Guest mentalez Posted September 11, 2003 Posted September 11, 2003 why does vagita call goku kakeraut? (sorry bout the spelling...)
JCBaggee Posted September 11, 2003 Posted September 11, 2003 [color=red][size=1][font=arial]Kakkarot is Goku's original Saiya-Jin name. Vegeta still sees Goku as a Saiya-Jin, so he refuses to call him by the name of an "inferior" race. --Chris[/color][/size][/font]
Guest TheDarkCrystal Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 Although I think he does once at the end of DBZ
duorocks17 Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 I think it's cool how Vegeta always calls Goku Kakarot. I think it's a way that they can destinguish themselves from the others, seeing how they are of a different race. I also think it helps Vetgeta believe he really is better than goku.
Burori Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 Just for everyone's information not to sound like a geek I believe his name is pronounced Kakarotto.
Posthumous Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by TheDarkCrystal [/i] [B]Although I think he does once at the end of DBZ [/B][/QUOTE] Actually, he says it numerous time throughout the series.
Transtic Nerve Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssjBrolli [/i] [B]Just for everyone's information not to sound like a geek I believe his name is pronounced Kakarotto. [/B][/QUOTE] Just the japanese pronunciation for the word "kakarot" since the Japanese base their words on spoken sylables, there for ending in a conventional vowel sound. (ie: you pronounce "t" at the end of a word as "to" or "ta" depending on the word)
Burori Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 Oops your right. lol thanks for clearing that up TN
Guest KessenHero Posted September 12, 2003 Posted September 12, 2003 Simple. Because Vegeta is cooler than Goku! (/sarcasm) I don't like the name Kakarot. But the way Vegeta says it is cool!
JCBaggee Posted September 13, 2003 Posted September 13, 2003 [color=red][size=1][font=arial]Hey, Kakarot and Goku are equally cool ^_^ And, yes, Vegeta slips up a couple times towards the end and says Goku...in the FUNi dub. Don't know about the original Japanese, but its possible (when Vegeta started to become truly good, he came more to terms with the Earth race, and thusly Goku's name). --Chris[/color][/size][/font]
baby_xelloss Posted September 13, 2003 Posted September 13, 2003 yeppie i like the way vegeta says ~kakarot~ or how ever you spell it you know what i mean anyways
Xaru Silverfire Posted September 13, 2003 Posted September 13, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssjBrolli [/i] [B]Just for everyone's information not to sound like a geek I believe his name is pronounced Kakarotto. [/B][/QUOTE] Yeah, you must watch DBGT online or something. Also in the ***. version Goku is pronounced "Gokou" Edit: ROFL They have a bleep on the abreviation for Japanesse.
Guest Hero of the Day Posted September 14, 2003 Posted September 14, 2003 Haha, good one SsjBrolly. thats not even showing the pronounciation....Durr.
Transtic Nerve Posted September 14, 2003 Posted September 14, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xaru Silverfire [/i] [B]Yeah, you must watch DBGT online or something. Also in the ***. version Goku is pronounced "Gokou" Edit: ROFL They have a bleep on the abreviation for Japanesse. [/B][/QUOTE] Goku and Gokou are the same pronunciation.... it's just a differnet American style of spelling it. They both sound like GO-KUU
Guest Stealth Knight Posted October 13, 2003 Posted October 13, 2003 I think that Vageta calls Goku "Kakarot" because he is trying to remind Goku of his heritage. I think that Kakarot is Goku's saiyan name, and Vegeta is trying to remind Goku of that.
Dragonstar Posted October 14, 2003 Posted October 14, 2003 :D I just think all saiyan names are funny, specially Brolly, I know it's s'possed to be vegetables, but where I'm from, brolly is a slang term for umbrella O_o ... You think I'm kidding..? :D :laugh:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now