OtakuBoards

Matrix Reloaded: DVD (Image Heavy)

I, Colossus

[color=#006699]I got the OK from James to create another topic. This topic is going to tackle the DVD's speacial features and religous connections.

The DVD extras are amazing, but not enough if you ask me. I'm one of those people who watches the movie and then watches all the extras. The extras didn't keep me busy nearly as long as I wanted them to. [b]MTV Movie Awards: Reloaded[/b] was awesome. =p It was a skit from the MTV Movie Awards and a spoof on Reloaded. First they (Justin Timberlake and Sean William Scott) are in Zion, and a hilarious conversation with Andy Dick ensues.

[spoiler]Andy: There's going to be a big orgy at Morpheus' place later tonight, at least that's what many of us have heard.

Morpheus: What many of you have heard is true.

Andy: What can we expect at this orgy Morpheus?

Morpheus: MACHINES.[/spoiler]

It was hilarious, there are other funny scenes as well. Will Ferrel plays the architect and anything with him in it is awesome. The other extras were cool too, but I can't help but want to see more. :\

Matrix - Religion

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~edw3/reloaded4.jpg[/img]

Daniel 2:3

And the king said unto them, I have dreamed a dream, and my spirit was troubled to know the dream.

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~edw3/reloaded5.jpg[/img]

Deuteronomy 28:52

And he shall besiege thee in all thy gates, until thy high and fenced walls come down, wherein thou trustedst, throughout all thy land: and he shall besiege thee in all thy gates throughout all thy land, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

----
Those are just a few things, I've noticed. I'm suprised how many people didn't know how religion oriented that it is. Such as Zion being the last Isrealic city. =p

There is another scripture I can't find at the moment, that describes Agent Smith. I belive it's something like "Issiah - And I have brought forth a Smith of destruction" or something. Researching the religous connections is quite fun, you should try it.

Anyway, anyone else have the DVD and notice any religous connections I missed?[/color]

I don't pretend to know every single aspect of the religious nature of The Matrix but even I've noticed some of the more obvious religious aspects of the movies (such as Neo being the messiah of his people). But I'll take your word for it and do some research on this, heh. It does sound plenty interesting.

I haven't had time to watch the other extras but they're mostly just behind the scenes stuff, anyway. I did see the hilarious MTV Movies Awards: Reloaded, though (it's even better now because it's uncensored...bleeps are very annoying). Anything Will Ferrel is in is immediately pure gold...he's the man.

[spoiler]Neo: Why am I here?

Will Ferrel (Architect): You just shut your mouth!

Neo: Why am I here?

Will: Ergo! Ergo! Visa-vi![/spoiler]

Great stuff.

EDIT: Just finished reading a great article about the religious overtones of The Matrix. If you want to read it, it's at [url]http://webpages.charter.net/btakle/matrix_reloaded.html[/url]. It's a very interesting read; I'd suggest it heavily for those who wish to better understand the movie.

Anyway, this article dealt with many things, the most interesting being the roles of both The Architect and The Oracle and about Agent Smith. This deals with the basic religious stuff like The Garden of Eden (The Matrix) and reality (Zion). It also presented the idea of The Architect as God and Neo as the devil. However, not the devil in the sense that many people think of the devil. The God that The Architect is represents leaving the world static. The devil that Neo is represents change. It's all explained much better in the article than I can really explain it off the top of my head.

The stuff with Agent Smith was very interesting, as well. The article breaks down Smith's many similarities with Neo and also talks about Smith's "humanizing" as it were. Smith is becoming more noticeably human every time we see him. In the first movie, he speaks about the fact that he hates humans and how he hates that they multiply and breed. He speaks with a rather disgusted tone when he says this. However, Smith is now replicating himself at every chance he gets and he has even gone as far as to transplant himself into a human. Why? Because he now has a purpose and that purpose is to kill Neo.

That's just a taste of what the whole thing talks about. Again, I'd highly suggest reading it because it makes sense out of a lot of things that go on in The Matrix and it's sequel.

On the second disc, you have to click the little icon in the bottom left corner (it looks like a little fast forward/rewind sign) and you'll be taken to another screen. On that screen, you should be able to access the MTV Movie Awards: Reloaded, since it has it's own icon.

Hope this helps you out.

It would have been really cool if they had an expozay on the religious connotations in the matrix reloaded, but i think that Adny and Larry Warchowski want it so you have to think and think about it. I never knew that the license plates in the freeway chase scene had bible verses on them. I was too enthralled by the action :p

I have just bought the reloaded DVD, unfortunately I can't play it yet, I'm looking forward to seeing the MTV movie awards skit, seeing as how I missed it this year.

I also have the dvd, and really enjoy it. Actually I have two, don't ask.

There are alot of other religious spcs within both movies, most alot of you probebly know from the first one. Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, Nebuchadnezzar are all religion based.

The Reloaded' skit was awesome. I saw it a few months bcak when it was on tv and enjoyed watching it again.

The MTV Movie Awards: Reloaded is absolutely hillarious. I enjoyed the scene with Neo, Justin Timberlake, and the Oracle(played by Wanda Sykes) the most, as well as the sequence that follows.

[spoiler] Neo: I see Trinity. And something bad happens. She falls. Then I wake up.

Oracle: Now that's fu*ked up.

Oracle: Come on, show me some moves!

Justin: Do I have to?

Oracle: I'm the Oracle, d*mmit!

Justin: You can do the robot with JT

Neo: What if I can't? What happens if I fail?

Just: Dude. You need to lighten up. Seriously. It's just the robot.

(When Justin's fighting the swarm of Sean William-Scotts(In Smith outfits), one Sean starts punching another after Justin causes the one being punched to hit the one doing the punching)

Sean(the one doing the punching): Stop hitting yourself! (Someone farts. Everyone freezes) Who farted?[/spoiler]

Just hillarious.