in the attempt to impress others with the scope of your success, you can over-extend your resources to the point that you have inadequate means to cover your basic expenses. There are times when you would be advised to start in a smaller way, and gradually reach your desired level of success through perseverance, patience, and attention to details. When things are going well, you have a generous, magnanimous nature, ready to offer support and assistance to others. "

Uhh...I don't think so

I guess I'll do a few others

Ceres(Hellsing)

"Your first name of Ceres has given you energy, drive, and ambition, but also an almost excessively strong-willed and independent nature. While you are creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, and always ready to initiate and promote new undertakings, you often experience difficulty in bringing your undertakings to a successful conclusion because of your own changing interests or changing circumstances. "

It kinda works

Bruce(Batman)

"Your name of Bruce has made you practical, systematic, and thorough. This name encourages the expression of leadership and organizational skills, shrewdness, and analytical ability. You are mathematically adept and have great patience with work of a detailed nature such as bookkeeping, accounting, or technical research. Particular about your material possessions, you keep everything you own in a good state of repair, and you budget your personal finances very carefully. Because of its matter-of-fact influence, this name limits, to some degree, your ability to be flexible and spontaneous. You tend to treat new and unfamiliar ideas with scepticism. Because of the serious, responsible qualities of your name, you must recognize the importance of a sense of humour and optimistic perspective of life"

True in a few ways

Altena(Noir)

"Your first name of Altena has created a deep, sensitive, refined nature with an intelligent mind. As you are particularly clever along business lines, and have mathematical ability and a keen appreciation of material values, you are inclined towards the business world. You would do well in a managerial position, as you have executive ability and a poised manner able to take charge and see that procedures are followed. You appreciate the finer things of life and look for quality in your material possessions. Your sensitivity and rather reserved manner make it very difficult for people really to know you."

Ok, this one is pertty close

Kirika(Noir)

"Your first name of Kirika has given you energy, drive, and ambition, but also an almost excessively strong-willed and independent nature. While you are creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, and always ready to initiate and promote new undertakings, you often experience difficulty in bringing your undertakings to a successful conclusion because of your own changing interests or changing circumstances. "

Wow, this is an exact oppiste

I guess I'll finish off the Noir girls

Mireille-Your name of Mireille gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour. Your ideas can be very original and inventive. You enjoy being with people in a social environment. Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others. Your pleasant manner attracts people to you with their problems and you are capable of offering practical advice, though you may not follow such advice yourself. This name causes you to be somewhat too concerned with the personalities, problems, and activities of other people.

Correct in a few way, wrong a few ways too

okay one of my top favorites is Bi Ryu from the manga called now
it means Lost warrior

Another is Yu se ha from the manga called now
his means Divine soul/or when translated in korean it means Chosen one/Chosen soul

And finally I love Sesshomaru from Inuyasha- which means Destruction man

these are only a few!!

Naota (FLCL)

The name of Naota creates a mature, self-possessed, and responsible nature. You are an organizer and leader who exercises sound and fair judgment in all your dealings, both business and personal. The name is a very practical influence, causing you to take your responsibilities seriously. At times it is difficult for you to see the lighter or more humourous side of a situation because of your serious attitude. Your highly capable and efficient nature make it difficult for some people to approach you. Although you desire to serve your fellow man, you may at times lack tolerance for those who are less self-assured and whose approach to life is not as positive and optimistic as your own.

Hmmm....true in some places. Naota is quite serious, but loads of it doesn't fit...lets try some more!

Alucard (Hellsing)

As Alucard you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges. Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony. As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks. Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things. You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself.

That actually fits him quite well...hmmm...lets do some female characters.

Milly (Trigun)

Your name of Milly has brought you enjoyment in working with people in circumstances in which you can organize and direct their efforts, preferably in an executive position. You are self-expressive, philanthropic, clever, and ambitious. You like to specialize in whatever you undertake. This name gives you an optimistic outlook on life. You appreciate good quality in all things and want the best money can buy. You have big ideals and dreams about the things you would like but you are not always willing to put forth the necessary effort, particularly if it means being subservient to others or having to work in an unimportant, menial capacity. Position and means are important to you and, in order to create this impression of affluence, you will spend even when it is not prudent to do so. You like to give the impression that you have everything under control.

Hmmm...she's an optimist, but just about everything else is wrong.

Haruko (FLCL)

Your name of Haruko gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour. Your ideas can be very original and inventive. You enjoy being with people in a social environment. Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others. Your pleasant manner attracts people to you with their problems and you are capable of offering practical advice, though you may not follow such advice yourself. This name causes you to be somewhat too concerned with the personalities, problems, and activities of other people.

Not even close...she says at one point [SPOILER]she doesn't care if the planet Earth is destroyed[/SPOILER], so I doubt that the caring bit applies. :D

And one for luck:

Edward (Cowboy Bebop)

Your name of Edward has created a practical, responsible, stable nature, and you desire to direct the efforts of others rather than to take order or ask permission. You have a determined, self-reliant, capable nature and resent any interference, although in your desire to help you are inclined to become involved in the lives and decisions of other people. You like to make your own decisions and to be the master of your domain. You feel a limitation in your own expression when it is necessary to reach another through tact and understanding.

Not even [i]close[/i]. :rolleyes:

BTW, how this works, if its anything like what it looks like, which is Qabbalistic numerology, is this: they convert each letter of your name into a number, add them up, then check them off on a logarithm table to get the results (I researched Qabbala whilst I was trying to understand FF7 better. Some of the hidden meanings in that game a re mind boggling.)

The Perv plays an important role in most light hearted or comedic anime.

With any anime that has a perv you will instantly find humor and fan service. Although it is not important towards story development, or action, the antics of the Perv and his/her often times violent victims are always good for a laugh.

(using some animes that are popular @ the otaku for examples)
Whether naota and haruko, the priest from inuyasha, or master roshi, there is always something funny when the Pervs put on a move. (note that naota is the victim more often than not.)

Anyway... later. :D

I saw this in the Yu Yu Hakusho forum, were people would put in various YYH names and see how much the fit the character. And surprisingly enough, the matched almost perfectly. ^^

[size=1](For fun, I looked up Katana ^.^)
Although your first name of Katana has created an expressive, fun-loving nature, it has not produced the qualities necessary for a full and complete life. You have always been a happy person, and, desiring to see others happy as well, you strive to inspire others, which you do most effectively through an engaging sense of humour. You are fond of surprises and are quick to respond to spontaneous invitations which promise a good time, particularly when they relieve you of a boring task. Your dislike for monotony and routine, often means that you do not finish the things you start.

God dammit....that is so perfect! It matches me! And if anybody's seen the way I post in RPGs, they know it. ^^

Mimiru:
The name of Mimiru creates a very likable easy going and good-natured personality with a love for people. You will do anything to avoid friction among others. You could have musical or artistic talents but find it difficult to concentrate your efforts in one area long enough to accomplish anything. Spontaneous, happy-go-lucky, and expressive yourself, you like to see people happy and go out of your way to create harmony amongst them

o_O Woah.

Gohan:
Your first name of Gohan has given you a clever, deep mind and the talent to excel in highly inspirational lines of endeavour as a dramatist, musician, writer, or artist. You can be lifted by beauty in all forms and you are at the most creative when inspired. Your expressive, affectionate nature responds very quickly through your feelings, but you must guard against being possessive and jealous. You feel and sense much that you do not fully understand and cannot express. Your delight in mystery could draw you into occult studies or religions.

Eh...I suppose it's close enough...

Botan:
The name of Botan gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings. Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity. There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean. It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally. You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood. You are deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature.

Hmm...I'd say it's about 3/4 right. 'course, we never really know if Botan likes poety or not....[/size]