OtakuBoards

Breaking Bones and such...

Epitome

About 2 nights ago, I was at a party and I got pushed and fell all the way down the stairs and smacked my shoulder up against a huge piece of wood at the side of the stairs. I then after my dad having to come and pick me up, when I was supposed to sleepover, found out that I had broken my clavical(sp?) or colar bone. But at least it happened at the end of the party... Has anyone else broken any bones?

I broke the clavicle (collar bone) as well. It was in my Junior year of High School. A good amount of friends and I got together to go sledding. Well, I wasn't the biggest guy, pretty light , aerodynamic etc. You see, In west michigan, we don't really sled on puny hills. West Michigan has these immense (200ft) sand dunes that get covered in snow. So our friends would barrel down these gigantic , nearly vertical , slopes. One particular slope had a bit of a jump at the end, nothing major, just a bump. The trick was, people slowed down on the way down.. they would use their feet or hands to create a bit of drag, instead of losing control. Well, I'd not sledded down the hill, and I wanted to go as fast as possible. I took the fastest sled from a friend of mine, and went down the hill, angling my body to create absolutely NO wind resistance. "Slow down! Dude slower!" the exhaspirated cries of my peers barely reached my ears by the time I was at the bottom. You remember the little hill I was talking about? Well, at high speeds, this little hill sent me flipping in the air, head over heels for a few seconds. The world seemed to go in slow motion, until, *CRUNCH*. My body seemed to drop.. as if I was wightless for one second, and a two ton dumbell the next. I thought I had broken my neck, as my whole body tingled. Slowly I got up, the breathing painful, and realized I couldn't move my shoulder. I toughed it out the rest of the night, suprisingly. I finished my friends birthday party, watching movies until about 1:30 am, at which time we all left home. Boy , it was uncomfortable.. not a horrible pain. The injury didn't dehabilitate me all that much, and a few weeks of wearing a sling I was all better.

You know, I would do it all over again. Sometimes people have to take risks like these. It was both a good memory, and a learning experience. Now I know to be more cautious as I sled down 200 foot snow-covered vertical dunes. :D

I broke both of my scaphoid bones the first time I went snowboarding... It's a little bone in the wrist that looks like a cashew nut. But for such a small thing, it sure hurt like crazy!

Didn't stop me, though. I've been riding for five seasons now... ?_?
(Salomon Classic 155, Burton Twin 150, Liquid something-or-other 160)

[COLOR=blue][I]Yeah I too broke a bone snowboarding! I went to pull a double backflip to frontside indy and when I landed I didn't have enough angle. So, tumbling I went and after about 5 minutes of tumbling down the side of a mountain I had broken two ribs!!! YAY![/I][/COLOR]

[color=indigo]I broke my right wrist just last June. (I got to miss an exam^^) I broke it by rollerblading. I was rollerblading down a hill and when it was time to turn I was still going to fast so I fell. I actually had to rollerblade home, which was about 5 minutes away from there. I had that cast all of July. I couldn't even draw:bawl: Now my right wrist is bigger than my left...and to me looks a little deformed >.>[/color]

i broke my collar bone when i was real little. i broke two knuckles on my right hand an one on my left. me an some freinds at work were seeing who can punch throught the most frozen meat patties. i won...but i hurt. i broke 8. that was my right hand. i forgot what i did to my left....an i have broken numerous toes by random stuff like kicking my car..and runing into my bed leg when i was little...stuff like that. nothing real big..yet.

Broken bones? No. Cracked Bones? Yes. I've been fracturing my ankle for the last 9 years. It's like everytime I start walking it'll slip and I frcture it. Plus my brother fell off his bike and fractured his shoulder. Skin had came off and everything.

I'm going to ramble a little bit more.

There was a woman who was driving one time. Someone else had ran into the back of her car. She got so mad that she got out her car and went and beat the **** out of her. Then as soon as she was done she fainted. When the ambulance got there they said they don't know how she did it since her neck was broken. So, she was fighting with a broken neck. Ok, I'll stop now.

Next time pay attention to who pushes you, then push them back. Plus, you could sue because you got hurt in someone else's home.

well i have broken my left arm twice so far the first time was while i was playing football and some one kicked the ball really close while i was in goal and cracked my wrist and the second time my m8 throw me over his shoulder and rebroke it and at that point i wish i could respawn some where but the doctor said if i break it again in the same place before if fully heals again the he would metal plate the bone!!!

[quote]I went to pull a double backflip to frontside indy and when I landed I didn't have enough angle.[/quote]
From your myOtaku:
[quote]Location
? Florida[/quote]
Oh really?? ?_?

Well, I [i]wish[/i] I could say I was going for a similarly difficult trick, but sadly I can't... Actually I've never been in a 'pipe, I'm more into freeriding.

I have broken the two larger bones in my right index finger and split that knuckle in half. Before that I had broken and compacted both bones in my left wrist. And everytime it snows where I live, a fluke happens and I end up breaking a bone x.x

It's supposed to snow a lot this year too :mad:

~Plo

A few days ago I was playing b-ball and dislocated my finger while trieng to be tricky.......I had to pop it back in its socket which is a bit painfull, now its twice the size it normally is due to the swelling luckily I can still type.It got me out of my maths teest too! hehe

I haven't broken anything[SIZE=1](only sprained)[/SIZE], but my brother has plenty of times. Hes broke each arm/leg a few times, uptained a few concussions, and has had a few rocks thrown at his head many times in his childhood. -_- Most of it all happened under the age of 10, starting at the tender age of 1. Its strange though, when we were younger him and I did the exact same thing yet he was usually the one getting hurt.

Marching band football game. High school field, meaning lots of ankle twist holes. I catch the ball. Al Jordan, meaning 270 pounds standing at 6 foot 6. Tackles me, my ankle gets shoved and stuck in a hole. I spin on it, fracture it. Swells immediately. I go to the doctor's the next day. "It's just a bad sprain" he says. Yeah, that's a great diagnosis, you quack. He's the same doc who didn't think I was having an allergic reaction to a medication for pneumonia...stupid quack. I stopped going to him after the ankle incident.

So, he gives me an Ace bandage and I proceed to talk on a fractured ankle for an entire week, going up and down stairs, carrying 25 pounds of books, unable to use crutches because it's not feasible in the school, and considering none of the people in my classes went the same way I did.

My ankle is getting worse throughout the week. We go to a different doc. FRACTURE.

So, yeah, lol. I've dealt with some broken bones in my time.

Word of wisdom: NEVER NEVER NEVER play football with a giant on your high school's crap practice field.

Makes for a great story, though. The irony is delicious. :)