OtakuBoards

Tokyo Mew Mew anyone?

Neptunecat13

[color=orangered]Oh wow! I really like the manga ^_^! It's "cuter" than what I'm used to (I'm partial to mech and action anime) but it's really good! I haven't seen much of the anime, but the themes are really cute and bouncy!

I also love the way Ichigo's almost always clueless until someone spells everything out for her O_o;; But the whole "attacks" thing is a little too similar to Sailor Moon... =/

I only have the first two volumes of the manga. Thus is the curse of living in the UK :([/color]

[COLOR=indigo]
Tokyo Mew Mew is sooooo cute! My favorite characeter would have to be Lettuce, because she´s such a good friend and very understanding. Ichigo kinda annoys me though. I mean, it´s great to have a crush and all, but this girl´s just OBSESSED! I rather like the drawing, and the costumes are adorable. The attack style is indeed reminicent of Sailor Moon, but I like TMM better because it focuses on less characters, so you get a more in depth view of them. I really, really want to see the anime! Does anyone know where to find it? Preferrably on VHS, I don´t have DVD yet (sob!)

All in all, extremely cute and sweet, but not overly so. A good read.

[/COLOR]

I thought is was ok. I thought it was a little lame some parts though. My friend let me borrow the first 2 manga. It was cool some parts too. My favorite characters are Kish and Ryou. Even though it isn't my favorite, I still think that it is funny...

I'm glad that other people like it as well! ^^ My fave character is Ichigo. I don't know why.... I guess I can relate to her...*shrugs* We (the USA, that is) just got the 3rd volume just a couple of weeks ago... *got about half way through it* ^^ It's VERY funny! *won't spoil the surprise for those haven't read it yet* ^_~

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah Kish and Ryou are my favorites too! So hot*drools*...yeah but the 4th one comes out next month I think....can't wait! I have volume 1 and have read 2&3 but I can't buy them for lack of money.*brakes out sobing* it's definaltly not my most fave series but it's still pretty good...and after a while all magical girl series kinda start to turn out like Sailor Moon. It is cute tho. And I love how cool their outfits are! The plot goes alittle faster then Sailor Moon tho. Oh and you can buy the anime off ebay but it'd be in jappanese and in dvd format. Ya gotta upgrade cause sometime soon they'll stop making VHS all together...*sighs sadly*

• 3 weeks later...
I love Tokyo Mew Mew! It's like Sailor Moon crossed with Captain Planet ('cept not cheesy). I have volume 1-3 and spotted volume 4 at B+N!! Wouldn't Ryou and Ichigo make a sweet couple^^ 'cept Ichigo's still attached to Masaya (who's a dork. who takes a shower w/ a cat anyway?) It is super cool and is one of my fav. manga.

I may be a guy but I was just getting into manga (been into anime for a long time before this)0 and my cousin came over. She had Tokyo Mew Mew no.1 and Ranma 1/2 vol.1. I read it because she had left Ranma at her Texas home. (Im in Va.) I read it and I must say it wasnt half bad. It was confusing at some parts but I was a manga newbie. I licked it, very funny, but I didnt like how all the enemies die in one blow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic]I bought book number seven yesterday! Its the final volume!! I think it was by far the best of all the volumes, so if you don't have it yet, HURRY!!!

Theres a sequal series coming out! Its called [B]Tokyo Mew Mew a La mode[/B].
It looks like the same story with different main characters from the preveiw at the end of the last volume. I'm going to have to read it anyway though!

The last volume summed up the whole series wonderfully. Everything was tied up just the way I wanted it to be. I almost cried when it was over. Some of the parts are really emotional. There's not really any comedy in it, but I promise that very end will make everyone say "Awwwww....."[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue]As much as Tokyo Mew Mew is gaining popularity right now, this thread is from [i]September 2003.[/i] We try not to bring back any threads that are over 2 months old, since they are usually long dead and totally forgotten, and really spammy, which this one is.

That being said, I'm going to close this thread, but if you want to start a new discussion about TMM, go right ahead. ^^[/color]