Jump to content
OtakuBoards

question


Guest mentalez

Recommended Posts

Guest mentalez
Posted
why does vagita call goku kakeraut? (sorry bout the spelling...)
Posted
[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Kakkarot is Goku's original Saiya-Jin name. Vegeta still sees Goku as a Saiya-Jin, so he refuses to call him by the name of an "inferior" race.

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]
Guest TheDarkCrystal
Posted
Although I think he does once at the end of DBZ
Posted
I think it's cool how Vegeta always calls Goku Kakarot. I think it's a way that they can destinguish themselves from the others, seeing how they are of a different race. I also think it helps Vetgeta believe he really is better than goku.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssjBrolli [/i]
[B]Just for everyone's information not to sound like a geek I believe his name is pronounced Kakarotto. [/B][/QUOTE]

Just the japanese pronunciation for the word "kakarot" since the Japanese base their words on spoken sylables, there for ending in a conventional vowel sound. (ie: you pronounce "t" at the end of a word as "to" or "ta" depending on the word)
Guest KessenHero
Posted
Simple. Because Vegeta is cooler than Goku! (/sarcasm)

I don't like the name Kakarot. But the way Vegeta says it is cool!
Posted
[color=red][size=1][font=arial]Hey, Kakarot and Goku are equally cool ^_^

And, yes, Vegeta slips up a couple times towards the end and says Goku...in the FUNi dub. Don't know about the original Japanese, but its possible (when Vegeta started to become truly good, he came more to terms with the Earth race, and thusly Goku's name).

--Chris[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ssjBrolli [/i]
[B]Just for everyone's information not to sound like a geek I believe his name is pronounced Kakarotto. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, you must watch DBGT online or something. Also in the ***. version Goku is pronounced "Gokou"

Edit: ROFL They have a bleep on the abreviation for Japanesse.
Guest Hero of the Day
Posted
Haha, good one SsjBrolly. thats not even showing the pronounciation....Durr.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Xaru Silverfire [/i]
[B]Yeah, you must watch DBGT online or something. Also in the ***. version Goku is pronounced "Gokou"

Edit: ROFL They have a bleep on the abreviation for Japanesse. [/B][/QUOTE]

Goku and Gokou are the same pronunciation.... it's just a differnet American style of spelling it. They both sound like GO-KUU
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Stealth Knight
Posted
I think that Vageta calls Goku "Kakarot" because he is trying to remind Goku of his heritage. I think that Kakarot is Goku's saiyan name, and Vegeta is trying to remind Goku of that.
Posted
:D I just think all saiyan names are funny, specially Brolly, I know it's s'possed to be vegetables, but where I'm from, brolly is a slang term for umbrella O_o

... You think I'm kidding..? :D :laugh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...