OtakuBoards

Knights of the Zodiac

Pagan

Has anyone seen Knight of the Zodiac? If so what did you think about it? Who was your favorite knight?

I thought it was so close to Ronin Warriors that there was no point in watching. The only diferance I saw was instead of elemental power they had animalistic power. I watched a few show and paired the charcters up with there counter parts; they had the powers and personalities for example Ryu and Ikki. I found the plot very different though it was a little less interesting then Ronin but still good.

I want ot know who had the Idea first Ronin Warriors or Knights of the Zodiac. I'm leaning toward Zodiac from the way the animation looks compared to Ronin.

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]It's not stupid.

To answer thy question, my favorite saints are Ikki of Phoenix and Shura of Capricorn, but they have yet to show up. And yes, Knights of the Zodiac came first.

Here are my thoughts on the show:

[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30276[/url]

I'm not bumping the thread since I don't want any mods PMSing at me over it.[/color][/font]

Well I saw last week's episode, and I don't think its anyting special.

All it consists of, is a bunch of guys in funny looking armored outfits, taking part in wrestling matches. I found this very odd.:therock:

From what I saw, Ronin Warriors is the superior show. Sure it may be a rip off, but at least it's got a better premise.

But that's just my opinion.:D

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]The dubbing is terrible, because the voice acting is horribly overdone and the script is aimed at kids under 3 years old (The translated one). Seriously, "He's loud, he's proud, he's [insert name] the Bear!"

The soundtrack was also changed for Cartoon Network, but yeah... I've seen it all and it's arguably the best fighting anime around. You've only seen 2 episodes... out of over a 100... be patient.[/color][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]OMG, they destroyed him... they destroyed Hyoga. He's a rough, non-childish character... and he was made to look like a dumb teenage brat in today's episode.

No, no... America did it to my Dragon Ball... don't let it happen to Saint Seiya, plz thx k. :(

Radical Edward: The following things are VERY wrong with it:

- The opening and closing themes and animation were changed completely.

- The background music and sound effects were all changed. I can't tell if the Pegasus scream is from the original show, though.

- The dialogue has been given a complete, horrendous makeover, and this problem is the worst, not only because of its own flaws, but because it also damages the voice acting. They seem to have gone down the same path FUNimation took Dragon Ball Z. There are phrases like, "Dude, you are about to get frosted," and "Are you like, ready to say Uncle?" that not only sound retarded, but simply do not fit with the tone or the time of the show. It comes off as ridiculous.

- The voice acting and cast is TERRIBLE. Hyoga, the "frosty dude," is nothing like he's currently being portrayed. His voice doesn't even suit him. Heck... in Mexico he was voiced by the same guy who did Vegeta for DBZ. You can pretty much guess the changes in that department. I'm scared of what they'll do to Ikki and Shura.

- The show's real name in "Saint Seiya," and the girl you know as "Siena" or something is actually named "Saori." I have NO idea why they changed that last one.[/color][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Radical Edward [/i]
[B]Dang...sounds like they took a good anime and killed it... [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]Yes, they are sure killing it. When I moved back to America and watched American DBZ for the first time, I was speechless, and desperately wanted to know who or what was responsible for so much editing. It didn't help that people got the wrongful impression of the show from watching it on Cartoon Network. Sadly, there are several people who do not appreciate DBZ, mainly because it got extremely popular with the kids. I believe if the show had been kept exactly as it was in the original version, it would have appealed to an even greater audience. Yes, people, the outlook from the show IS different in each version.

That's what I fear will happen to Knights of the Zodiac. Showing a botched episode only once a week will turn off anime enthusiasts and fanboys alike, and the show might be forgotten without a chance for success, and hated for its changed presentation on American television.[/color][/font]

Saint Seiya = Most overrated anime ever, IMO. It was never that good, and it never had me saying, "I cannot miss this weeks episode". I was more like "I'll be over Gunner's. See you at 1:00 a.m. Mom". Never liked it and could care less for the dub. That's my two cents. Saint Seiya came out almost exactly 1 year before Ronin Warriors. Anyway I like Dragon Shiryu.

Saint Seiya has 114 eps. and 13 new eps. of the Hades arc has just released as well. There will be more. I heard CN only get the first 40 eps. So, we are luck if those are the one they have.

The show was made in 1986 following the release of the mangas (28 vol. in total) by Masami Kurumada.

The only episode I saw was the one on today when the pegasus guy and the dragon guy fought. It wasn't really all that good. The dubbing was off and the fight scenes weren't really good at all. And the characters were really irriatating.

However, if what Cyke is saying is true, then what they did to this anime is a terrible injustice.