OtakuBoards

PS2 Price Drop in the UK

Sephiroth

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]the ps2 is now £200 in the UK, which is about $230, I bought it for £300 some months back, I feel like quite the fool, oh well, it could be worse, they could drop it to £120 sometime next year.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]Yeah, when I bought Nintendo 64, it cost me AUD $499. And now it costs AUD $199.

Nintendo Australia dropped the price of N64 about six months after it came out...by about a hundred bucks.

But whenever I buy a console, I know I'm always spending the most money for it...but that's the bad part about getting a console when it launches, rather than waiting to get it later.

I think the benefits outweigh the costs though, I usually try and get new consoles as soon as they launch.[/b][/size][/color]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]dang ur lucky sephiroth... im still waiting for them to drop the price in america... i pretty much only play 'standard' RPGs... i dont like those half rpg half horror or whatever... i like my RPGs strait up... less you call it zelda then it is ok... but next february if they havent dropped the price on them... well ill be upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cause then ill have to actually get one for FF 10 and maybe a few other games... but im not sure yet, i may just rent it for that game cause well that is still one of the only games i see that is worth it...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]dang ur lucky sephiroth... im still waiting for them to drop the price in america... i pretty much only play 'standard' RPGs... i dont like those half rpg half horror or whatever... i like my RPGs strait up... less you call it zelda then it is ok... but next february if they havent dropped the price on them... well ill be upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cause then ill have to actually get one for FF 10 and maybe a few other games... but im not sure yet, i may just rent it for that game cause well that is still one of the only games i see that is worth it...[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue][b][size=1]I wouldn't really class Resident Evil has half RPG half horror...it's really just an adventure game, in the same vein as Zelda.

But I think that if you buy a PS2 (which is still expensive, regardless of pricecut) and get only RPGs...well...you're limiting yourself a lot. :)

Funnily enough...I'm not a HUGE racing fan (although I buy the odd racing game), yet my first two PS2 games are racing games. Although this is simply because PS2 has failed in delivering anything else of high quality thusfar...

Although when Ico is available here, I'm going to be picking it up for sure. As well as Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X.[/b][/color][/size]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]true and it sucks... we in the US are getting ripped off cause there are people that think the PS2 DVD player is the best out there... they bye the PS2 and say 'oh im only getting it for the DVD player' what is that... the DVD player is NOT worth $300... and i have sold a few like that... lol
do yall carry the limited edition PS2/GT3 bundle pack lol?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I feel the same way about half horror/half RPG.
I mean classic straight up RPG's are like:-
Final Fantasy
Grandia
Breath of Fire,etc.........
I got my PS2 for £350.Yeah but on the bright side Sephiroth,it shows we were really keen to get one.