OtakuBoards

Underworld

Epitome

Personally, I think it looks like a great movie. It is about Vampires and Werewolves in their battle to see whos the strongest and the most powerful. I think it looks like a great movie and I cant wait to see. Comments on what you all think of the movie.

I am looking forward to the fact that the similarities to the "Devil May Cry" series are uncanny.

Guns and swords used as primary weapons? Check.
Jumping off building and landing safely? Check.
Crazy acrobatic attacks? Check.
Dark mysterious evil plot looming over everyone? Check.
Romance for the heck of it? Check.

:D

I cannot wait!

*smiles at gohan*
it loks like a great movie. though i have to say so did blade 2... anyway the girl is cute and i love her outfit. and i've always heard of vampires and werewolves hating one another, why they hate each other i don't know

oh there will also be a game, but it doesn't look as good as the movie. And i believe it's only on the xbox

Yes, I am [i]dying[/i] to see this movie. Actually I considered creating a thread on it as well, but thought I should wait until it actually comes out (September 19!) and I've seen it. Luckily you created it instead :p.

Anyway, I too think it looks really cool, and am definitely planning on seeing it the Friday it comes out, or at least by Saturday :). I've watched the trailer several times ([url]http://www.apple.com/trailers[/url] is a great procrastination source).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by terra [/i]
[B] ([url]http://www.apple.com/trailers[/url] is a great procrastination source). [/B][/QUOTE]

Indeed it is. :D I've been watching the trailor for it for several weeks now and am all hyped up about seeing the movie. I think their portrayel of werewolves is pretty need; not the usually hairy freaks with lots of drool. :p

Well I've seen the trailer for Underworld a couple of times now, and I think it looks like it has some potential.

I can't say it looks great, since mostly all they show is Matrix style, slow motion action scenes, which have been done to death.
Oh, I think the werewolves look totally fake.

Other than that, it seems promising. The character designs for the vampires, is pretty cool, especially the guy with those 2 metal whips.

But thats just my opinion.:D

I have to say that I'm pretty interested in this movie. And that's quite a feat considering two things: 1) I hate commercials and 2) They've been showing commericals for this movie non-stop where I live. So, a movie that has endless commercials has to look pretty special to make me want to see it. Although, Kate Beckinsale helps out a bit :D

It is a white wolf rip off, in fact White wolf is suing Underworld on several accounts. Acutally upon seeing the preview, I thought this was a white wolf movie. I personally agree with the lawsuit, the similarities between what I've seen in the previews and the White Wolf game are just too precise. Either someone was influenced by the popular RPG, or they just plagarized most of it. But I'll see the movie anyway, Beckinsdale is very very attractive.

I think this links to the lawsuit [url]www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=10015 [/url]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Drix D'Zanth [/i]
[B] But I'll see the movie anyway, Beckinsdale is very very attractive.[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, dude, good looking women always help to pass the time. :D

There are so many nice college women on campus, and my hands are totally tied. It sucks.

On Topic now,

When I saw the previews for Underworld, I didn't think movie. I thought Sci Fi channel TV series. You can kind of just see a preview of something and know exactly where it should be shown. Underworld is a prime example. It IS a TV series type material. I'm guessing Execs feel it'd do better or it belongs in theatres. I say TV series, but what do I know? I'm only part of the moviegoing public.

The similarities to The Matrix...The Matrix was the worst thing to happen to technology in cinema. Just so much stylistic and vapid situational infringement going on now. It's sad to see. What happened to the realistic shooters of yesteryear? Reservoir Dogs? Pulp Fiction? Usual Suspects? What happened to "substance over style"? Why since The Matrix is it only "style over substance"? The Matrix was so empty. It was "Philosophy-Lite." Philosophy for the 15 year old computer geek. The names were thrown in there just to sound cool. That's my little Matrix blurb for the day, I think.

It is not a White Wolf rip off for many reasons. One, you can make a vampire movie if you wish, two, it doesnt have nearly the same storyline or attributes of anything that White Wolf uses, and three, I hope White Wolf loses the case because they have no case.

They have a case, atlough some of it is iffy. A good deal of White Wolf's case is rather stupid considering they didn't invent vampires. I've seen the list of problems the creator had with the film, and while many are rather ridiculous as they're just parts of vampire mythology, the rest are obviously rather unique to the series. The movie makes use of a lot of these, so there are definitely similiar attributes.