Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=GREEN] I'm trying to start an anime club at my high school. In order to start a club, you need to provide evidence that the club has educational benifits and prove instrest in the student body. I've already gotten the minimum number of people needed but I need help making anime look good educationally. So far the only thing I got is that its culturally enriching in that your learning the language and culture of another country. Can someone please help me out with this? [/COLOR]
Posted
Learning Japanese culture. (ala Love Hina/Fooly Cooly)
Literature in the animted since.
Art Form.
Japanese History. (ala Ruroini Kenshin)
etc.

There are planty, just think about them. Manga is literature, if you think about it.
Posted
There's lots of things you could do. One of the best things I've seen done is people watching an anime series and doing an analysis of the characters. Cowboy Bebop would be especially good for this since the characters are deep and well defined but also leave something to the imagination. The benefits of being able to analyze people based on their personalities would be pretty evident, I think.
Posted
Another good character and story analyisis is Trigun, BLue Gender, FLCL, Ruiroini Kenshin, and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Probabl the deepest anime's you can get along with CB and Akira, whihc is a movie. Oh, and show the "Knockin' at Heaven's Door" CB movie. ITs a classic.
Posted
Besides the things said above, you could just make a tape of Cowboy Bebop/other anime yourself and give it to them to review. Let them decide themselves on how it can help you educationally. I bet one look at The Real Folk Blues(parts 1 and 2) will change their minds forever :).
Posted
[size=1] Hm...well, er...Anime [i]does[/i] teach you life lessons [Evangelion--sort of]. Rurouni Kenshin and other animes set in historical moments could be education.

O_o

Er...yeah. [/size]
Posted
[color=darkblue]Yu-Gi-Oh! is actually semi-educational, as some of it's aspects come from Ancient Egyptian mythology. That's a good enough reason to watch it for me.

As said, you may want to consider asking the people to write little summaries of the animés that you all watch, therefore, it makes it somewhat educational in the way that you're learning English skills that you'll eventually need anyway. Just a random thought.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=TEAL] Thanks a ton, guys. That info really helped. I'm submitting my proposal on Thurs. I'll know next week whether the club was approved. If you want to know if my club got the OK, click on the link to my page on MyOtaku. I'll post my news there. [/COLOR]
Posted
Maybe you should do what one of these guys said and do character analysis on Cowboy Bebop. That's a good idea, I think. I support the idea.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...