OtakuBoards

Famous Scientists.

Demonic Angel

(Educational Thread)

Does anyone have any good information about any famous scientists like Paul Ehrlich, Albert Einstein, Henry Ford, etc?
If so, post about the infos in here.

The famous scientist i know about is Paul Ehrlich. He is some kind of doctor, but he does research about diseases and stuffs like that. He received lots of awards, and one of them is the Nobel Prize, cool huh?
He's a famous scientist because he accomplished the research that he's aiming for.

Guest Crimson Spider
I did always like Tesla. Him and his coil are shocking! (pun intended)

Well, I think it was Ben Franklin, don't know. But Actuallly, Tesla had invented a lot of the things that Franklin got credit for, and Tesla didn't get any respect for his discoveries simply because his color.

HE was the guy to harness electricity. HE was the guy who actually made a lightbulb. I don't remember much of Franklins inventions, but many came from this great man.

Nice coil, though.

Edison created the lightbulb, not Franklin. As far as I know, Franklin was primarily responcible for the founding of electricity. And he wa s a pretty good politician, except he fell asleep alot.

Some interesting facts.... Henry Ford was an anti-semite. He absolutely despised all Jews. He wrote several books on anti-semetism. To this day, you will not see a Jew with a Ford.

Albert Einstein was so smart, he forgot the way to his house. Everytime he's dome home he's have to ask the policeman standing on the street corner where he lived. I guess your brain can only hold so much information. He also regreated ever working on the atomic bomb project.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Some interesting facts.... Henry Ford was an anti-semite. He absolutely despised all Jews. He wrote several books on anti-semetism. To this day, you will not see a Jew with a Ford.

Albert Einstein was so smart, he forgot the way to his house. Everytime he's dome home he's have to ask the policeman standing on the street corner where he lived. I guess your brain can only hold so much information. He also regreated ever working on the atomic bomb project. [/B][/QUOTE]

did you know ben franklin was anti semetism, too?

albert einstein did forget the way to his house, forgot to wear socks, stuff like that. but it wasnt because he was so smart, it was because he excelled much more in booksmarts then in common sense. its kinda like my younger brother. he is in 12 grade, in advanced courses, and takes a college class. but, jeez, that boy needs onstar, or some sort of navigational system, because i seriously think someday he is going to get lost in the small local town/city (its not like we are new here, we have lived here for almost 8 years)

Here's a random fact my female biochemistry teacher bored into our minds. Watson and Crick, the discoverers of the double helix structure of DNA, actually used a great deal of data from a woman named Rosalind Franklin in making their model. Apparently they never acknowledged that they'd used her work either, and some scientists think this was completely immoral of them, and that they shouldn't have won the Nobel Prize after all. Eh, I'm not sure of all the details, but here's a website on it: [url]http://www1.umn.edu/scitech/franklin.htm[/url] . There are also a few books written on the subject.

Guest Crimson Spider
So it was Edison... I thought it was him. I also thought it was franklin, too, so I'm not real accurate in that area.

Actually I believe that Einstien didn't actually work on the A-bomb project, but he just signed a letter of recomendation to it.

Did you know that they theorized that the A-bomb could set the atmosphere on fire? And they tested it anyway.

Well, Einsteins Frontal lobe was swolen abnromally, meaning that he had a whole lot of abstract thought, and was pretty darn smart. Thing was the rest of his brain suffered from this, so he couldn't find the way to his house.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lea2385 [/i]
[B]did you know ben franklin was anti semetism, too?

but it wasnt because he was so smart, it was because he excelled much more in booksmarts then in common sense [/B][/QUOTE]

Right.... exactly what I said.... it was because he excelled at being smart... book smarts = smart... at least in my language.

And no I didn't know Franklin was an anti-semite. Although I imagine alot of people were back then. America was very anti-non-protestant for a long time. We've been anti-catholic alot too.

As far as Einstein working on the A-Bomb, as far as I know he did some work on it. Not alot, as he came to the US during the making of it, at least as far as I know. But I know he did have SOME part, maybe not hands on, however big it might have been, in it's creation.

Well, they didn't know the Abomb would have done what it did either. They had no idea it was going to be a big as it was. I can't remember the scientist who was the main scientist on the project, but as soon as they tested he turned to the other scientist and said something like "my god, what have we done?" Due to the circumstance (they though Germany was building one to use on the US) I would have tested it anyway. After all they didn't know what it would do, there was only one way to find out and personally I had rather it been us then the Germans lol. Even though the Nazis quickly abandoned the atomic project not to the knowledge of the US.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]I thought that some fella's stole the double helix structure from Marie Curie. Maybe I am wrong. At school on Monday I will come back to this thread, because I have a cool book there all about medical stuff. Is gross. :p [/B][/QUOTE]

The book sounds like fun. I did a report on Marie Curie about 3 years ago, she discovered a few elements apparently, and helped understand radiocative materials. Some of her research was instrumental in the creation of the X-Ray (machine, not the actual ray). She was the first person to ever win 2 nobel prizes. The only problem was that her work killed her. The two elements she worked with and discovered, radium and polonium, ended up killing her through radiation poisioning. She actually would handle the dangerous materials without very much protection at all! Talk about a person dedicated to his/her work.

[size=1]From what I was told, Einstein just advised America to bomb Japan before Japan bombed them, or some such thing.

My favorite scientist is Marie Curie and her husband. They were responsible for the discovery of Radium, which ultimately caused their deaths. I thought that was pretty cool...[/size]

Well i personaly do not know much about the scientists you name but i do know one thing. My cats are named after Physacists(sp?)
Mandelbrote,Grusendorf, and Figenbaum. All three great intalects of their times. Mandelbrote invented the unsolveable math equasion that when digitalised looks somthing like [url=www.fordham.edu/mathematics/ mandel.html]this[/url] Sorry but the colors are wrong. My searching skills have been wrecked by IMT class..Lets see..
Mandelbrote:Invcented the equation Z = Z 2 + C which makes a brilliant mathmatical artistic piece that never ends. Mandelbrot was born in Poland in 1924 into a family with a very academic tradition. His father, however, made his living buying and selling clothes while his mother was a doctor. As a young boy, Mandelbrot was introduced to mathematics by his two uncles. Ect. Ect..
Grusendorf: OMG i'm wrong. Grusendorf is a senate member..
Figenbaum:Master physacist. All i can find..odd..