Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
*cough* Yeah it's not actually porn.

I was rummaging through my "box of Japan" last night, reminscing about all the good times and such. Managed to come along this, some calligraphy a kindly old woman convinced me to do. She did some herself first, and of course it's all perfect since she's Japanese and had been doing it for many years. It's kind of hard to be steady when she puts the brush in [i]your[/i] hand and says to try it, watching over your shoulder the whole time. eek.

But I think it turned out pretty cool. It says "kodomokai"... I'm sure most of you know from reading manga that it is read top to bottom, right to left. I can't really translate it... I know kind of what it means but don't really know how to put it in English. I don't think we have a word for it...
Posted
[size=1] Arm...we had to do that brush art in the Korean school I go to. Very hard stuff....

Anyways, nice job. It's better than a lot of people can do. [/size]
Posted
Thats really good, better than the stuff I did.

I had to do some calligraphy like that in my Japanese class, in high school. I just couldn't get the brush strokes right, but it seems you did.

Hmm, is that your name on the right? It looks like it says "James.":therock:
Posted
arn, why did you have to go and get my hopes up? I used to know how to write some Korean and i still remembr how to write fire in Japanese. :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by WW2 [/i]
[B]Hmm, is that your name on the right? It looks like it says "James." [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah she told me to write my name on it once I was done... trying to write small katakana characters with a thick brush is kind of tricky heh.
Posted
LOL good title name!

But that is goooood. I want to learn how to do that now. Was it done on a large sheet? Reminds me of a bed sheet for some reason?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...