Jump to content
OtakuBoards

The Presidents of the United States of America


Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Wow, what a really long band name. ^_^;

Anywho, I just wanted to say that I used to listen to them WAY back in the day. The songs they are probably the most famous for is "Lump" and the "Peaches" song. I really didn't care for the Peaches song, but I appreciated it just for the insaneness of it all.

I get nostalgic sometimes and I want to go back and listen to really old songs, and me and this chic named Andy were talking about older bands, and this one came up. So I downloaded "Lump" and I can't get it out of my head.

I know some of you guys have to like them, right?[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=indigo]I remember that the lead singer was a high school teacher (or something like that) and that in the "Peaches" video that band fought ninja for some random reason...

...anyway, never really cared for them...[/color]
Posted
[color=blue]Hell yeah! I stole the Presidents album from The Harlequin just the other day. I used to listen to them when I was a little kid, well a younger one then I am now anyway.
I remember that back then, I wanted to get the album, but because there was one swear word on "Kitty" my mum wouldn't let me get it. Oh well, I've got it now. It's so damn insane, those guys must have some weird animal\insect fetish. Well thats the impression I've gotten from their lyrics.[/color]
Posted
[font=gothic][color=indigo]....You did? Well, there's something I didn't realise. Ah well. I like a few of their songs, mainly stuff like Back Porch and Naked And Famous, and we have three of their albums, but other than that, not into them much.[/font][/color]
Posted
[FONT=arial]lol, I loved Kitty. probably my favorite song on the entire CD. though that wouldn't be saying too much, since I only listened to about 5 songs on the CD anyway. :cross:[/FONT]
Posted
I love the song "lump" it was just so different from it's time, but you know, weird al's "gump" gets a favorite from me, only just.

My friend Matt also loved to play peaches as loud as he could in the car, and see how many people would look at us stangely.
Posted
I loved POTUSA back when they first came out... "Lump", especially, was definitely unique and fun enough to stick out in my head as being an important song for my teenage years.

I have two of their other albums, "II", and "Freaked out and Small." None of the new songs are really all that great, with the notable exceptions of "Toob Amplifier" and "Death Star", if only for sheer quirkyness.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...