OtakuBoards

Naruto

Zen

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]
Well, since there are no current threads about it, why not create a Naruto thread. We can jus talk about who's your favorite character, why? Why do you like Naruto in the first place? Whats your favorite village or technique? Why? So and so.

For one, I like Rock Lee. He is a truely cool character. He more than makes up for his inability to use Nin and Genjutsu with his amazing Taijutsu hand to hand techniques. He can also open 5 out of the 8 Inner Body Gates, which is more than almost any shinobi can. Gen/Ninjutsu or not. His pure determintation [spoiler] Like the fact taht he almost died in his fight with Gaara and destroyed his body. The medic said he could never be a shinobi again. And what does he do? Pushes his body to new limits (after healing.)[/spoiler] is also an amazing part about him.

My favorite Technique is the, duh! Extreme Lotus. Because it steps beyond the minds limits on the human body, giving the user the ability to unlock his body's full power and speed. When used, the user becomes so fast, that he cannot be seen, let alone touched. And I take it he also becomes extremely strong.

Rock Lee is deffinetly a great character.

Now, is there any other discussions on any subject concerning Naruto? (and please, no spam or fangirl fantasies.)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Wow, this thread is a complete surprise to me. :rolleyes:

In any case, are you trying to have a talk about the anime or manga version? It seemed like you were following the anime, but then jump out of nowhere with that manga reference. IMO, it would be nice to have an anime discussion without those smart-aleck manga remarks (i.e., "Oh, we already know that from the manga, us great great manga readers that we are"). I hate elitism...

Cool a Naruto thread, asome idea

For me i think Zabuza and Haku were truley asome characters [SPOILER] its just really sucks that they both die at the end of there little saga, i was heoping they come back[/SPOILER] there my favs becaues of this. First Zabuza this guy is the freaky kind cool, like when he was remebering how kill over 100 Mist Gein when he was a kid and then he says it sure was fun, he also has well desgin Jutsu's [SPOILER]which before Naruto steped in, had Kakashi on his kness[/SPOILER] also i love his final moments [SPOILER]After Haku died, and Gato slamed his face with his cane and called Zabuza a baby devil, he then ask's Naruto for his kunai, and then goes thrashing threw all of Gatous bodygards, and lays donw the law with Gatou and then slashs him up and trows him from the bridge[/SPOILER]

Haku i really loved as a character becaues of his un dieing loyalty to Zabuza, [SPOILER] espilcy as Kakashi was getting ready to kill Zabuza with the lightning edge, Haku makes a ice mirror an takes the blow, makeing Kakashi shalsh straight threw his heart[/SPOILER] He was always looking out for him, and how he belive he was a tool of Zabuza's, i think the best part of Haku's role was when he finds Naruto in the forest and tells him aobut " Precious Person"

As for my favorite Village? thats essay, it would be the Hidden Mist Village, caues the both raised Haku and Zabuza, they have their reputation of creating the best assaion squads and there hunter nins and highly skilled, And fav Jutsu would have to be Haku's Demon Ice Mirrors, that move is asome how its [SPOILER] use's Haku's advance blood line and the mirrors reflections to give him extreme speed, add that to his skill with needles and its a deadly force[/SPOILER]

I went to that NarutoGuide thing but left unhappy. 1st it didnt have an episode guide like I wanted and then I spent 15 minutes trying to get into the forum. I never did. Anyway I think Sasuke is the coolest because he looks cool, acts cool, and almost got a bell. "I couldnt even read make-out paradise while fighting him" that was funny.

[I]Chuunin Exam Spoilers Ahead...[/I]

Everyone loves Rock Lee after [I]that[/I] episode. However, while usually all of the Naruto universe makes sense, I don't understand how Lee can use the gates but can't use Genjutsu or Ninjitsu. Isn't the requirement only chakra use? I wonder what's up... Secondly, we all know he was making a come-back because of that new ending sequence. Haha, what a spoiler!

It was an interesting message that rang through the end of Rock Lee's match. Truly, will and determination aren't enough to defeat a genius. The fact that Gaara still had his trump card unused was a shocker (haha, who would have thought that the gourd would be made of sand?!). Rock Lee's fall was impulsiveness, and I'm sure that Naruto will not forget this lesson.[quote]My favorite Technique is the, duh! Extreme Lotus. Because it steps beyond the minds limits on the human body, giving the user the ability to unlock his body's full power and speed. When used, the user becomes so fast, that he cannot be seen, let alone touched. And I take it he also becomes extremely strong[/quote] That's only an effect of opening the first gate, and not an inherent trait of the primary lotus. We don't fully know or understand each of the gates' functions - at least not yet. IMO, the final gate lets you live beyond death - if only temporarily. Besides that, I didn't get a good look at the names of each gate to make a conclusion.

EDIT: Here's a fun discussion thread that I read at some other message board (that I'm not a member of): [B]If Haku took the Chuunin Exam[/B] Who would he beat? Who would beat him? Why?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B][I]Chuunin Exam Spoilers Ahead...[/I]

That's only an effect of opening the first gate, and not an inherent trait of the primary lotus. We don't fully know or understand each of the gates' functions - at least not yet. IMO, the final gate lets you live beyond death - if only temporarily. Besides that, I didn't get a good look at the names of each gate to make a conclusion.

EDIT: Here's a fun discussion thread that I read at some other message board (that I'm not a member of): [B]If Haku took the Chuunin Exam[/B] Who would he beat? Who would beat him? Why? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]
The Manga explains the logic of the Extreme Lotus. It states that the mind only allows the muscles to reach 20% of its full potential, the Lotus Techniques are a form of extreme meditation (hence 'Lotus') that allows the user to break free from the mind's boundries on the muscles, there for letting the attacker unlock there muscles full potential, but his is dangerous to the body and near fatal, so the Extreme Lotus technique is used only in "Extreme" situations.

[B]If Haku took the Chuunin Exam:[/B] He would beat Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and many other's until he came across Gaara, who would then use the Desert Coffin technique on him, then using the Desert Gravyard to finish the job.

If he did not come across him, then he would be defeated by Rock Lee, because the Demon Ice Mirror only works on Ninjutsu's and Genjutsu's. Meaning he would have no effect on Lee's Taijutsu's. Using his amazing speed and the his only weapon, Bandages, he would render Haku paralyzed and pummel him to a bloody pulp.

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote]The Manga explains the logic of the Extreme Lotus. It states that the mind only allows the muscles to reach 20% of its full potential, the Lotus Techniques are a form of extreme meditation (hence 'Lotus') that allows the user to break free from the mids boundries on the muscles, there for letting the attacker unlick there muscles full potential, but his is dangerous to the body and near fatal, so the Extreme Lotus technique is used only in "Extreme" situations.[/quote] Again, you are referring to the opening of the first two gates, and not the primary lotus. The primary lotus requires the gates to be open in order to execute it, but they are not one in the same. The first gate does what you mentioned, and the second lets the bodies' muscles go beyond their limit. You need this freedom to do the primary lotus.

Might I add, chakra is used to break the the limits.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]I never said the Lotus technoqiues were the same. The Lotus techniques goes by stages. Lotus, Initial Lotus which then begins to push the body's limits, and then it goes to Extreme Lotus, which is self destructive. It does take the opening of the Initial Gate to let go of the mind's bind on the body's muscles (hence 'Intial Lotus') and the Heal Gate to keep the body from pretty much caving in on the user. But the opening of the gates and the use of Chakra have no relation to Gen/Ninjutsu. Ninjutsu is simply the use of Ninja weapons and assasination using whatever mean, inlcuding the use of Chakra, and Genjutsu is the use of chakra to create an illusion or magic. So, Chakra is also used in Taijutsu to increase the strenght of the user. Such as Jyuken (Gentle Fist) and Hyuga Style Taijutsu.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]I never said the Lotus technoqiues were the same. The Lotus techniques goes by stages. Lotus, Initial Lotus which then begins to push the body's limits, and then it goes to Extreme Lotus, which is self destructive. It does take the opening of the Initial Gate to let go of the mind's bind on the body's muscles (hence 'Intial Lotus') and the Heal Gate to keep the body from pretty much caving in on the user.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] O_o
primary lotus = "extreme lotus"
secondary lotus = "initial lotus"

I didn't say that you were comparing the two lotus techniques - you were giving the first and second gates' attributes over to the "extreme lotus."

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]So, Chakra is also used in Taijutsu to increase the strenght of the user. Such as Jyuken (Gentle Fist) and Hyuga Style Taijutsu.[/COLOR][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

actully TaiJutsu is Chakra free Daigo, its like this Nin and Gen Jutsu need Chakra to be raised and Seal(in) TaiJutsu is just normal hand to hand combat, thats why when Rock Lee and Sasake fought, Saske could see the moves, but not react to them cause no Chakra,

Also heres the order the gates get open for the Extreme, Fianl what ever yah want to call it Lotus,

Life Gate

Wound Gate

Forest Gate

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]
So how does the Jyuken and Hyuga Taijutsu's work? They are Taijutsu's technically, but they use alot of Chakra. But the use of them both requires the Byukugan technique. Soooo..... What?

PS-this means I was right that the Lotus Techniques were forms of extreme meditation.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Ah. So the Lotus is nothing more than pure body power and meditation. That makes Rock Lee even more impressive amongst the Shinobi's.

Okay, for another discussion. The Hikita/Naruto realationship. It is obviously true. And the fact that Naruto also feels for her creates a love triangle amongst him and Sakura. So, who do you think Naruto would choose? And why?

Another subject, what are some of your favorite jutsu's? Why? (such as why I like the Extreme Lotus technique.)

And who are your favorite characters? Why?

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote]So how does the Jyuken and Hyuga Taijutsu's work? They are Taijutsu's technically, but they use alot of Chakra. But the use of them both requires the Byukugan technique. Soooo..... What?

PS-this means I was right that the Lotus Techniques were forms of extreme meditation.[/quote] :twitch: How does that have anything to do with the Lotus? That doesn't prove anything about the primary lotus. Those are techniques that are based on lineage, and are exclusive to certain bloodlines. The lotus, on the other hand, is a simple taijutsu technique. Yeah, it's not [I]simple[/I] simple, but there's nothing special about it except the prerequisites to execute it. Moving on... [quote]If Haku took the Chuunin Exam: He would beat Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and many other's until he came across Gaara, who would then use the Desert Coffin technique on him, then using the Desert Gravyard to finish the job.[/quote] Haha, don't you think you are overestimating Gaara? Clearly, a Jounin would kick his rear (as you saw at the end of Rock Lee's fight), and, considering that Haku was on the level of Kakashi, I would have to disagree with that opinion. Gai flung aside Gaara's desert coffin like it was nothing, so I would have to say that the only one who would give Haku any trouble would be the person who dropped out before the elimination portion of the exam ([spoiler]Kabuto[/spoiler]). [quote]Another subject, what are some of your favorite jutsu's? Why? (such as why I like the Extreme Lotus technique.)
[/quote] Haha, my favorite is the strongest jutsu in the entire series: Sexy no Jutsu! Simply the most powerful, and the most clever jutsu, known only to Naruto and his apprentice.

I got to arge with AzueWolf on this one, i mean Haku would take out Gaara with the bat of a eyelash, and if he went agasnt Rock Lee, he would end up worse off then after he fought Gaara, its true Lee is fast, but only after he takes his weaights, and he has to get Gai's permission for that, and plus before Haku begins the attack you have that bright flash, and Rock Lee wouldn't be able to block an attack from all sides, plus he wouldnt be able to follow Haku's movements . So Rock Lee would become a pin cusion

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lone Bebop [/i]
[B]I got to arge with AzueWolf on this one, i mean Haku would take out Gaara with the bat of a eyelash, and if he went agasnt Rock Lee, he would end up worse off then after he fought Gaara, its true Lee is fast, but only after he takes his weaights, and he has to get Gai's permission for that, and plus before Haku begins the attack you have that bright flash, and Rock Lee wouldn't be able to block an attack from all sides, plus he wouldnt be able to follow Haku's movements . So Rock Lee would become a pin cusion [/B][/QUOTE]

Uhhh... I wouldnt want to agree with you on that one. First of all haku couldnt penetrate the sheild of sand let alone the armor of sand. I mean, Naruto could've beaten him so what gives you the idea that Haku would beat Gaara?

Anyway, I would have to say the great... Itachi. I mean, he could probably beat Orochimaru even. Haku couldnt beat him because Itachi would follow his movements with the sharingan. And aside from that, he has the special sharingan technique that gives you an illusion of choice. Everyones practically scared of him. Including Orochimaru. So, thats a no brainer. HE IS THE BEST!!!

My favorite technique is probably Sexy no Jutsu.. I mean, mmmm.. SEXAH! Plus it's funny. heh.

Character? Both Gaara and Sasuke are so cool, and Sasuke is like a human orgasm, I swear. I swear, he turned me bi or something, because he's like the sexiest thing ever.

I've only seen a bit of the anime, and read a lot of the manga... I really don't like the Wave saga, but Haku ownz0rs, so it's okay. Yeah..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jubei Yagyou [/i]
[B]Uhhh... I wouldnt want to agree with you on that one. First of all haku couldnt penetrate the sheild of sand let alone the armor of sand. I mean, Naruto could've beaten him so what gives you the idea that Haku would beat Gaara?

Anyway, I would have to say the great... Itachi. I mean, he could probably beat Orochimaru even. Haku couldnt beat him because Itachi would follow his movements with the sharingan. And aside from that, he has the special sharingan technique that gives you an illusion of choice. Everyones practically scared of him. Including Orochimaru. So, thats a no brainer. HE IS THE BEST!!! [/B][/QUOTE] Hey, it's the one and only. You know, I was just talking about you: [quote]IMO, it would be nice to have an anime discussion without those smart-aleck manga remarks (i.e., "Oh, we already know that from the manga, us great great manga readers that we are"). I hate elitism...[/quote] I don't know what that entire second paragraph is about, since it clearly doesn't pertain to the topic at hand. Second, it just sounds like you are trying to boast how you know more because you read the manga. Bravo, you read the manga version, and are now an invaluable credit to the human race. :golf clap:

The question was [I]If [B]HAKU[/B] took the Chuunin exam[/I], not [I]If the entire freakin' Naruto universe took the Chuunin exam[/I]. So, to that effect, I'll only respond to your first paragraph. [quote]Uhhh... I wouldnt want to agree with you on that one. First of all haku couldnt penetrate the sheild of sand let alone the armor of sand. I mean, Naruto could've beaten him so what gives you the idea that Haku would beat Gaara?[/quote] Water isn't the frindliest thing to water, and remember that Haku was toying with Naruto and Sasuke. Also recognize that Haku was on a level of a Jounin (Kakashi, to be exact), so are you saying that Gaara is stronger than Kakashi? If that's the case, you are truly overestimating Gaara. First off, that scene with Gai was to remind you that no matter how wicked awesome these Genins are, they still have a long way to go to match the previous generation. So, even if Haku couldn't beat Gaara by slowing down the sand with water, I'm betting he would have more tricks up his sleeve.

New Discussion that me and Lone are having threw PMs. Do you think Sakura and Rock Lee would make a cool couple? (notice I say cool instead of cute in fear of sounding like a woman.) I think Sakura does not deserve the greateness of Rock. See this quote:

*Lee Walks up to Sakura*

" Hey there, my name is Rock Lee, I'm super cool, want to go out with me? I'll protect you to the death."

" Your lame, yah have a bowl hair cut and thick eyebrows, and huge eyes, stay away from me."

That is Cold.....

[COLOR=limegreen]Yes true it was cold, but it was mad funny, i think it be a nice twist to see if those to got hooked up and Saske ended up with Ino-Pig i'm just trying to think what Sakura's and Lee kids would look like, a litte version of Sakura with thick eyebrows and big eyes and a little version of Lee with Pink hair an a huge fore head
yesh thats a scary thought, but i think after Lee helps Sakura out in the forest o death she starts to driff away from Sasake and begens to like Lee[/COLOR]