Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I entered a 15 page submission to the "Rising of the Stars" manga competition for the summer. I'll show you 5 of the pages. The last 5, my best drawn and laid out pages. I improved w/every page I did, thats why my last ones where my best.

You will see only the last page has a page number. For the printing, I went back and added page numbers to all the pages.

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/comics/gedden/Page11_copy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/comics/gedden/Page12_copy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/comics/gedden/Page_13_copy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/comics/gedden/Page14_copy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/comics/gedden/Page15_copy.jpg[/img]
Posted
holy blue hells, that is some nice piece of art. I would choose it to be in Rising Stars ( but I haven't seen the other applications )
anyways that is really good, love your characters especailly Gedden, but I did notice that he does look kinda like Sephiroth. hmmm well anyways I would give it a solid 10/ 10, but who am I to judge. oh i am planning on entering the Rising Stars next year so I might just keep you guys in the know about my plans and the way it is coming along, especially you, you might be able to give me some pointers.
Posted
Dude, is that screentones? I wish I could figure it out. Or is that CG? I wonder if they except that.... :: ponders:: I tried cg last year, but it seems as if the standard is screentones, which is a helluva lot more difficult. Good luck. It looks like you put a lot of effort into it.
Posted
Hey thats pretty damn good, your cg-ing really gives it a crisp look.

The character designs are good also. Good luck in the contest.

But I would like to know, what exactly is the manga about?
Posted
Dude. Nice job. ^_^ I had no idea that you were that good at drawing.. Or CGing.. Or whatever the heck you did to make that awesome piece of work.

However, I find the faces to be a little.. Off sometimes. In a couple frames they sort of lack expression, but it's barely noticeable.

Heh.. The plot seems a little confusing... ^_^' I, myself, entered a one-shot romance/comedy due to the fact that my action stories span WAY too far to even explain the prologue in 20 pages. (I would post my own creation if I had a scanner.)

[b]9.5/10[/b]
Posted
[size=1] You'd be surprised at what mangas won last year's contest.

I've talked to many artists with extremely-well drawn out mangas that did not win at all. The winners' mangas' art was worse than many of the artists I've talked to, but they reason they won was because of their storyline and unique-ness.

--Well, :/...there was one manga entry that won, and it was a magna style version of some story by Hanes Christian Anderson. The artist won because of her spacing...=_= [/size]
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]O_O *blinks*

*rubs eyes*

Wow! That is [b][u]VERY[/u][/b] good! Your cg-ing skills are outstanding, as are your drawing ones. Very god job! ^___^

*steals the pages* *snickers evily*

lol, here's my [b]Rating:[/b] 10/10!!! :D

-Lan[/color][/size]
Posted
The only reason I can think of that would allow you not to win is if they don't allow cg, which would be abysmally stupid. but... well, we'll see. There are some proportional problems, but nothing blatantly obvious.
I really have no idea what the judges are going by. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. And check your e-mail. ^-^ all the time. ^-^

Side note: Anyone who hasn't mailed in their stuff by today... you have serious problems. check the sig.
Guest Anime_Forever
Posted
Im sorry but that probably wont win. They said not to leave any real cliffhangers. They said it must be a complete story even if its part of a bigger series...
Posted
Mill, he said that this was a sample of what he submitted. So, insight, is the pointy eared guy the GRim Reaper or somthing? Whats up wit him?
Posted
If I don't win, so be it. Those were the last pages, so thats at the end of the manga, so if they really don't want any cliff hangers, then I won't win =\. At least I'll be able to say I did something.
Posted
Those are so sweet...Really high quality manga. I was really impressed by the layout. Very well layed out and I'd give it a 10 out of 10! NICE JOB! and I hope you win.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...