OtakuBoards

I need advise on Hellsing

Kyo no Ryu

Sadly, I haven't seen this rather popular series.

I've heard that Hellsing has excellent animation and some pretty cool fights. However, I've also heard that the character designs tend to change from episode to episode, and that it doesn't have much in the way of replay value.

Anyway, if the entire series is only $30 dollars, go for it.

~Dagger~

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]I totally recommend it. I have all DVDs (bought them as they came out), and I've watched all 13 episodes in both English and Japanese.

If you're going to buy the DVDs separately, I suggest buying them at Best Buy. They cost no more than $22.99 each. The box set is just slightly over $100.[/color][/font]

First of all yes buy this series its a must have. It currently tied for my number 1 favorite anime ever along with Cowboy Bebop, but this one needs to have the second series be produced already and i know the creators are going to do that. Anyway yea this series rocks, the gore, action, fight scenes, and Arucard (Alucard) everything was perfect. And i have to go with Cyke on this one in suggesting to buy the box set since, well probably like him i just bought it once it came out and wasnt given an offer like that.

Heh, I haven't actually gotten to watch the series yet, but I know the soundtrack is great. :p On the off chance that helps any.

It is definitely on my personal to get/watch list, though, since I've heard a ton of good things about it, and the idea is kind of cool. AND, because Alucard is Dracula backwards. o.O Wow.

I haven't seen the series yet, but I have all of the manga thats out right now (5). If the anime is as great as the manga, then I say go for it. Good action, gore, story, etc. But then again... the anime is more of Incognito but in the manga its about the Nazis...

[color=indigo]I found the bow set at Suncoast for about fifty dollars, so I am sure you can purchase it pretty cheaply. It is a realtively decent anime, the dubbing was done pretty well and the animation is very good. I thought that the series ended rather abruptly, but I always hear rumors of a second season.[/color]

Wow now thats good advise. But I can never find the first volume att Best Buy. I dont have $30 right now though. I was asking b/c everytime I go to get it I buy 3 manga instead. I cant decide!!! And now I have $10 and cant decide manga, .hack deck, or save up! Im so confused. Keep the advise coming.

Listen, i have here one of the best sites to buy anime (( Its all legal stuff)) and its super cheep! very good prices

[url]www.discountanimedvd.com[/url]

that place has the Hellsing Perfect Collection for only 25$ ((30 really with shipping)) the Perfect Collection is basicly all 13 eips on 2 DVDs in a folding type box, its a good bye

Hellsing isn't to bad, I suggest it as a pick up.
Positives to the series

+ good animation
+a halfway decent story
+alot of violence.
+ a rather diffrent vampire who doesn't fear drinking females blood.

Downs to the series
- the dubbing so so bad you'll want to hunt the people acting british down and spear them with sporks,
-The series is really short right when it gets good it ends.
- not really any good features on the dvd :-/

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lone Bebop [/i]
[B]Listen, i have here one of the best sites to buy anime (( Its all legal stuff)) and its super cheep! very good prices

[url]www.discountanimedvd.com[/url]

that place has the Hellsing Perfect Collection for only 25$ ((30 really with shipping)) the Perfect Collection is basicly all 13 eips on 2 DVDs in a folding type box, its a good bye [/B][/QUOTE]

I already have the prices of all the best anime on that site written yes written. I t was quite a fun way to spend 3 nights. i know about rhat site but Im not aloud tto buy from the internet b/c off certain check problems.... As for the $10 decision i bought a manga $_$

You guys are so lucky...I bought the whole set for around 130 dollars...just for 13 episodes too...

Get the anime...be warned however...that it is extremely gory and violent...a lot of blood...there's a few sex scenes as well...but Alucard is one of the coolest anime characters I've ever seen...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by craig8429 [/i]
[B]
Downs to the series
- the dubbing so so bad you'll want to hunt the people acting british down and spear them with sporks,
-The series is really short right when it gets good it ends.
- not really any good features on the dvd :-/ [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you seriously how can you say the dubbing was bad...unless your Japanese yourself, every dub is usually good. Anyway though this dub was perfect i saw both the sub and dub and the sub sucked for the voice of Arucard. How you can say that is beyond me...I mean their supposed to have British accents since it takes place in Britian. Oh well could just be me.

I think I must be the only person to find this anime to be extremely overrated.

I originally purchased Hellsing for about 27 dollars due to great reviews from both individuals on here as well as some of my friends. I had high expectations, but few were actually met. I think one thing I could always count on was the animation. It was very well done, and fluid, I might add; it helped to create the dark atmosphere of the series, and the artists did a nice job.

The story line was really what got to me. It simply didn't seem to be going anywhere, from what I saw, and wasn't very realistic on the whole. The main character's (the girl, I can't even remember her name) emotions had very little substance, and I could not picture myself in that situation acting so...unsurprised at all of these super natural occurances. Plus, [spoiler]if I were heading a secret organization that killed vampires (beings that would encite panic among people), I would want to keep it top secret and go about everything in a professional manner. Here, so many people know about Hellsing, and they do little to keep it in the dark. Even the Queen of England knows, for gosh sakes. O_o I also dislike the fact that you practically cannot kill anyone, good guy or bad. It completely throws the suspense out the window, and it seems like they are fighting for fun.[/spoiler] That being said, though, I have to say that I did enjoy the first episode, but aparently it was very misleading for the rest of the series.

I'd have to say that I found the series average at best, and that was with the subtitles on. The dub didn't really impress me at all, and this is coming from someone who has a very open mind when it comes to anime that has been dubbed. Buy it if you like, on other people's accounts, I simply didn't enjoy it as much as they did.

In reply to above:

[SPOILER]Well, you would think it natural for the queen to know, since she is the head of state. It would be like the president of the USA not knowing what the FBI was up to. Plus, Alucard [I]is[/I] killing for fun. "Use your next technique. Hurry, hurry, hurry!" And the only bad guy that doesn't die is Anderson.
[/SPOILER]

I would recommend you to get it now. Its a thoroughly good series, excellent animation and bucketloads of style (You just gotta watch the intro to see this). Alucard is damned cool, Seras is suitably wimpy [SPOILER]with those occasional 'O_o' moments when her eyes go black and she starts beating the crap out of everything[/SPOILER]

My only complaint would be the length. Only 13 epsiodes? I want more! >_<

I hear that a second series is planned once the manga is finished, however.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by morpheus13 [/i]
[B]from what i have seen so far it is definatly worth getting not to mention that the music is great. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]"[b]From[/b] what [b]I[/b] have seen so far it is [b]definitely[/b] worth getting. [b]Not[/b] to mention that the music is great."

Yeah, your post quality could be better. Please go to the OB Information Center and read the rules there. Thank you.[/color][/size]

Guest Pyckelo
I remember my first post here was asking if I should buy the entire series. I did, and have never regretted my decision. Now, ALL my friends are Hellsing addicts, and I got a few more prople into anime. It is an awesome series, and I got it for 102 dollars. My only compliant is it's too short.