OtakuBoards

home schooling

Lord Prozen

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Prozen [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]well im home schooled but my mom is sticking me in school soon and im in the 6th grade and i've heard thats a bad time to go into [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Something some don't know, basically school is worthless until 9th grade. 8th if you're taking accelerated classes. This is assuming you don't go to some super study program that wants you taking calculus II by the time you're 17.

Wow! There is sure a lot of misconception about homeschooling here. I joined OB just to be able to reply to this thread...I am 10 years old and have never been to a school. My sister is 15 and went to school until the 2nd grade. Maybe a few homeschoolers have led a sheltered life, but I haven't. For one thing, you don't have to stay at home to be home schooled. You can go fishing and read a book, go to a park, go to the library, or anywhere, and the best thing about it is that you can have and make friends where ever you go. Some days I just hang out at the beach.
There is no peer pressure, I can sit in my underwear all day and read comic books or watch movies if I want. I can go to bed when I want, and get up when I want and basically study what I want. I can learn hands on everything and put to practical use everything I learn, and everyone can be my teacher. I can go to work with my dad or with my mom and learn their trades. I have more time to hang out with friends or just fool around, because I have no homework. I can cook and eat what I want. I can basically just be a kid with no worries and no stress. I play basketball and badminton for sports besides kayaking, fishing and surfing and model building. I wouldn't trade my life for anyones. When I grow up, I want to be a writer, and 100 other things. I hope you like school Lord Prozen, but I'm glad your mom gave you the option of only going for a year. I've been given the choice every year to go to school or remain a "self schooler" as my mom calls it, because she doesn't really teach us. She just reads to us and gives us interesting things to do and makes us work. That is how we learn. I don't think I'm missing anything, and all my friends wish they could be homeschooled like me.

[SIZE=1]I am Home Schooled.. I have been Home Schooled my whole life.. I'll probably never be sent to a School, for personal reasons. I can't imagine how tough it would be.. To be Home Schooled your whole life, then be put into a real school.. Just seems tough.. But you can do it. I'm sure it will take awhile for you to adjust to real school, but you can. I'm sure you'll meet alot of new friends.. Just keep your chin up, and stay strong..[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by crossed_angel [/i]
[B]I am being homeschooled this year and i love it! I have to get so many hours over a length of time... But I'm not alone in the whole "schooling" system. A few of my friends are homeschooled to! :P [/B][/QUOTE]
Okay, first off Teri-Ann.....

1) I hate home schooling!!! I've said it once, twice, maybe a thousand times, and I'll say it again!! I HATE HOMESCHOOLNING.

2) Oh yeah, two hours of work a day. I haveta say that's just lazyness. I have seven hours of work a day. AND I haveta get up a lot earlier than you! you can sleep as long as you want a day as long as you wake up for two hours to do your work! one word, LAZYNESS.

3) A few friends?! A few?!! wow, now you're counting one as about two. yup, always that little slip of the smartness goes away.

4) you spelled "to" wrong. It's supposed to be "too". yup, another slip of the brain.

Okay admins, mods, I'm sorry that I only typed that to one person. but.....well....I honestly don't know. I know I did a no-no and it won't happen again.

• 2 weeks later...
I went to public school from 1st-7th.I've been home schooled ever since.Starting a new school can be hard. I know because my family moved alot.All you have to do is look friendly and don't be afraid to talk to someone. Some people will blow you off but don't get discouraged. They wouldn't be the type of friend you'd want anyway. Heres a little advice. If you have a skill don't be afraid to show it off. My art skills helped me make friends in school all the time.I'm homeschooled because I have to be not because I choose.My family travels all over the country so I couldn't go to one school.If I had to choose I'd pick public school because I love meeting new people my age.Boyh home school and public school can be invalulibe so the decision is up to you.Good luck.