OtakuBoards

"normal"?

Fyxe

Like, my god, I hope that you weren't mimicking [i]me[/i] there. Or, like, I'll get my boyfriend to bash you up, he like, does anything I want him to. *giggles* Heh, like WOW, I totally dig your shoes.

Like, WOW, so totally diggin this valley girl flair, and style

Like *BLEEEEARGH*

Heh. Just a question, was that aimed at people as a group, or specifically at someone you know?

There is not a normal, in my opinion. People may have similar attributes and methods, but in the end, there is no identical set mindset for normalcy. There are similarities, but then this thread would be called "similarities", no?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Just how many times is this going to be brought up? I mean honestly. The same exact things are said every other week this thread comes up. It's always "there's no such thing as normal", "normal is just what the media wants you to believe", "I'm too cool to be normal" blah blah blah... we've seen the same statements made over and over and over again. Nothing has changed. I don't know why you people keep bringing this topic back up. [/B][/QUOTE]

he just said what everyone is basically saying( [SIZE=1]over and over[/SIZE] )....need i say more? actually, need anyone else say more? 0.o

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Just how many times is this going to be brought up? I mean honestly. The same exact things are said every other week this thread comes up. It's always "there's no such thing as normal", "normal is just what the media wants you to believe", "I'm too cool to be normal" blah blah blah... we've seen the same statements made over and over and over again. Nothing has changed. I don't know why you people keep bringing this topic back up. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]And the most ironic aspect of this thread is the "normal" way in which people keep pointing out the fallicies of normallity...[/color]

There is no such thing as normal

[COLOR=indigo]Uhh... Yeah, I hope you realize that posting here may require you to actually [I]think[/I] before you post. One sentence posts rarely contain any thought. -Drix [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]Like, my god, I hope that you weren't mimicking [i]me[/i] there. Or, like, I'll get my boyfriend to bash you up, he like, does anything I want him to. *giggles* Heh, like WOW, I totally dig your shoes.

Like, WOW, so totally diggin this valley girl flair, and style

Like *BLEEEEARGH*

Heh. Just a question, was that aimed at people as a group, or specifically at someone you know?

There is not a normal, in my opinion. People may have similar attributes and methods, but in the end, there is no identical set mindset for normalcy. There are similarities, but then this thread would be called "similarities", no? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, if you were able to discern parody directed at the "valley girl" ideal, then you consider yourself valley girl. So, yes, then, I was making fun of you.

I was actually really satirizing someone else, but I think the piece was over their head and they didn't pick up on the satire.

For a look at normality and societal interaction, check out the lounge. I should have a neat little propaganda post there.

EDIT: Correction. It was moved to the Fiction board. "Who Goes There?"

Eh. I'm not Valley girl. Yeh. Uuh.

Just thought I would mention that.

What is amusing is that people make threads about stereotypes- with most saying that they are a mix of types, and then we have one on normality. Which was kind of argued about in the stereotypes thread... BAsically everyone is a 'mixer' incorporating different aspects of other people in their life. In this way we are all 'normal' but standards are different, personalities are, and so are circumstances. So, once again, No Normal.

Surprise.

I don't think anyone here has stated, in a serious, provable way, that there is a normal.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]OK, but this needs to have certain levels of differentness. It is normal to be different, but what about when people think of normal- they don't think of everything a person can be, only one kind of average persona, don't they? [/B][/QUOTE]

You're missing the point. EVERYONE is different. EVERYONE. Look at the word, "everyone." That means ALL. "Normal" is representational of what a majority (or ALL in some cases) of society is. Therefore, as ALL people are different, DIFFERENT is the NORMAL.

Get it?

Even thinking of varied levels and gradations of society, they are still ALL different. No person is the same, therefore, "being normal IS being different" and "being different IS being normal."

Get it?