OtakuBoards

Scary Movie 3

Michelangelo

I saw SM last Friday? and I wish I hadn't. I haven't seen the other two and there was a lot of hype so I checked it out... my friend and I get to the theater about 20 min late >.> There was this one scene where they Totally went over-the-top and I?m not fond of physical comedy. It just wasn?t my thing.

I just saw the movie, and I think it was absolutely hillarious. The part where [spoiler]two black guys whose names I don't remember were beating on that one woman's dead body because they thought she was still alive[/spoiler] was one of the funniest parts in the movie. The first scene was also hilarious, and so was the one with the teleprompter.

I have sene the first 2 movies, sadly, the third doesn't come out until the 11th of December over here.

They are good movies, but can never measure up to the like sof Airplane and Hot Shots, arguably the spoof movie kings, however, with David Zucker directing this movie, the mastermind behind the Airplane Duology, I think it has some kind of hope, I really hope it surpasses the other two, I'm up for a good laugh come 11 December.

I know, I know, most of you have seen it, so you probably know my expectations are either spot on, or hoplessly lost, let me dream, pass over them if they are hoplessly innacurate.

So stupid... it's rated pg 13 while all the others were rated R... it's either produced or directored by different people too this time.

All of my friends that have seen it thinks its way dumb. Don't waste the 6 dollars to see it, it's not worth it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Emme888 [/i]
[B]So stupid... it's rated pg 13 while all the others were rated R... it's either produced or directored by different people too this time.

All of my friends that have seen it thinks its way dumb. Don't waste the 6 dollars to see it, it's not worth it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, that's kinda what it's supposed to be. If you go in there expecting an epic storyline, you'll be dissapointed.

I don't know what movie you guys saw. I've not seen Scary Movie, but I have seen 2. 3 kills that movie in every way possible. The biggest reason is that it is actually funny at times.

Parody movies rarely have great storylines that make sense. The "story" is usually just a vehicle to get as many jokes out as possible within the length of a movie. I don't know why people would expect anything else.

It not being Rated R didn't really make much of a difference anyway. Maybe it's just me, but I'm tired of comedies that rely on gross humor for everything. Penises everywhere, people having sex constantly, who knows what else. If the Wayans worked on this one, there'd probably be bukkake. I think that's stupid and has ran its course. I was happy to see this relied on this very little (other than implied things and busty girls, there wasn't really any of it.)

And of course, many jokes will fall flat on their face. You're running that risk with this sort of movie. Some things just won't appeal to everyone and some things are just bad. For example, I thought that whole Queen Latifah scene was [i]terrible[/i]. I didn't find it remotely funny and I thought it went on way too long.

That was my main problem with some of it. Things that were funny had the humor dragged out of them because they really just didn't know where to stop. Other sections of the movie were great, while others weren't funny at all.

In any case, it's not the most amazing thing ever... but I hardly feel like I wasted my money.

[QUOTE]The nephew, that poor kid. I feel really sorry for him
I don't want to spoil anything for Shinji Ikari, so I'll shut up.

[/QUOTE]

Ah, the joys of [-spoiler] tags :p

[QUOTE]
So stupid... it's rated pg 13 while all the others were rated R... it's either produced or directored by different people too this time.

All of my friends that have seen it thinks its way dumb. Don't waste the 6 dollars to see it, it's not worth it.

[/QUOTE]

that actually makes me feel better about this movie, that hey could perhaps make a movie that is funny without being too overly vulgar and disgusting, I've seen the reailer sneek peaks, and from what I've seen it's good. I don't know about you, but i don't feel like seeing fountains of [spoiler] "you-know-what"[/spoiler] again, ever.

I didn't like [I] Scary Movie 3[/i] very much. It was interesting that this film placed a greater emphasis on satirizing popular culture instead of simply limiting itself to the horror genre and ghetto humor. Unfortunately, despite the broader range of source material, most of the jokes seemed forced or flat. Zucker working with somehing that only focuses on two or three popular horror movies probably attributed to that.

Now, I'm not an elitist in the theater by a long shot and I'm generally an easy target for laughter. Granted, because of that, I did laugh during [i]Scary Movie 3[/i] a certain points--but not at the same frequency as I did during the first two.

The [i]Scary Movie[/i] series has, next to the [i]Austin Powers[/i] films, always excelled because the films parody their targets in a clever way. But, when you resort to [spoiler]blasting a hole through a portrait of Mother Teresa's face with a shotgun as a gag--you're going in the complete opposite direction.[/spoiler] I also felt the movie relied too much on its main characters bumping their heads than setting up interesting scenerios.

Perhaps if I hadn't seen a good portion of what this film had to offer in the trailer, I would have enjoyed it more. As it stands now, I doubt I'll complete my set by buying the DVD when it comes out. I got all the fun I'm going to get from it at the movies. heh

[color=silver]Sweet jeebus, Simon Cowell does not originate in 'American Idol', the British 'Pop Idol' came first and that's where he earned his name. Funny as he's coming to my school for a charity show, I'm going to ask him how he felt about that scene.

From a... well not exactly a friend, but I heard the film is terrible. In some ways I feel the second one was better than the first in my opinion but there you go. What does put me off is the decrease in ratings, it just really means that the directors are trying to earn more of a decent profit so people of a younger audience can see it in cinemas.

From what I've seen in trailers and such, the comedy has been used over and over again, the parodies just don't hit me as the first two did and the lack of originality puts me off.

Undoubtedly though, I'll go and see this with friends. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B] But, when you resort to [spoiler]blasting a hole through a portrait of Mother Teresa's face with a shotgun as a gag--you're going in the complete opposite direction.[/spoiler][/B][/QUOTE]

That really bothered me on a few levels. I don't know how anyone could possibly laugh at that, and I really don't know what they were thinking when they put it in there. All the implications with the priest were a bit much too, I think.