OtakuBoards

Dickie Roberts,who saw it and liked it?

moon-scar demon

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Well, I want to see it, it looks funny. But the biggest problem is that... IT WILL NEVER GET HERE!!! My town has a one screen theater and each movie stays for a week, you can just imagin how long it would take. I mean, we just got Pirates of the Carribean today. But I already saw that, so it's all good. I will probably go to a different town to see it. I normally like all movies with David Spade. I've heard good things from other people about the movie, so I will see it.... when it comes.*Sits down for the million year wait*[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I saw it last night! It was nucking futs! lol cant get enough of that. David Spade was perfect for the movie lol. Did anyone else see Screech in the movie??? lol
(Saved By The Bell Screech) in case ppl dont know hehe

That was an awesome movie. I loved when [Spoiler]the dog brang a dead rabbit home and they had to clean it nd put it in their neighbours cage cause they thought it was theirs, then the neighbours screamed and said their rabbit died 2 days ago and now its back! so the moved!!![/Spoiler] lol that was awesome

I saw it, but I didn't think it was the best. It was funny in some parts, but a lot of the time, it was boring. The previews didn't really interest me. Though I went anyways for a birthday party. The plot was pretty good too. I also liked the part after the movie with actor's and actresses singing. That was kind of cool. Though this isn't a movie that I would go and actually buy when it comes out in video.

Guest Magdalena
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by moon-scar demon [/i]
[B]Thats nucking futs![/B][/QUOTE]
Please don't say that ever again

On another note. I hated the movie. I was sitting there wishing for it to end.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by craig8429 [/i]
[B]I just went and seen it, it had funny moments but I kinda called the ending :-/ [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it was very formulaic. And expectedly so. This was, after all, a film under the [i]Happy Madison[/i] label. ;)

Anyone who knows anything about films of this type will know what to expect. Personally, I could see where the plot was going from a million miles away.

You have your disillusioned protagonist who usually suffers from a traumatizing upbringing. Character flaws are a must. From the outset of the film, we're told how mediocre his life is. He's single or has relationship problems, collects modest wages, and generally has a selfish outlook on life. Over the course of [i]about[/i] ninety minutes he'll meet someone that changes his life, correct his behavorial flaws, overcome insurmountable odds, find true love, and live happily ever after.

Usually in that order.

Think about it. [i]Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, Mr. Deeds, The Water boy, Anger Management, The Animal, The Hot Chick[/i] and [i]Meet Joe Dirt[/i] are fine examples. Of course, there are more, but you get the picture.

I wasn't expecting [i]Dickie Roberts[/i] to be any different. It provided a few laughs and had a happy ending. Obviously, it shouldn't be at the top of anyone's "To see" list, but it's not quite unwatchable either.