Zanarkand Abes

Can You Be Too Old?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Can You Be Too Old?

• Yes
    • NO
    • Maybe
    • Who Cares!?!

I have asked this question about a year ago, but new members have joined, and others might have changed their minds. But how old is too old to play and get into Pokemon? And should you care about what they say at school? And while I have your attention, how many of you play and talk about Pokemon at school, and what grade are ya'll in?

Guest Crimson Spider
I said who cares. Cause who cares? You see, I have the magic abilty to not give a crap about what other people say about me.

Well, I would say that around 22 would be a little rediculous. But hey, only better competition for me.

[color=indigo]I figure that if people are too immature--no matter how old they or I happen to be--to actually look at the game before writing it off as "gay" or whatever, it's their loss. I, like CS, also have the magical ability of not giving a rat's *cough* about what other people think or say about me. lol[/color]

Guest phoenix_petra
Bah. My friends and I still play pokemon and we're juniors in high school, not to mention that we're girls. People look at us all weird. Maybe they're not used to seeing girls playing video games or something. We don't care what people think about us. We're sort of the odd anime/videogame group. We even brought our pokemon cards and games to school and had some fun trading and battling each other. Personally, I don't mind the weird looks and stuff. I love seeing people's reactions to us. It's so funny.

I just started high school in a city where I don't know anyone. I am a 15 year old girl and I guess here it is really weird if you like Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh especially if you are a girl. From what I can tell nobody here my age likes Pokemon. I have a Pikachu keychain on my bag and when people see it they give the strangest looks---it is so funny! I don't really care about what other people think about me liking Pokemon but I do wish that I knew other people my age who where into Pokemon and just anime in general.

[color=darkblue]I've come not to really care about whether people say something about it or not, either, though not as if I really hang about people who would say something. Albeit, I don't exactly walk around saying "I still like Pokémon," people often ask me if I still like that and Dragonball Z, due to the fact that I often draw fanart of other animés I've come to enjoy. It usually ends up with me defending animé in some way, shape or form, saying that it's not just weird characters running around with magical powers and making weird faces, but the initial answer of me saying I still so happen to enjoy Pokémon is relatively the same: Them looking at me as if I've grown a second head. So like I said, I shrug it off. If they come to think that I'm immature, I'll let them think exactly that. It won't phase me any. I'll eventually prove them wrong, anyway. lol[/color]

[spoiler][size=1][color=4057b7][b]Of course, there are people who will judge you when you're older if you play with toys or like shows like Pokèmon (I do that when I see a 35 year old liking Digimon). But all you need to say is:

"I like this, and it isn't hurting you. I don't need to to tell me what is right or wrong for my age, I'll find out for myself."

If that doesn't help, jack their jaw.[/b][/color][/size][/spoiler]

[color=indigo]Why would playing the trading card game be any worse than playing the videogames? If they didn't cost so much, I'd still be collecting the cards. Now I'm just hoping they'll come out with another Game Boy trading card game, with all the new cards that have been released since they made the first one.[/color]

I used to be into pokemon... like 2 years ago lol now i find them to be rediculous lol. I have like 200 Pokemon Cards.

Pokemon would be better if they made a 3D RPG game. Not like those Pokemon Stadium games but the games like Pokemon Ruby and whatever they have. then it would be better

I am only in 7th grade and everyone is saying im to old for pokemon. They even said it in 3rd grade... I completely disagree. Your neer to old for Pokemon. Heck Ill watch Bob the Builder if I want to... Pokemon is my favorite show of all time and Ill never stop watching no matter what the people say!

Thinks: That was dramatic *slips on ketchup spill* that was pathetic!

I was into the craze a long time ago, when I was in sixth grade, going into seventh. It was the "cool" thing to do, so of course, everyone tried to get into the craze. That's why I started. It was mainly collecting the cards, trading them, and that. The GameBoy games weren't that popular.

Now if you're seen walking around with a Pokémon card, or even a GameBoy, you're an idiot. A loser. Though it's very rare to see someone now-days walking around school, that's into Pokémon. It's dead here. Not a word about it can be said unless you're looking for a new face to wear.

Sad for some, but I'm well over it. I actually used to see the whole craze thing as stupid. That was last year. It was just a passing phase if you ask me. And I think the cartoon is also taking the whole Pokémon thing way to far. How long has it been going on for now? Three years? Four? I see that as [i]way[/i] too long.

shoot, I quit pokemon in... 6th grade, I guess. That was 4 years ago. I was into everything. The cards, the video games, the merchandise, I was such a dork. Wow, I miss the gameboy game. It's the best. Don't tell anyone I said that! I still watch the cartoon on catoon network, though.

ITS NOT A CARTOON! Its anime. And it wasnt 4 years was i... well yeah I guess it was. I still play the old GB Games and still buy the forgotten mearchandise. It makes me sad to think of how it was abandonned. But most of all, every night I sleep with my best friend, the Charmander pillow. ITS ALIVE I TELL YOU!!! I was especially playing the GB in the week withot power...

[size=1]

I didn't care if anyone cared if I liked the cards or not. My friends ended up finding out and they didn't care, didn't change the way they acted and it didn't bother them. They don't care. It doesn't matter what age you are, if you like it then you do. If you don't then you don't. It is as simple as that.[/size]

I don't watch the anime...I don't play the card game...I do play the video games however...most of my friends think I'm weird...I'm the oddball of the group...I'm sixteen...and I don't think age really matters...I don't make fun of the girls at the table who like Hello Kitty...my friends poke fun at me occasionally though...once...one of my friends saw a squirrel and said "Hey! Look! A Pikachu...you gotta catch them all"...and he was being corny on purpose...then we'd all laugh it off...you shouldn't let others affect what you like...do whatever you want...you know...as long as it's not illegal...

Guest The Bouncer
I used to like pokemon like crazy.. like in 4th -6th to teh beginning of 7th.. then it just went almost dead around where i live at. im mean i watch the show sometimes, i play the games sometimes and i barley ever buy a pack of cards. maybe one every 2-3 months. I not sayin that i dont like pokemon its just that I cant waste as much money as i could back when i was 10-11. i have better stuff to but other than pokemon cards..

[SIZE=1][COLOR=indigo]I'm 18 and a high school senior, and I just got into the deal last summer. I just like the games and merchandise. And the only card game I play is Magic: The Gathering.

I hate it, though, whenever Pokemon's mentioned, ppl think of Pikachu and half-pint brats. I mean, lookit Houndoom and Deoxys. That Deoxys actually have me a few goosebumps.

My mom got me a stupid Pikachu and Scyther T-shirt at a yard sale the other month and I threw them away. C'mon here. I'm not a crazed-psycho-gotta-have-it fifth grader that has to have the Pokemon hats, Pokemon bath towels, Pokemon Pop Tarts and Pokemon clothes.

I collect plushies (I have a little mob of Ham-Hams and Kittys and old Care Bears from my younger years), so I'd love to get plush Pokemon. Or at least one giant plushie.

Pokemon is a game, and I love games, and Pokemon happens to be a good series within its own right. There we go.

Logically, I just don't see how Pokemon depends on your age. It's just a game, like any other such as Final Fantasy or Street Fighter, and I don't see why people *have* to get over it.

(...mwehe...magic ability...)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue]Heh. Welcome to OB, hon.

We all agree, Pokémon is cool in one degree or another, but we try to put a little more thought into our posts, and I don't think yours qualifies. Try to inprove in the future, 'kay?[/color]

Well, when I went into the 5th grade my friends completly stopped liking it. We always talk about the "good old times" and we always bring up Pokemon. I actually still like it, but I dont watch it on TV anymore, it's sort of been worn down from how it seems to go on and on. Im in 7th grade (13) and I like it, but I don't talk about with friends and such.

• 2 weeks later...
I like Pokemon, and my friends want Pokemon to die. They used to be crazy about it, too. I'm in seventh grade, and I said who cares, because I don't give a crap about what other people say. It's their opinion, not mine.

Yesterday, I read all of my newest Pokemon cards. I hope that that answers the question of how much I like them. I haven't bought a pack of cards for about six months, but I still like them. I just don't have the money to buy the cards. By the way, I wish that they'll make another TCG, especially since my copy of the original doesn't work.

I love the games! I play them like crazy, although I can only get the GB games. I have three games that aren't lost and still work. I kow that that sounds pathetic, but I lost my Pokemon Yellow, and my sister's Pokemon Blue doesn't work.

I sort of like the show, but every episode is the same thing. Ash is walking along with his friends, then Team Rocket comes. They steal a pokemon, but their plans are always thwarted by Ash. Then, Pikachu thunderbolts them and the episode ends. That's it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by IloveBebop [/i]
[B]
I sort of like the show, but every episode is the same thing. Ash is walking along with his friends, then Team Rocket comes. They steal a pokemon, but their plans are always thwarted by Ash. Then, Pikachu thunderbolts them and the episode ends. That's it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I hear you. That's what makes the show so gosh darn boring. If they added some more action between the main characters, then it would be interesting to watch. For example, a damsle in destress action (have Ash save Misty), fight (no blood, bad language, or use of weapons), and more comedy.

I mean for crying out loud, those characters had to be teenagers(at least over 12) right about now. This is the millinium year; and there should be more action, not just for the pokemon, but the main characters as well.

Hoooo!!! That was tiring.:sleep: To the topic, I like most of everything on the shows, games, and cards. I'm still searching for hollow cards. I never played the gameboy games (I don't own one), but the nittendo 64 pokemon games are cool. Old school is ok; and maybe the reruns of the series. Sometims, changes have to be made. :worried: