OtakuBoards

New Dragonball

Guest Kenji

I started thinking and got bored. IF they where to make a new dragonball. Would you want for them to come up with new characters? When I say that I mean do you want to see new people. Cause on the last episode of GT they have a Goku jr and Vegeta jr. So would you like to see some familiar face's or new faces. I know I would like to see some new faces cause I kind of wouldn't want to see a Goku look a like cause it would be like Goku is back. But I wouldn't mind seeing someone who would look like Gohan.

[color=blue][font=times][b]Heh.... No Dragonball lost its "Touch" After the best saga of all.... The cell saga. I think it would be pointless to have a Dragonball (ES) Dragonball GT wasn't predictable at all in the beginning. It had queer things in it lke "The black star dragonballs" And "If they don't return to the palnet they were wished from. It will be destroyed" After that..... The series just got worse. :( Dragonball is dead. Let's keep it that way.

~Xaru.[/color][/font][/b]

From what I have heard things are getting so bad that DB's creator is fighting like mad to try and keep someone from making a Live Action version of DBZ. It is bad enough the series ran dry after the cell saga, but Live Action is guarenteed to ruin it once and for all.

[color=666666][size=1][i]I dont know. With todays technology you would be surprised. I say they could do one season of it then if it went well then keep it going if not trash it as soon as possible. Also if they make a new Dragonball(Which I highly doubt) they would put new faces intoit. But some of the older people would still be there.[/color][/size][/i]

[color=666666][size=1][i]Why would you make someone or something all powerful. Then there would be no oint to the show. The only thing Ihave a problem with Akira Toriyama is the fact that he is stopping a legecy. All we are going to see now are Re-runs. Nooooo,*runs and hides*[/color][/size][/i]

But the whole point is Toriyama wants to put it to rest it all ended long ago for him and he went on to other things. I'd be plenty upset to see someone taking my work and trying to establish themselves with it especially when you see it going in a direction you never wanted it to go. They should just respect his wishes and let him continue his other works without any more interuptions he seems happy doing manga and video games he's moved on and so should everyone else. : - ) (Just my two cents)

You guys went all crazy with this. i just wanted to no what would you guys and gals like to see. Come to find out most of yall don't want to see anything. But i think if they did a live action movie. It wouldn't be all that bad if it was good and planed out well.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stryder Hiryu [/i]
[B]Guys the live action movie went in production already.Itll cover saiyan to cell saga in four movies that will be at least three hours long each. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=teal][B][I]There was an old live action movie of Dragonball Z ages ago, but it didnt come out in this country. It was an old japanese film. But yeah, thats true. Its too late to complain about a live action movie, its already in production. I personally, would like to see a movie, not just because of my interest in Dragonball Z, but they would have to pull of some amazing fetes, both the actors and special effects. It would really test them. Also, yes Dragonball is dead, we have to accept that. It died after Dragonball Z, even the combined Buu saga dragged on. Akira knows what he is doing leaving it alone.[/I][/B][/COLOR]

[b][size=1]
Maybe they could do a real short series (like 26 episodes-ish) where they could just show the Dragonball universe in the future. You know, with fresh characters and a fresh story. And at the end you could get treated to the return of the Dragonballs and Goku for a short moment or something.[/b]

Just saying >.<[/size]

Guest YoukoFoxAngel
[COLOR=royalblue]I think Dragonball Gt is a big let down, almost even to the Super Saiyan 4. But a live action movie would be kinda cool, but I just wonder how they are gonna pull it all off.[/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
I could never see them adding to the plot, that would go nowhere. They've established the future already with the DBGT special (about a child of one of the children called Goku) who becomes a warrior in a peaceful world. It established what happened before that, and making anything else other than a story about this guy and his friends would be dumb. But this series would end up being dumb anyway.

I think people would be interested in either a story about the young Master Roshi or A saiyan story. It would be kind of like a "prequel" to it all. The basic idea is that the big fans could see how things developed since Akira was famous for leaving in gaps so we can guess ourselves.

Guest Stealth Knight
A new Dragonball might make it. I think the plot would have all new characters. Maybe like: There were a few saiyans that escaped planet Vegeta and they colonized another planet. Now they are all on earth. Seeing a new threat that they can challenge and become stronger after beating it.

[size=1]I would never want there to be any more Dragon Ball series. The whole idea has been beaten into the ground mercilessly, so there is really no [i]good[/i] way to go on with it.

I mean, Stealth Knight's idea with other survivors from Planet Vegeta finding their way to earth is fairly (no offense) lame. Why do they have to find their way to earth? Why do they have to all be Saiya-jins?

I believe that in order to make any theoretical series worth watching, there would have to be a major overhaul of everything. They could still have the Saiya-jins, but they would have to think of different advancements for them besides the common Super Saiya-jin through Super 4. They would have to integrate entirely different species of characters that would be "teamed up" with the rest so that the show does not seem just about the Saiya-jin race. We know all about them already, so there is no real point in trying to continue their story. They can still exist, but just not be as dominant in the plot.

This is one reason that age-old RPG [i]DragonBall BattleField[/i] lasted so long and did so well. That had some of OB's best role-playing writers of the time involved with it so we were all able to come up with new concepts and ideas, plots and sub-plots, probems and solutions ... Many characters developed significant depth over time. In my opinion, Sephiroth's (a retired member) character was the most fun to follow. The RPG had so many levels, which I believe was due to the diversity of the people involved. Each seemed to take something that they new well - whether it be a video game, other anime, or whatever - and applied it to their character in the RPG. With all these different worlds, the RPG was still able to maintain that same Dragon Ball feel to it.

If an animation/production studio could do all of that with a new spin-off kind of series, then I would support it. However, knowing how the media tends to work with these kinds of things, I doubt it would ever come to that. They would continue feeding fans the same old garbage instead of giving them something very radical and dynamic, but still maintains that local feeling.

It just would not happen.[/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest YoukoFoxAngel
I think the Dragonball Series was great, except they ran it into the ground with Dbgt. The only good thing in that is the Super Saiyan 4 idea, but even then, it's not consider a Super Saiyan Level.

I think that DB should end with DBGT and thats al. I mean why keep on dragging it out farther and farther making it longer with no real point. I mean think about it they've used about all teh ideas they could think of throwing Gt together, and teh way people say that sucks.. teh next would probably suck even worse and Akira wouldn't be worikin on it anyway.

Guest YoukoFoxAngel
The only reason Dbgt wasn't a sucess was because Akira didn't really have a good say in the making. They also turned almost everyone into geeks. It was degrading to watch it, I would rather watch Db/Z reruns over and over.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think they shoul make a totally new Dragonball series in the future. It would have far descendents of the original cast. I've started a story on my P.C. at home kind of like this. It would have a whole new concept and all that. But yes. The dragonball series, althoguh good, is getting to repetitive and old. I think we all saw this in the Majin Buu saga of Z.

[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]
[QUOTE][b] Box Hoy:I think they shoul make a totally new Dragonball series in the future. It would have far descendents of the original cast. I've started a story on my P.C. at home kind of like this. It would have a whole new concept and all that. But yes. The dragonball series, althoguh good, is getting to repetitive and old. I think we all saw this in the Majin Buu saga of Z.[/quote][/b]

Do not take this in any bad way shape or form. *Shoots the new Db Series* It's a good idea for you to make your own type of DB but I speak for all the *still* devoted DB/DBZ/DBGT fans to say enough is enough.

[QUOTE]Morpheus: Yeah, GT sucks. There will never be another DB because Akira said so. It was supposed to end at the frieza saga anyway.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your statment but I must say I was interested in the events after the Frieza Saga. After all if it stopped at the Frieza Saga I would not exist.

I agree completely with Piro though. As a devoted fan of DBZ I will say NO MORE DB SERIES. Speaking of DB Series. What the hell is with the new theme song? I mean it goes from: Dragonballs you gotta find those dragonballs. To a song that is both non-catchy but extremely annoying. Damn Funi! Hey not only ruin the dubbing and violence but they also remove the classics. *Sigh* I hat Funi more than ever!

Anyways. I feel like many others another DB series is both a bad idea and stupid as hell to try. Thank you for your time. *Blows up the Funi Building with a KI blast*

[/font][/color]

Dragonball z should have stopped where Akira Toriyama wanted it to.
After the cell saga I think.. The Buu saga at times was worthwhile but after a while I got annoyed. I think the movies should have done their thing but the anime needed to stop at the one and only DBZ because GT sucked.