OtakuBoards

Zoids

drysy

Which Zoids anime is your favorite?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Zoids anime is your favorite?

• Zoids:Chaotic Century
    • Zoids:Guardian Force
    • Zoids:New Century Zero
    • All of them

i have been watching zoids cc in the morning and i have been following the storyline.However i missed about a weeks worth of episodes and when i watched it this morning everything had changed van was with fiona wearing a different uniform and moonbay and ervine were not there,the last episode i saw was where van beat those 3 guards in the zaber fangs.

Could someone please fill me in on what i missed

THANKS

[B]**SPOILERS! ANYONE WHO DOESN'T WANT TO KNOW LOOK AWAY NOW!**[/B]

Okay... Basically, you've come in at the beginning of the second Japanese season (known as Guardian Force) which had been annexed into Chaotic Century. Um, actually... which three guards are they? I don't remember them. Were they Silver/Gold ZaberFangs or grey ones? The gold/silver ones were in CC, the grey-blue ones in GF. Here's a run-down of the last few episodes of CC.

Anyway, near the end of CC, Van and co drew nearer and nearer to the Guylos (sp?) capital. On the way there, they met Minister Homalev, and Van made a really funny comment upon his reunion with Rudolph. I can't remember exactly what happened, but I think Van decided to head out to Guygolos(sp?) ahead of them. He gets intercepted by Raven who challenges him in the Geno Saurer.

Back at Homalev's place, Irvine, Moonbay and Rudolph find themselves under seige by Imperial forces, led by Prozen's lacky, the woman with the crazy fringe. They escape and high-tail it to the capital. Rudolph requests reinforcement form the Republican forces.

Meanwhile, Van's battling with Raven and is losing pretty badly. Just as things are about to get worse, we cut back to Rudolph's troop. They're surrounded by Rev Raptors, and it takes Viola and Rosso (if you didn't know it was them, it's not my fault- it's so flaming obvious!) in the Storm Sworders to rescue them.

In the city, Prozen is addressing the citizens. The Death Saurer rises out of the ground and fires a massive Charged Particle Cannon at the Storm Sworders, which have just landed, dropping off Rudolph. Schubalz (YAAY!) appears as Prozen turns his attention to destroying the city.

Raven is enjoying beating up Van and manages to make Zeke jump out, and Fiona gets thrown out too. Just when he's about to give up, Zeke 'fuses' (i.e. wraps her up and takes her into his chest cavity) with her and they jump into the Liger. The damage done to the Liger regenerates into healthy parts and Raven isn't impressed. Fiona notices that the Geno Saurer can't turn and fire at the same time, so the Liger avoids Raven's shot, breaking the Geno Saurer's foot. Van activates the Liger's shield and points the blades forwards, charging straight at Raven. The Charged Particle Beam splits in two and he destroys the Geno Saurer.

By now, the Republican forces have arrived and a whole column of Sheild Ligers is destroyed by the Death Saurer. Vann arrives and together, Rosso, Schubaltz, Van, Irvine and more or less everyone destroys the Death Saurer. Rudolph takes his rightful place as Emperor. At the end, we see the Blade Liger running off into the sunset.

Guardian Force- The Guardian Force is a group of elite soldiers (i.e. Van and Scubaltz's brother Thomas) who run around protecting the world from bandits and terrorism. In the first episode, Van, having finished his Zoid Pilot training, goes back home to the Wind Colony. On the way, he comes across a wrecked Gustav, which has Dr D and Fiona in it (they've been studying a dig site). he takes them back home and they recover. There, a strange red organoid tries to attack him and a Stealth Viper arrives to blow up buildings. Van manages to stop him, and he is chosen by a council (headed by Colonel Kreuger) to be a member of the elite Guardian Force. That's pretty much everything. Irvine does come back a little later (one of my favourite episodes), as do Moonbay and Raven.

[B]**END SPOILERS**[/B]

I hope that was alright.

----------------------------------

I think it's great. The dialogue, the characters, the music, the Zoids themselves. I love it all. Especially Major Scubaltz. He's really cool.

It's a really well-done series. It's a lot more adult than a lot of other kids' anime series. The dialogue's clever and funny, the voice acting's good- it's great to listen to, especially with Robert Etoll's score.

Granted, the plot's a little cliche, but it still keeps throwing things at you that you wouldn't expect. It's very exciting.

• 5 months later...
I'm not sure why or under what curcumstances this member was banned, but I'm going to keep this thread open as long as you explain your reasons for choose which series you like the best. Ignore that second post of his in the sense that he didn't double post, I just merged two of his threads to make one 'Zoids' topic. That way, I generalized it to talk about which series is your favorite, whether or not you own any models, or basically anything you wish to talk about on Zoids. I hope this helps.

Thanks Syk ^_^

I really like the Zoids series, and I have to agree with Psyco- I prefer CC and GF much more than New Century Zero. The characters, the music were all much better in the first two series. I especially liked the interactions between Van and Irvine, and I think the characters are some of the nicest-looking designed in anime. Major Schubaltz for one, and Irvine for another.

I have all three Zoids Chaotic Century/Guardian Force soundtracks. Robert Etoll did a great job with the series, I think.

As for models, I have the Gojulas Giga, Geno Breaker and Konig Wolf. They don't move wonderfully well (not nearly as well as they do on the series), but they look fantastic. A great improvement on the original 80's ones.

I have seen all three and like all three. Zoids: CC (Chaotic Century) is definately one of the best. I especially like the mystery that surrounds Fiona, and the totally kick-***** paintjob on Ivine's Command Wolf. Guardian force is the best of them all. Not only is the greatest Organoid owning villian back, but he gets a much better (evolved) version of his zoid. (And besides, the older Fiona is cute :D) Century Zero is great for the battles and conversion Liger parts, but that is about it. Its story lacks something, and even some of the battles are worthless.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Chaotic Century and Guardian Force were my favorite Zoid series mainly for the fact that they had structure to it. Unlike Zoids Zero, those two series followed an interesting plot that was very long and never got tiresome. Also the characters and battles were much better and more human/zoid interaction went on in CC and GF.

I can't wait for season 4 though....actually not sure if it's going to be based on a new story or the continuation of Zoids Zero and the S-Class.

I didn't know a Season 4 was being made. I await its arrival in great anticipation, then in that case... unless it's about Bit again.

I've seen some characters from Zoids who look like they're in a manga. One boy has a Konig Wolf. This is the same with the Zoids vs. on GameCube- it's a Konig Wolf vs a Dark Spiner. Do you think they'll be the main characters?

One thing I really did like about New Century Zero was the Shadow Fox. That made an amazing sound. Also, I liked the throwbacks it gave to the first two seasons, [spoiler]especially when the finishing line of the competition is the same Ultrasaurus (plus Gravity Cannon) as seen at the end of GF.[/spoiler]

CC has way better battle senes than C0. Gardian Force is good, but animators didnt put much efort into Karl Shubaltz (my fav character)Plus i thought the war parts were cool. NC0 just doesnt have a good story line. The characters are kinda week. But their funny

zoids is a very cool anime its like...... transformers but much much better. i personally like all of the series (yes even the bit series) the thing i like about zoids is there are not very many filler episodes. almost every episode has a battle in it. i saw NCZ first then i saw the others. maybe zoids four is about the ancient zoidians. i want to see more of them and stuff. i really liked GF the only problem i had is that it was a killer series but the last few episodes that let up to the ending i thought were pathetic. it seemed like the last few (especially the last 3) were very predictable.

I didn't think the GF ending was pathetic as such- it was just a little unoriginal compared to the first in my view. It was annoying that the ending was almost exactly the same as the CC one, albeit via a slightly different method. They could have had something much more impressive. But that's the way it goes, I guess.

I agree that both Chaotic Century and Guardian Force are better than New Century, but NC had one of the coolest Zoids, the Beserk Fury. That thing took down about four Genosaurs, faster than the Genobreaker did at the end of GF. All in all the Beserk Fury is one badass Zoid. What are some of your favorites throughout the three series?

Please respond.

• 5 months later...
[size=1][color="666666"]
Zoid Fuzors: Another Zoids anime show. This time the Zoids are capable of combining[fusing] to make a more powerful Zoid. Although I have only saw one episode I am addicted. The main character pilots Liger Zero, his name is RD. It seems like the show is cell animated, or made by computers. I believe the animation and graphics are totally awesome. What do you think of this new series?

Overall Rating:
10/10

The two main reason's I enjoy the series is :

Reson One:
Although it may seem rediculous I am a total Zoid maniac. I have seen almost all the episodes of Zoids: Chaotic Century and Zoids : New Century. Both I believe was awesome but I enjoyed Zoids : CC better! I also used to rp Zoids on msn.

Reson Two:
The fusion capabilites, this opens new and totally awesome zoids. Two types of weaponary, armor, etc. I mean come on its great!

[/size][/color]

[COLOR=limegreen]I think that this new Zoids sieres could be alot better

What are my reason for saying this?? well here they are

1. First the main character name is RD, this compelty mess me up cause every time i here it, i think i'm watching Big O, and i think that the show shouldn't have riped off that name. Also i dont think his voice matchs well with the character i probly would have given him Van's voice actor from Zoids CC

2. To me its seems to have no real story to it, unlike Zoids GF and Zoids Chaotic Centery, now they had style, character depth and alot better story to it. This Zoids saga looks like its going to be a mirror of Zoids New Centery Zero, tho i must say the idea of the fusing idea is good and well thought out, i hope to see what combonations they come out with

3. the use of a battle area for Zoid battles is good, but i miss to old open filed battles, those seemed to me any way to have alot more staroige involed in them, plus i miss the funny actions of the Judge's

So over all, i would give Zoid Fuzors, a 7.5 out of 10, its good but not great, well thats what i think anyway[/COLOR]

There usually isn't anything better to watch on tv at that time and i think Zoids fuzors is pretty cool.

I did notice that RD dose sound like Van from Zoids Chaotic Centery though and that threw me for a loop, cause as soon as i noticed that i was like what the hell is up with this, but then again it dose fit the character RD.

I am also pretty sure that it comes on at like 7 or 8 pm on Saturday nights on Cartoon Network. otherwise i don't have that much else to say about it, other than the fact that its kinda like all the other zoid series.

Well at my time it comes on at 7pm...and it does sound like Van's voice doesn't it...??I love the show I think it's pretty cool...especially on the last episode...RD went to catch all these wild Zoids with Helmit and some dude (forgot his name...)and was interupted by Blake in the process...of course they started to fight whenthey were caught by Deed and some girl...and they- I'm gonna stop right there just incase you all don't want to here this....

Your all wrong with RD's voice. the same voice for RD is the same voice from Harry of Zoids New Century Zero. The voice of Van in Chaotic Century/Guardian Force is the same as Yusuke's voice in Yu-Yu-Hakusho. The guy that had the Lightning Saixs , Jack I do believe he's the voice of RD's enemy, Blake I think his name is.

[size=1][color="666666"]
Although I don't know much about the voices of the "Zoid Fuzors" sounded familiar. Thank you Shadow Fire for pointing that out. Yes RD's enemy is named Blake, he pilots a Beserk Fuhrer type zoid. It looks like also like the Geno Breaker due to it can fire the CPC : "Charged Particle Cannon.
[/size][/color]

Blake would be pretty cool...if he didn't have to fight with RD in all the episodes so far. I hate Cassandra...she's just plain annoying...so is Amy...but Blake is pretty cool if you ask me...but hey! Everyone has their own opinion! And shadow has proven that!!but...it doesn't really sound like Yusuke...well to me...he sounds like...yeah!!!Harry!!!it does sound like Harry!!

Guest SetoKaiba
:( I'm sort of disappointed with Zoids Fuzors. At first glance it seems like a pretty decent follow up to Zoids Zero however it doesn't even come close. I like the idea of how they combined elements from CC and Zero though it just doesn't work for this show. Also the characters are rather bland nothing like Van and Bit. Lastly the idea behind fusion is rather uninspired and just feels way over done in anime series today so why bother putting it in a Zoids series. In the end Zoids Fuzors is nothing more then a sad rip on Transformers Armada and various other shows.

Guest Stealth Knight
To me, Zoids Fuzors is the best series of Zoids. That's me of course. I mainly like it because the Zoids can fuse together, and that (of course) is why it is called Zoids Fuzors. With this, there is a lot of different combinations that can be made with the Zoids, unless the combinations can only be limited to certain Zoids can only fuse with certain Zoids.

[size=1][color="666666"]
[b]Blazing Yusuke[/b] : The new Zoids series is about the newest modification to the zoids. This meaning that they can fuse together and make a zoid I believe about one hundred times powerful if it was a non fused zoid. IT is cool how it makes the zoid fuse and see awesome combinations and such. Also some zoids can fuse with many other different zoids.
[/size][/color]

it realy bad
i'm convinsed to ripping off gundam wing with the eagle zoid the
RD- Brad Swaile others shows zoids0 as harry, gundam wing Quatre
Blake- Brian Drummond hes zecks from gundam wing and he was Jack Sisquo too
its all the normal ocean group voices