OtakuBoards

My Problem (Yet Again)

LostProphet

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue]Well, here's a basic transcript of what started my problem:

Dad: It's Sgt. Lewis
Me (Half Asleep): OK (picks up the phone) Hello?
Sgt. Lewis (My Recruiter): Ryan?
Me: Yeah
SL: I have an opening leaving for Weather (another job I selected as an alternate), and I was wondering if you wanted it
Me: In What?
SL: Weather
Me: I dunno....
SL: This is short notice, I need to know now
Me: When does it leave?
SL: Today
Me: No, No, No

Well, upon telling my dad this, he starts jumping my *** about how I need to live my life and I need to grow up, along with a bunch of other bull****. The job I was offered today is completely different from the one I signed up for.

I'm not going to completely change my next four years on a split second decision. If my job I'm signed up for comes up and I'd be leaving either that day or within the next week (Air Force recruits always arrive for Training on Tuesdays) I'll hae no choice....and I'm prepared for that. But for another job....no thanks

Figured I'd relieve some tension right now. Thanks Everyone[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=indigo]I think that you made the right decision. If you are not interested in that position then why would you jump to take it just to get your foot in the door? If you took the position and got stuck in it for four years and absolutely hated it you would end up regretting not chancing the position that you originally wanted. Don?t regret your choice, patience and determination pay off in the end.[/color]

[color=blue][font=arial]When I first signed up in April, Weather was what I wanted to do. But now that I look more and more into the job I'm in, it's a whole hell of a lot more interesting. I'd be using my hands, which is what I prefer to sitting in front of a computer all day...no offense to anyone. I don't regret it for the most part...although, if it wouldn't have left today, I would have taken it in a moment.

As for where I am right now, I'm waiting to be shipped off for Basic in December (16th, to be exact).[/color][/font]

Finally, another militairy soul! I'm thought i was the only pewrson in some way related to the military. My dads in the army. But, if its wha tyou wanna do, go for it. But be wrned that your gonna deffinely be moving atleast once every 3 years. And you gotta stay in for 11 years. So, if this is what you rerally want to do, go for it.

[size=1] If it's not what you want to do, then don't do it. Especially if there's the opportunity that the Job you're after in the airforce should arise, then you'd be stuck in Weather, and wouldn't be able to transfer very easily, I would think.

-I'm not too sure what the positions are in the airforce, so i don't know how much advice i can give that would mean soemthing, :huh: [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]Finally, another militairy soul! I'm thought i was the only pewrson in some way related to the military. My dads in the army. But, if its wha tyou wanna do, go for it. But be wrned that your gonna deffinely be moving atleast once every 3 years. And you gotta stay in for 11 years. So, if this is what you rerally want to do, go for it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually Daigo their are more people here who are some way related to the military than you think their are. Any way Daigo is right. Once you join than every 3 to 4 years you will be moved and you won't always like the place you move to.

You do have to stay in for at least 11 years, but if you learn to enjoy it like some military people have than you might choose to stay in for little while longer. Than again maybe not.:cool:

OK, lets clear up a few things here...

[quote][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo[/i]
[b]And you gotta stay in for 11 years[/b][/quote]

Actually, you stay in for as long as you like. Depending on the service you're in, you can sign a contract for 2, 4, or 6 years. I'm currently signed up for 4. If I want to sign on for 4 or 6 more (AF doesn't have a 2 year contract, too much training), I can do as I please.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4[/i]
[b]you gotta shave that sorry excuse for a goatee of yours, and probably shave that mop on your head called hair.[/b][/quote]

Don't knock it man. After 4 years in ROTC, I needed a way to 'express myself' before I left. This is my way.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shinji Ikari[/i]
[b]I'm not too sure what the positions are in the airforce, so i don't know how much advice i can give that would mean soemthing[/b][/quote]

Positions and jobs are different. Positions would be more rank-structure-type things, while a job would be something on the outside...although I'm signed to serve in that job a minimum of 3 years...then I can train into something else if I want to

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LostProphet [/i]
[B]

Don't knock it man. After 4 years in ROTC, I needed a way to 'express myself' before I left. This is my way.

[/B][/QUOTE]

LoL. Considiring that I have one too, it's ok, nothin to knock against. Mine just grew better. Maj laughed at me when he saw me, and 1st SGT asked me how i was liking the Goatee:wigout:

[color=blue][font=arial]They asked you? I'm shocked. I got nothing.

Well, now I live in fear that my job will come up sooner than I was planning. I've got to get all my information together, and have a ag packed just in case I do get called up....hopefully, I won't have to leave until December[/color][/font]

Bonging! Last Prophet, I think your desicion is your desicion. I will be goin into the Air Force...Right now I am in the Air National Guard ..My job for the Guard is kewl, but I dont know if I really wanna do it..I get to travel around the world in all, but I really kinda dont have too much of an interest in what I am doing..I am in the 213th Engineering Installation Squadron here in New York..its pretty neat, cuz its electronics, but that's something that doesnt really interest me much..I too am a person of working w/my hands, I was a firefighter back home in Oklahoma and I want to go back to that, so I am gonna talk to a recruiter this guard weekend adn see what I can do..

ps..Please I am new to the site and I could use some friends*winks* so you can PM me or email me...someone, anyone...please, lol, okay I am gonna go now