OtakuBoards

"The World"

MidnightWolf

[color=green]Hi MidnightWolf,

RPGs should have a thorough background and plot to them, and the first Recruitment post should contain at least a brief overview of that story. Your post contains no back story whatsoever.

Seeing this post and your post in the Battle Arena, I'd urge you to put a little more effort in when you're posting in the Arena sections of OtakuBoards. [b]Please review the rules and The Harlequin's sticky.[/b] I'd also encourage you to look over other RPGs for examples of what is acceptable in this forum, and put more effort into your posts in the Adventure Arena. Feel free to PM me or any other moderators if you have any questions.

Thanks,
--terra[/color]

I have to type this in to make this an official Recruitment....

FOR THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE PLAYED .hack you know what this is. "The World" on this board does not follow "The World" from the real one or from the game. It doesn't continue with a story. It is just "The World" for this board. So, Register and make up along the way your own story, like if you run into a friend on "The World". Oh, "The World" for this board is the same as the game but, no story, you make it up along the way. Just as if "The World" is real but, on the baords. NOTE: Right now there will only be Delta Server available for every character. So just like .hack//INFECTION when you started off, how there was only one Server.

FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT follow .hack or don't know about it, it is suppost to be an actual person playing the game. Well, you are,but,well....it is hard to explain. Well, in the game there is something called "The World" it is the actual game the person is playing. "The World" has Server's in it just as if it was an online game. It is suppost to be an online game. It is simulated to be an online game. So in .hack there is other people playing "The World", but not real people, obviously. There are something called Choas Gate's they are for the character's playing "The World". They use them to Gate to different Area's, Server's, and for when you are going to an Area to type in keyword's. An AREA is a seperate place where you go to. There is a field as soon as you enter the area. There are monster's out on the field. If you go toward a Magic Portal, monster's will emerge from them. A DUNGEON is also in an area. In the field there is an entrance to these dungeon's, there is also Magic Portal's and monster's there. Inside of the dungeon at the lowest level, there is a Statue I forget the correct term, and there are three item's in the Treasure Box in front of them. SERVER'S are where you find the Chaos Gate's and as soon as you go to a Server there is a Root Town. ROOT TOWN'S are just what they sound like. It is a town where there is an Elf's Haven(which is where you can store and withdraw items, like a bank.), an Item Shop, a Weapon's Shop, a Scroll Shop(which is where you buy Scroll's. Scroll's are the same thing as Magic.), and there are other player's in the Root Town's, obviously. That should be all you need to know for now. I will explain Element's and everything else, if you want me to. If you you need me to tell you, just PM me or E-Mail me. You might need to, we will probably talk about it on "The World" though. So, you may not. Just ask a player in "The World" and they will tell you.

[color=green][b]As there is no double posting, I've edited your two posts together. Please do not double post in the future. --terra[/b][/color]

------------------------------
Signup:

User Name: Lance
Class: Twinbalde
Description of Character: Blue outfit(Outfit that Kite has, but, no hat.), Brown Spiked hair, Blue eye's, Tattoo's on both sides of cheeks(Just like Tsukasa's but upside down, in the shape of an "L". One of the tattoo's are a backword's "L". So they are in identical to eachother but, the one on the left is backword's. So like Tsukasa's but, upside down.), Black gloves(Just like Tsukasa's how, his have the finger's and thumb's cut out.), and Black Shoes.(Whatever Kite wear's.)

User Name: Kyo
Class: Long Blade
DoC: He has black fuzzy hair, wears a white gi, purple eyes, evil smile, sandals, and a strap on his back to hold the blade.

Midnight, there is no double posting alound and you need to add more to this sign up. Ill edit when you do.

Sounds cool, a Message borad version of the world,

User Name: Whist

Class: Heavy Blade

Weapon: ((Shouldn't we list this?)) Neck Clever (( Kind Zabuza has))

Description of Character: weres dusty dark tan baggy jeans with many pockets, weres beatn work boots and the upper part of his body is cover in skin died tattos, has muilti colored hair the whole right half is blue and covers the right half of his face, the left is comb back and falls into 3 large locks, the colors being, White, Red, Green, weres two large black Leather and Iron gloves that go up to his elbows

Ok first off, Eternal Otaku I never double posted on this board and if I did I am sorry. Secondly, you only need to add User Name, Class, and Description of Character. I will tell you why, when you Register for "The World" you are only registering, not getting item's or anything. So, Lone Bebop you don't need to add your weapon. When you sign on "The World" you will have a few items....10 Health Potions(the lowest form of health drinks, that restore 50 or 100 which ever it is....), 10 Antidote's, and 10 Restorative's. You start out with a weapon, level 1 weapon, which ever your class is. If you do not know the class's they are: Long Arm, HeavyBlade, Twinblade, Blademaster, and HeavyAxe.

LoneBebop you start with the lowest class weapon. So you will have a level 1 HeavyBlade. I am not tottaly sure what more to add. If people are unsure of what is what, they can ask someone in "The World". As far as money goes, you just sell weapon's, items, or scroll's. Or whatever you wish to get money. Just like in .hack, everything is mostly the same. You do not get the same items, anything after .hack//INFECTION is not included. Such as Health Drinks or AnitMage Soul or whatever they are called. They will be included when the next Server opens, just like the game. Remember there is no story, you make the story up as you go on.
PLEASE DO NOT: Post anything perverted or rude. No cursing, obviously.

I do not think anyone will sell items, but if you do and have a question about how much you will recieve contact me. If you sell any weapons from level 1-5 depending on what level it is you will recieve about 100-500gil. We don't need to worry about money really, but just don't go overboard, like buying tons of items and buying tons of stuff. If it get's overboard I will make up a money list of how much is what.

So, everyone that sign's up get's 10 Health Potions, 10 Antidote's, 10 Restorative's, and a level 1 weapon of whatever the Class you are. Remember this is only a Registration Form for "The World", you have a weapon when you start just like I stated.If you have any more question's contact me.

• 7 months later...
User Name: Jim Mishima
Class: Wavemaster
Description of Character: Jim wears a blue trench-coat with the sleeves extending a bit past his hands. The robe comes down to his feet and drag a bit, also he has white lines going across his sleeves, the bottom of his robe, and the stomach area. He carries around a short staff with a small white orb floating above it. Jim has dark blue hair to match his blue eyes, and two two "Lightning Bolt" shapes that go over his eyes downwards.

*Hope thats alright*

[color=green]Sorry, guys, but not only is this an old thread, but when it was around, it already had issues with back story and plot.

eclips, please check the date of the thread before you reply to it. In this case, the last post was in October of 2003, over six months ago.

I am closing this thread to avoid any more confusion. If you need further explanation, please feel free to PM me.
thanks,
--terra[/color]